Seimeisen

[HELP] last.fm app suggestions? (for iPhone)

Not sure how many people here use iPhones, but...

I recently signed up for last.fm, I'm currently getting used to how things work with scrobbling and all. One thing I'm concerned about is scrobbling with my iPhone. I don't really like how the desktop last.fm app handles scrobbles from devices, it seems to double play counts (this BUGS the shit out of me) and will also timestamp repeated plays of the same song as the same time (therefore, I cannot tell which plays are duplicates, ugh).

I recently tried QuietScrob, which lets you un-scrobble songs, but it also takes play counts from my computer after synching (I'll listen to music on my laptop, the songs scrobble, I sync my phone, those same songs scrobble again after launching the app), so I might be ditching this one. I also have another app called Ecoute, which is a nice looking alternative to the generic iOS 8 music player.

I've been looking around the app store trying to find scrobblers (and music player apps with scrobbling), and I really don't have the time to download every single app, try every single app, delete them all, and ask iTunes to give me my money back for all of them, and so on, and so forth...

So here's where I could use some help, to all you iPhone and last.fm users:
Are there any scrobbler apps you use that you can recommend? Has anyone tried alternative music player apps with scrobbling built in, such as Ecoute or SmartPlayer?

Do any of you even use scrobbler apps? Do you just let the last.fm desktop client deal with everything and manually go through and delete duplicate scrobbles?

you should just be able to download the official last.fm app on Iphone and it'll scrobble what you listen to while you listen to it as long as you are connected to the internet... or at least that 's how it works on android, I'm assuming it's the same on Iphone.

im using Scrobblt..and it is not obligatory to listen to music with official app  or only when you have an inthernet  .. you are listening to music in your standart  player (not alternative) for some days for example , than open this app .. push "scrobble new songs" and you have all your songs in last fm))

Looking up Scrobblt...

you should just be able to download the official last.fm app on Iphone and it'll scrobble what you listen to while you listen to it as long as you are connected to the internet... or at least that 's how it works on android, I'm assuming it's the same on Iphone.

Does anyone know if the official app will scrobble in the background while I use a different music player app? The last.fm official app is hideous.

Does anyone know if the official app will scrobble in the background while I use a different music player app? The last.fm official app is hideous.

NO> official app is not scrobbling in background ... and it is not scrobbling when you are using different music player

I'm using Scrobl, and the app Scrobbles to check my stats.

How are you liking Scrobbl? Does it work well? It's actually made by the same people that made SmartPlayer, which I'm thinking of downloading (but it's $3, seems a little much).

How are you liking Scrobbl? Does it work well? It's actually made by the same people that made SmartPlayer, which I'm thinking of downloading (but it's $3, seems a little much).

it works very well, I'm using Ecoute too (but without activate the scrobbling). One thing tho: you cannot hear twice the same song in a row, because Scrobbl will only detect one listen (and the song must be heard in full; without that it's not counting). I didn't activate the "remove duplicate scrobbles", because it's not working very well and it messed up my stats, so when I want to hear again the same song, I scrobble first.

After your(s) songs listened, just open the app, wait for the detection and click on "scrobble". And you're done.  Sometimes it can also scrobbles by itself, without opening the app.

I was thinking to buy SmartPlayer too but according to people, it has struggle to work with iOS 8.++ so I don't have it yet (maybe it's functiunal now? I don't know. Oh, seems it's ok by now!).

^ Well... that sounds a bit complicated, but I may try that app out of nothing else I already have works.

Tomorrow on the drive to school, I might try out Ecoute's scrobbling, although I'm sure it won't scrobble anything when/if I drive through a dead zone (no cell reception/4G/LTE/etc.).

I also e-mailed the developer of QuietScrob about my issue with picking up play counts from my computer. He wrote back with a few options to manually deal with it. Also, the app doesn't seem to be automatically scrobbling in the background.

that's weird.. so the official last.fm app on Iphone doesn't work with media players other than the offical iphone itunes app? because on android the last.fm app supports a wide range of different media player apps...

last.fm don't give 2 shit about their shitty app (the latest update was 1 year ago, 18 jan '14 on iOS...no need to talk about the iOS6 design, which today is a SHAME). I mean, come on ! :/
If one day, a serious competitor create a similar and more advanced site/app, everyone will leave. Maybe they'll wake up...dunno.

I use CloudScrob for iPhone (iOS 7.1.2). It costs only a little, but has always worked perfectly for me. You just play your music for however long you desire (it doesn't matter if you are offline, it just caches everything you listen to like the Last.fm scrobbler), and then you can open the app and upon launch it will track all the songs listened on your Apple device, and scrobble them. No difficult settings, just simplicity. I use the 'confirm scrobbles' option, it's just there in case you want to manually delete entries from the shown list. It's also useful if you are afraid of losing connection while the data is loading — meaning you would lose your scrobbles.

I use CloudScrob for iPhone (iOS 7.1.2). It costs only a little, but has always worked perfectly for me. You just play your music for however long you desire (it doesn't matter if you are offline, it just caches everything you listen to like the Last.fm scrobbler), and then you can open the app and upon launch it will track all the songs listened on your Apple device, and scrobble them. No difficult settings, just simplicity. I use the 'confirm scrobbles' option, it's just there in case you want to manually delete entries from the shown list. It's also useful if you are afraid of losing connection while the data is loading — meaning you would lose your scrobbles.

I was really considering using CloudScrob, as I like the idea of confirming before scrobbling, but I've read around that it doesn't scrobble multiple plays of the same song (I think iOS 8 users are the ones having this problem). I know you're using iOS 7, but have you had this issue?

GENERAL UPDATE: I paid for the full version of QuietScrob, which works very well, but I cannot use it anymore due to my iPhone not recognising certain artist name changes. So, unless everyone could vote for these changes (D機関D機関, R指定R指定), I will have to let the last.fm desktop app handle all my scrobbles for me.

For iPhone users who are not having metadata-related issues, I personally recommend QuietScrob.

So far for me it has proposed no issues at all. Tracks scrobble multiple times, it just looks a bit wonky on your Last.fm profile as it doesn't really rely on a timestamp so it jams all of your scrobbles of one song in a row at your recently listened to list.