Sign in to follow this  
Visutox

Death I Am

Death I Am

scyj.jpg

from L to R : Shogo Tsuruda / Jacob Wilcox / Yusuke Ito / Kaz Niita

Created in winter 2005 by the name of “Cultura” and based in Tokyo, Japan, "Death I Am" is a Japanese Death Metal/Deathcore band. Due to time constraints and musical change Sekiguchi along with Yoshiro and Etsuko left the band. Shogo Kept writing songs and material while the band was on hiatus and got Yutaro on bass. Then he found Jacob for vocals and they recorded some songs and changed the name of the band to "Death I Am". After a few tours they released their second demo “Providence”. In April 2010 They released their 1st full length album “Nebula” on Realize Records. In 2014, Kaz Niita joined the band as the new drummer. The band released a demo in 2011 titled "A Slaughter Yet To Come" and another one in 2012, titled "Nanite Swarm". Currently the band is on tour and after that they'll start recording their 2nd full-lenght album.

(Bio coming from : Mainly band's last.fm page; I made some changes and I added some recent information. The picture is from their website)

Past Members

Guitars : Yasuhiro Gotoh, Tomohiko Yoshida

Bass : Sekiguchi
Keyboards : Etsuko
Drums : Yoshiro, Daishi Matsukura

Discography

- Nascence (demo) 2007 
- Providence (demo) 2007 
- Nebula (album) 2010
- A Slaughter Yet To Come (demo) 2011
- Nanite Swarm (demo) 2012

Links

Twitter (Shogo's account)

Facebook

Last.fm

Official Website

--------------------------------------------------------------

I was a bit surprised that this band had not a thread here so I started this one. Even if it's understandable since they aren't popular but anyway.

I've been listening to this so talented band during a long time. Their 1st album "Nebula" released in 2010 is really great, awesome stuff. After that good album I got a bit disappointed because Yoshida and Matsukura had both left the band so I thought they'd be on hiatus or even split up but fortunately, the band is still alive.

I've been also pleased to see that they released two songs this year. Wilcox is a fuckin beast.

For those who don't know this band, here's some of their less newer stuff.

And for those who may be interested, I got some news coming from Shogo on twitter.

tsvw.png

So we can expect a new album coming in 2015. That's great!

they still cant really reach the level of bands like Infernal Revulsion .

but the new songs are good. hope they dont mess around again with that weak shit

I discovered them from the japanese metal documentation (on youtube) and the distributed songs weren't that bad. They have definitely potential, didn't listen to their new stuff though.

Yet, they're not like DA BOMB of japanese metal. Infernal revulsion, defiled and GxSxD are like my biggest hopes of j. extreme metal right now. None can surpass Vomit remnants though..  nerdnerdnerdnerdnerdnerdnerd

but the new songs are good. hope they dont mess around again with that weak shit

Newer said they are bad , just not the level of bands like Infernal Revulsion . Death I Am are good , but they stil have a little far from bands of both genres they play , from Death Metal , bands like Infernal Revulsion are way better , from Deathcore , well there is not much Deathcore in japan , but old Nocturnal Bloodlust was way better . For the second genre they could learn a thing or two from bands like Revenge The Fate on how to do it in a way that just works better . For now lets just see what the guys do on their next album .

Newer said they are bad , just not the level of bands like Infernal Revulsion . Death I Am are good , but they stil have a little far from bands of both genres they play , from Death Metal , bands like Infernal Revulsion are way better , from Deathcore , well there is not much Deathcore in japan , but old Nocturnal Bloodlust was way better . For the second genre they could learn a thing or two from bands like Revenge The Fate on how to do it in a way that just works better . For now lets just see what the guys do on their next album .

my bad. i ment to but "this!" before the rest of my comment. i'm on your page

Sign in to follow this