Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

Gt.Daisuke Aradate has left 8-eit

What is it with bands named EIGHT and long periods of inactivity?

Guitarist Daisuke Aradate has left 8-eit after two years and five months of inactivity. Apparently, they were thinking about it all along even though Tsubaki was the only one that cared enough to (barely) update the official blog. The official website was also updated to reflect this change, although he's still listed as a member. AFAIK, he was the main composer of the band. I had a feeling something like this was up because people don't stop their bands when they're at their most successful unless someone wants out. They've also been extremely quiet about their "return", which they had assured was going to be very quick.

If Tsubaki wants to bring joy back into my life, he'll find a new guitarist to take his place and start this band back up. 8-eit's material is so much easier to get a hold of it's not even funny. That doesn't seem likely though but fingers crossed.

http://ameblo.jp/eit8-blog/

http://eit8.com/archive20140808.html

Here's a copy of the message he left on the homepage. Not very good at deciphering Japanese so I'll leave that to someone else.

8-eitを応援してくださった皆様へ 

8-eitの活動が休止となって2年と5ヶ月が経ちました。

その間ずっと、8-eitと向き合い、バンドと向き合い、音楽と向き合い、考え続けてきました。

そしてやっと、単純な結論に至りました。

バンドをやりたい。

今日、2014年8月8日をもって8-eitを正式に脱退します。

自分にとってこの決断は本当に苦しいものであり、何度も何度も考えては戻り、考えては戻りを繰り返し、ここまで時間がかかってしまいました。

しかし、自分の信じる道を進み続ける上での決断です。

突然のお知らせと、どのような決断になったにしろここまで時間をかけてしまった事を皆様に心からお詫びします。

そして今まで本当にありがとうございました。

またどこかでお会いできる日まで、自分自身を磨き続けていきたいと思っています。

DAISUKE

But wait there's more!

I'm also fairly certain he's leaving tsubaki's solo project and if so that will be interesting. The message was the same on his (more active) solo ameblo page, and he announced a series of 3 lives that he and Daisuke are going to hold together, so what will happen to his solo project remains to be seen, as Daisuke has been 1/3 of that project since the very beginning.

As vague as this statement is, if 8-eit doesn't disband after this, I'm fairly certain they'll get back together. Only time will tell.

Sign in to follow this