Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Purity Ring

281eeqx.jpg

Purity Ring is a Canadian electronic music duo formed in 2010 and originally from Edmonton, Alberta.[6] The band consists of Megan James (vocals) and Corin Roddick (instrumentals)

Anyone here a fan of these guys?  i discovered them a few months ago and have been obsessed with them since then. They're like an awesome hybrid of electro-pop, edm, trip-hop, and future bass. They've only got 2 albums out, Shrines, and Eternity, and I love them both for different reasons. I'm really looking forward to that 3rd album they have in progress. 

I got a hold of the Eternity album when it was (I'm assuming accidentally) uploaded as a Japanese release, lol. That's the only reason I know them, but I remember them because of their name. I really like how it sounds, and that goes for their music too. The female has a really lovely voice, interesting mix of sounds with her tone. I'd listen to them more if I wasn't such a Jmusic head.

Canadians are defenitely good at making good electronic music, Crystal Castles and then Purity ring. I love them, I found about the duo a couple of years ago with their song Fineshrine. I don't even remember how I discover them to be honest lol

I liked the soft melody contrasting with the gruesome lyrics Get a little closer, let fold cut open my sternum and pull my little ribs around you ~

Sign in to follow this