CAT5

MH FEATURED POLL #8: What kind of music merchandise do you like to buy?

MH Poll of the week #8  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of music merch do you like to buy?

• CD Album
    • CD Single
    • DVD
    • Shirts/Clothing
    • Pamphlets
    • Photobooks
    • Posters
    • Band Towels
    • Phone charms
    • Cheki
    • Shushus
    • Other

I got for the music and a shirt. 

I don't really care for cheki very much unless it's like... a specific band or something. But yeah.

I've answered a similar question before. I just buy the music. That's all!

When I was a teenager though, I was super into merch; every shirt I had was a band shirt. I also used to have band posters all over my walls until I was 20. There was a brief period of time when I would have been interested in getting a band phone charm when I was 18.

Nowadays, I do not like the idea of having "band merch" - I don't care for over-branding.

And I would never waste my money on a fucking polaroid. :lol:

I love posters and live DVDs are great especially since I am in no position to see most of my fave artists live. I only ever buy a CD Single if I know the artist is not the type to include the songs in their albums also if it has an artsy MV. 

I am apprehensive about shirts, standard Asian sizes are too small compared to NA sizes

hmm, cds of course, and posters, photosets. i also keep the small merch that come along with cds e.g. postcards, trading cards, stickers but don't think of it as "collecting" since i don't specifically hunt for those. i have some band shirts as well.

more recently i started collecting chekis but yeah it's a waste of money :P

I usually just stick to albums.

Singles I might buy if there's an exclusive bonus like a DVD or a song I want (which is usually never).

*I always have to get first press/limited edition too. (I'm materialistic : O)

Posters I never keep/buy and end up just selling them.

There's been a few shirts I bought to show off that I'm a fan : D 

I also love buying things like pens and stationary if they have.

DVDs are great but can be reaally expensive, so I usually buy them used.

I never understood checkis...

Towels I would buy but would be too afraid to use it and, thus, probably sell them.

*Ooo, I might buy pick sets if they look cool enough. So I can play guitar just like [insert band here]! [insert nerdy smile].

album/single

for obvious reasons

towel&shushu

...for lives mostly.

Some songs' dancing requires the use of a towel.

Also towels and shushus show who you are there for which can make your life easier with moving around (you can ask people to switch places with you--and it's obviously best to ask people who aren't there for the same band. You can tell by their merch..).

Towels are also great for saving your spot by setting it down on the ground. Most bands I only buy one towel for but a few I have multiple towels....

Some shushus are way overpriced and I won't buy it. I'm not desperate to have a stupid scrunchy.

cheki

this is what the bands make most of their money off of. It's a way to help them out and it's like a souvenir from the concert.

I don't buy used ones too often.

Interesting poll.

Same as Seimeisen, music only (CD single, album and DVD).
I used to own posters (giant posters of megamasso oh lord), CURE magazines with them on covers etc but I threw everything (like photobooks or trading cards too) in the bin. I'm not a teenager anymore to have multiple posters on my house, and the magazines, well, I don't read japanese. I'm not interested staring at the pictures or just to say 'I own this mag, I'm a trve'. I still have my 3 HEVN with L23q, I can't arrive to throw them lmao (so it's somewhere with some flyers... but someday everything will go to the trash, I don't have time for that).

I rarely bought merch when I was young (because expensive) even if I have one or two t-shirts (some bought on a merch table at a festival; I have one that I've bought on bundle, it arrived giant size + unwearable because of its deformity, thank you for the extra money lost !! Since that, bundle = NEVER AGAIN).

I'm not interested either (+, bands nowadays tend to sell only male t-shirts --like, it's too much to ask for a girly tank top ?? yea :// so, I don't buy). I don't follow the code when I go to concerts (wearing a band merch or something). I just don't care, It's not the clothes that defines you.

@anakuro, what's a shushus ?? O.o

It depends on the band, but I am pretty much interested in everything if it looks cool. I'm pickier about the design than what kind of merch it is. If I'm into throwing my money at them, then I want everything I can get. lol. Of course, the music comes first, but if I can grab more I will.

Usually just the music I'm interested in but if I like the musicians a lot, I'll look for posters too. Even have a couple I've managed to get ahold of. And I also like clothing but as JukaForever said, size can be a problem.

Albums, clothes and patches. Simple as that. I own lenty of pins and posters as well, but they're either been a part of the album or in a zine.

@anakuro, what's a shushus ?? O.o

I call it a scrunchy in English. You know the hair ties?
I often pull my hair back after a concert or between bands since it's a mess from headbanging so I use them then quite often

edit: sorry formatting got messed up on my phone

I love cheki from one band only. Same goes for all other things.

Cheki are simply fun to have. I only bought 3 2nd handed.

But in general I do not care for buying goodies. Only cd and sometimes dvd.

Albums (sometimes singles) and T-shirts is where it's at! 8)

If we're talking about buying online or in a physical store then I always go for albums, but whenever I go to a gig that's when I update my wardrobe, heh. :D (shame that sometimes the clothing is shamelessly overpriced)

Albums, mostly. Singles if I like the artist well enough (or that's their only release and disbanded). Photobooks or art books are also things I will get if I like the artist well enough and can afford it.

i mainly buy singles and albums. DVD's only of bands i really love cuz in most cases DVD's aren't that much worth to me cuz mostly i just watch them once and then never again...

some other merchandise i love to get would be photocards and i LOVE collecting cheki! but unfortunately I rarely get to pick some up cuz mostly it's like: "hm... I could buy 4 cheki or one CD..." then logically i always go for the music!^^

and lastly not really buying but i love to get bandflyers.