JukaForever

[SOLVED] How to embed 8tracks playlist?

I have been playing around with my sig to try and embed a sample playlist.

QlzpE2c.png

It plays fine if I press play. Other than the text, the player disappears when I press save. Is this possible to embed?

The code I pasted on the "Media" thing was an html FYI

The short answer is no.

The long answer is yes but that would require giving you permissions to embed HTML code into your signature. That is extremely dangerous, as you (or someone else) can insert malicious Javascript into the HTML and compromise the safety or identity of any user that loads a page that renders your signature. I'm not even sure how you got that far in the first place, since HTML isn't enabled for you (if it was, you would have a little box that says Enable HTML underneath your signature but above the "Save Changes" button). In my signature, you can see that the embedded HTML code does work, so it's probably malfunctioning for you because of missing permissions.

Wordpress shortcode doesn't work either, as it is not the same as BBCode, which is what this website uses to embed data.

If you paste the code that you were originally using to embed the player in your signature, I'll see if it's possible to manipulate BBCode into producing what you want. Place the code itself within

[\/html] tags (without the backslash) so it's neatly formatted.

<iframe src="http://8tracks.com/mixes/4662526/player_v3_universal" width="300" height="250" style="border: 0px none;"></iframe>
<p class="_8t_embed_p" style="font-size: 11px; line-height: 12px;"><a href="">10' to Hip-Hop</a> from <a href="">iLLete</a> on <a href="http://8tracks.com">8tracks Radio</a>.</p>

I see you have it done in your siggy. I wasn't actually trying to put into my siggy. I was going to try to embed it to my review so people can listen to the playlist while they read my review for the MH trade-off.

You also can't do that. That's still HTML that you're trying to embed and you'll still need the permissions. I have it disabled for everyone at the moment. I still don't know how you got that far.

I simply copy and pasted that code into that media BBCode, glitch maybe? I was just messing around, pasting it every BBCode option there is. It worked for that moment so i was just curious if it was possible. Thanks for the info, I will just link the playlist instead.