Biopanda

Presenting RarezHut: The first(?) international used VK store!

After well over a year's worth of work, I'd like to present to you all: RarezHut! This is one of the first international store for used visual kei music. Myself, along with my two associates, have been working hard to deliver a store to meet the needs of the international visual kei community, offering a wide selection of products at a reasonable cost. At the moment, RarezHut has over 600 items for sale, each of which includes a listenable/watchable sample! We've got a total inventory of well over 2000 items and will be working hard over the coming months to deliver updates(at least once a month) with as many items as we can stuff in there. Currently available are a multitude of CDs, DVDs, cassette tapes and VHS spanning over 200 bands.

Features of the store include:

• "Fuzzy search" system: when you search for a band, it'll pull up any other items available by bands with members from the band you searched for in addition.
  • Listenable/watchable samples for every item to give you a little idea of what to look forward to.
  • Newsletter: If you create an account, you can opt-in for our newsletter which details all of the recent additions and will be sent out the moment they're added to the site, allowing you to get first dibs on any new goodies! Remember: once they're gone, they're gone for good~
  • Digital copies: along with any cassette/VHS purchases, we offer high-quality digital copies free-of-charge. We realize that not everyone has the means to play these aging formats, but we aim not to let that get in the way of you being able to enjoy them! In an effort to make sure that buying goes smoothly, all items added will have the digital copies ready before addition so that packages can be shipped out on the next business day.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this and we sincerely hope you enjoy the store(and whatever goodies you buy from it :3)! Given the small nature of the visual kei community, we rely on word-of-mouth for most of our advertising, so any friends you can tell about the store will help us immensely <3

If you've got any questions/comments/feedback, feel free to post them here or send me a PM and I'll try to reply ASAP~

Update 3/13/2015

So we've finally joined the 21st century and started a facebook and tumblr! You can follow us on either(or both if you really love us <3) for product spotlights, updates, corgi pictures and more! To celebrate this, we're running a special 10% off sale from now(3/13) until next week Friday(3/20). To get in on this sale, just enter the code SOCIALSALE10 at checkout and you'll be on your way to (even) cheaper rarez in no time!

In addition, I'd like to welcome Rob(robkun) to the RarezHut team! He's been a huge supporter of our store since the very beginning and we're honored to have him as part of the staff! He'll be writing the product spotlights on both our facebook and tumblr pages, so definitely go check them out because they're really awesome :3

About shipping cost ? is calculate at the order ? do you have a pricing by country or a single price for each customers ?

About shipping cost ? is calculate at the order ? do you have a pricing by country or a single price for each customers ?

The shipping cost is shown on the "Shopping Cart" page, you can choose from a few shipping options and review the total cost before confirming.

Hiroki covered it perfectly :3 I should add something about shipping to the FAQ page, since I've seen that question pop up twice already.

Now that a few people have had some time to check out the site, what do you guys think about it? Is there anything you'd like to see changed or added?

Thank' Hiroki ^^.

For a start is good, I think it's will be updates for become better.

I will wait to order, in old release I search just Loz'a≠Veria & some older stuff by Dir en Grey.

As one of the first customers of your honorable establishment, let me propose these two things:

1. Would it be possible to add a release date or just the year to the items - as long as you know them. I know with some reeally obscure stuff it's hard to find out.

2. Since your stock per item is quite limited (usually to 1, lol) I suspect that your artist list will soon be filled with a lot of "Zombie artists" that are out of stock. Are you going to remove artists once they are sold-out (and you not planning on adding more stuff by them)? If not, how about using strikethrough or something to indicate that an artist is currently not in stock. People might get overly exited to see some obscure band in your list, only to find out that you are not actually seeling anything by them (anymore) once they click on the releases.

Other than that - good work and I can't wait for my delivery. :D

Thank' Hiroki ^^.

For a start is good, I think it's will be updates for become better.

I will wait to order, in old release I search just Loz'a≠Veria & some older stuff by Dir en Grey.

I've got a bunch of Loz'a≠Veria items, so I'll try and add those to the list of items for the next update :3

As one of the first customers of your honorable establishment, let me propose these two things:

1. Would it be possible to add a release date or just the year to the items - as long as you know them. I know with some reeally obscure stuff it's hard to find out.

2. Since your stock per item is quite limited (usually to 1, lol) I suspect that your artist list will soon be filled with a lot of "Zombie artists" that are out of stock. Are you going to remove artists once they are sold-out (and you not planning on adding more stuff by them)? If not, how about using strikethrough or something to indicate that an artist is currently not in stock. People might get overly exited to see some obscure band in your list, only to find out that you are not actually seeling anything by them (anymore) once they click on the releases.

Other than that - good work and I can't wait for my delivery. :D

1. I can certainly try and do this, but expect a lot of blank spaces since some of that info is just impossible to find :P

2. I'll be removing the pages for sold items along with the band pages if they're empty to help keep things nice and neat~

Wow this looks awesome! In regards to the items, what kind of condition are they in? It doesn't really say...

I addressed that a bit in the FAQ section. Most(but not all) of the items we have were received used, though used items I receive from Japan are generally in excellent condition. If something happened to the case during shipping(beyond very minor scratches), then I would replace the case with a new one. If you've got any questions about the condition of any items in specific, then I'd be more than willing to check and give you more details :3

I addressed that a bit in the FAQ section. Most(but not all) of the items we have were received used, though used items I receive from Japan are generally in excellent condition. If something happened to the case during shipping(beyond very minor scratches), then I would replace the case with a new one. If you've got any questions about the condition of any items in specific, then I'd be more than willing to check and give you more details :3

Thanks! Hopefully i'll be buying some of this soon :D

Congratulations, Bio! Any plans to sell other itens, such as band clothing?

Since the only band clothing I have is the stuff I buy for myself, probably not XD There may be a few miscellaneous things added later like photosets and magazines. I was thinking for a while about selling flyers, but just decided to include a few of those for free with every order(I should probably mention this somewhere...).

Guest mitsubana

this is a neat, awesome idea!!! sadly no auncia in stock haha will keep an eye on you guys

A little late on this, but just put out the first of the weekly updates on the store :3 This time there was a total of 44 items added, though I'm hoping subsequent updates will be even bigger~

Oh and for those who got the newsletter, I accidentally added two items that weren't actually put on the store yet(the D'espairsRay and dieS DVDs).