CAT5

MH FEATURED POLL #22: What languages do you speak?

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #22  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What Languages do you speak?

• Chinese/Mandarin
    • English
    • Hindi/Urdu
    • Spanish
    • Arabic
    • Russian
    • Portuguese
    • Bengali
    • Malay-Indonesian
    • French
    • Japanese
    • Dutch
    • Finnish
    • Swedish
    • German
    • Italian
    • Korean
    • Vietnamese
    • Norwegian
    • Other
    • Hungarian
    • Polish

I have done a course in both French and Spanish a few years back in school, but I don't really remember most of it anymore... ^^;; So I guess that doesn't count, however... I'm going to be a kiwi and tick them anyway. >: 3 Hopefully I can come back to this in a few years time and can click on Japanese, Korean and Chinese. x3 Apart from the first two I've said, I can do Engrish/Beni-ism. Because not even my mother language is right most of the time. x'D

Dat gif. <3

English majorily. But my family is Hispanic and I can understand a great deal of it though I can't always answer in it. >_>; and I've studied Japanese for a year. So solid English and partial for the other 2. But I marked them since I do speak them I'm just not fluent...

Portuguese (my native language) English, French (I had classes in my school),

I'm trying to learn Japanese step by step.

I had also Spanish, but I will not count cos I total FAIL on it.

Also I want to learn Beni-ism

Fluent in both Portuguese and English. Still trying to get myself to stop being lazy and start learning a third language already (probably Italian).

Fluent in Finnish and English, and I studied German basically for almost 10 years. So I guess if I did a bit of rehearsing I could describe my German "pretty good". I've also studied Swedish since it's compulsory here, so I could describe my Swedish abilites with the grade "satisfactory" XD

I speak Thai in real life and frequently use English online.

Although I'm a Thai-Chinese, I can't speak Chinese unlike overseas Chinese nor do I have a Chinese name because we're basically Thai.

I wish I had paid more attention to Japanese classes back in the uni.

Still learning it passively as I currently have something more important to learn first.

French is my mother tongue. And I speak english with difficulties lmao (I wish I were more comfortable with it; I try my best everyday but it's not easy). I learned spanish at school too but I can't remember shit (ok, maybe a few words actually, but that's it).

I can speak Chinese and English fluently. So far, I'm the only one who voted Chinese, wonder if there are other Chinese speaking fellows around.

Native Hungarian, fluent English and very bad Spanish, haha. Also some random phrases/structures in Japanese and German, but I wouldn't rly call that much of a 'knowledge', heh (so didn't tick those).

1) Native Finnish, Russian (bilingual, "accentless") and Fluent in English (ofc)

2) Used to be quite good in Swedish (seeing as most (*cough* 90%) of my childhood friends were "Fenno-swedish") until I moved to the capital side and my skills have degraded massively to the point of being "satisfactory" (guess it was the result of culture shock after witnessing the youth negating the said language in here...because of its compulsory status? idk) - I do still understand talks and such to the same extent as I used to back in the day but don't even challenge me to say anything witty in Swedish, pls v_v

3) German could be pretty good-ish if I did a bit of rehearsing as well, and French in my case could be "good" if the former happened...

4) I understand Ukrainian and Polish (since most of my slavic grande familia were born and still living in Poland) to the most...perhaps great-er extent. Blame my relatives who understand my russki talk but refuse to respond in the same language, heh.

5) Currently studying a bit of Korean and trying to get my lazy ass to study Mandarin too...due to certain careerist ambitions

6) I tried a bit of Japanese but then I realized that I'd only decrease my interest in weeaboo culture as a result - I just happen to like things that I understand only a "little bit" (e.g. me understanding German after a few years @ school made me literally stop stanning Rammstein and Oomph, I wonder why :D)

I voted English only... it's the official language of the area I live in.

My second-best spoken language is Chinese (Cantonese) but I have a very limited vocabulary. I learned from my mother and a few Cantonese-speaking friends. It's a very common language in my city.

My second-best written language (well, mostly reading) is Japanese, which I have been teaching myself for the past 10-11 years via music, video games, and anime/dramas. I still don't consider myself good enough to do things like translating. I can't really speak it, because there are very few native Japanese speakers around here that I can practice with.

The government forced me to learn French in school for many years but I retained very little of it.

...based on all that information, it's probably not too hard to guess where I live.. lol

I used to study Arabic back in school and I can read and write some, but I haven't bothered to review it ever since I did that. I'd like to pick it up sometime though. 

Apologies for typing like a retard lol

Para: Just kidding :D

[Hugarian, tho~ There are also few other dudes here, but they're just lurkers (not because I'm that active, but still... xd)]

I was graduated from German, but didn't use since ages, I should to recharge my studies.

Learning Dutch currently, but i'm still a beginner. (I never learned English at school, so my grammar is sucks ._.)

Para: Just kidding :D

[Hugarian, tho~ There are also few other dudes here, but they're just lurkers (not because I'm that active, but still... xd)]

I was graduated from German, but didn't use since ages, I should to recharge my studies.

Learning Dutch currently, but i'm still a beginner. (I never learned English at school, so my grammar is sucks ._.)

Added Hungarian and a bonus language: Polish :D

I speak now 4 languages, and the recently language is german.

Native in portuguese (Brazilian)

English (Its okay)

Brazilian sign Language (Im fluent)

German (In soon i will be fluent haha)

German its a easy language in my opinion :D

I pretend study Japanese (Its my dream) and french, spanish (maybe), Finnish, Danish, Swiss German.

I just want learn more and more languages while im alive :P

I speak Russian... Кто ещё говорит по-русски, нажмите "мне нравится"

Though i have a diploma in translating in medicine i have intermediate level of English.. but i dont have difficulties with speaking in English with foreign people..

P.S I cant understand American English :DD 

:domo: since Ukranian and Belorussian are really similar to Russian i can understand and watch some TV programms in these languages too))

english, some limited french (though i took it to the highest secondary school level, im still shit) and my mother tongue is farsi/persian which isnt in the poll D;

German, English, Japanese. (German is my native tongue, English I learnt at school, Japanese at university.)

Had French and Spanish at school for 2 years each, but it has deteriorated a lot since then, so I didn't include it in my vote. XD

Oh, and 5 years of Latin. But you don't "speak" Latin, unless you are my crazed, latin-obsessed friend, who can actually *speak* it, so....

But I like languages and hope to learn more one day. Russian, Icelandic and Finnish hold my interest.