Trombe

Die(DIR EN GREY) project "DECAYS" has formed

Inb4 we have people foolishly comparing DECAYS to Dir en grey like they did with Sukekiyo......

To the point where it needed to be confirmed that ARCHE was going to sound nothing like Sukekiyo....

Even though.....anyone with a shred of common sense could tell that. 

Inb4 we have people foolishly comparing DECAYS to Dir en grey like they did with Sukekiyo......

To the point where it needed to be confirmed that ARCHE was going to sound nothing like Sukekiyo....

Even though.....anyone with a shred of common sense could tell that.

I think those comparisons, while not completely warranted, were at least understandable. I can't really see that happening here since Koba's vocal style is completely different than Kyo's. But since the band's sound is still up in the air, it's hard to say what'll happen. Koba is a composer too, but I feel like since this is Die's project, he'll probably want to have the most creative input there. Tho I won't even be mad if this comes out sounding like diru with Koba on vocals :lol:

"DECAYS" members:
Vo.&Gt.Die (DIR EN GREY)
Dr.樫山圭(koshiyama kei) (MOON CHILD)
guest Vo.&Gt.小林祐介(kobayashi yuusuke) (THE NOVEMBERS)
Ba.G.Terrence
☆.チドニー(chidony)

CIZQ3EDUcAAe5B2.jpg

they are mainly live-oriented band at this moment

"Guest vocals" is a weird way of putting it. Isn't that term usually reserved for vocalists that aren't a part of the band itself? I'd have though "backup vocals" or something like that would have been used instead.

Still hella interested either way.

So where exactly is this "live-orientation" and "guest vocal" mentioned?

I begin to doubt @Trombe and @Wicked Teletubby's statements (sources??!!) in terms of roles that members in DECAYS share. I didn't notice this piece of information in OFFICIAL channels, a la Barks, Natalie and so on - only the fact that they will "experiment" around with this "twin vocal chemistry" (source: Barks).

For the next time, I'd highly recommend you guys to get your sources up before coming up with canards (un)intentionally.

Also, for the sake of explaining my doubts: why the heck would they dedicate a LARGE band promo pic (on OHP MOREOVER!!!) with ALL OF THE MEMBERS (normally Japanese acts clearly point out in case their members are purely "guests" with e.g. separate pics, small info bits) if say, Die and that MOON CHILD guy "are the only official members" (as in "non-guests" if you will). By that sense those who posted this info are either totally lost in translation or Sun-Krad/Firewall leaks some very conflicting news atm.

世界各国でツアーを行うTHE NOVEMBERSの小林祐介をゲストボーカルに招き、Dieとのツインボーカルで始動する。活動はライブが中心だが、2人は「その延長上でCDを発売していきたい」と気合十分。

in all related articles, DECAYS is stated as project established by Die & 樫山圭(koshiyama kei), and imo it is possible (but not very certain) that they will invite other Vo. to develop twin-vocal-chemistry in the future...but at this moment, 小林祐介(kobayashi yuusuke) is their stationary Vo.&Gt., and he seems NOT only side- or back-vocal despite using "guest" (as "guest" does NOT imply "less important")

Okay, things began to clear up for once (I misunderstood "stationary" in that sentence).

Thank you @Trombe!

Ps. Sun-Krad promo employees are surely one hell of an odd bunch with these "switching guest vocalist"-concepts...

So Decays is releasing a music video this month on the 23rd called Secret mode. I couldn't get the image to post, but it shows Die and Kobayashi with Mic stands, so we'll actually hear Die's voice. I'm kinda curious what it'll sound like or if he'll just be screaming