Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

術ノ穴 (subenoana)'s Best of 2014 (robin aoki, Fragment, 泉まくら, 禁断の多数決, and more)

I'm not sure how many people here are familiar with the indie label 術ノ穴 (subenoana), but they're pretty awesome and deal mostly in electronic music and hip-hop. Every year they get a few artists who are on the label or associated with the label to list some of their favorite music of the past year (whether it's albums or songs). This year's list include entries from robin aoki (青木ロビン - downy's vocalist), Fragment (they produced charisma.com's イイナヅケブルー and maybe some other stuff for them?), izumi makura (泉まくら - basically daoko's lesser known equivalent), producers Ogiyy and SUNNOVA, and members from indie bands 禁断の多数決 and 三回転とひとひねり.

http://subenoana.net/best2014

Pretty cool is you're into some of these artists and like to see what music they've been enjoying.

Really nice find. I'm particularly interested in robin aoki, Fragment, and SUNNOVA's picks, but I'll probably check out all of their lists eventually.

Edit: Listening to the first release on aoki's list and already falling in love.

Really nice find. I'm particularly interested in robin aoki, Fragment, and SUNNOVA's picks, but I'll probably check out all of their lists eventually.

Edit: Listening to the first release on aoki's list and already falling in love.

I'm glad you can appreciate it, man. And yeah, I need to look into some of these as well. From Aoki's list, Hundred Waters was a really good album, and D'Angelo's Black Messiah made my own personal list, so Robin's music taste is definitely noteworthy.

I'm actually really dissapointed about Robin Aokis choice, it's not like I didn't like the new D'Angelo but nothing really surprising here. ^^; Glad though that Fragment had a good choice and others as well. Still, no gekitetsu, no keimokujishou, no arukara, no tamtam and what's even more frustrating nobody listed Masterpeace as their favorite.

Here some of my favorites I gathered from those lists:

https://soundcloud.com/clarenceboddicker/sagksj9jp7nu

(can't find a more recent piece)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZgZtF009Rk

I'm actually really dissapointed about Robin Aokis choice, it's not like I didn't like the new D'Angelo but nothing really surprising here. ^^; Glad though that Fragment had a good choice and others as well. Still, no gekitetsu, no keimokujishou, no arukara, no tamtam and what's even more frustrating nobody listed Masterpeace as their favorite.

Here some of my favorites I gathered from those lists:

Kotoringo and 森は生きている both had really strong albums last year too, so I can see why those would have made some lists.

But I don't tend to look at these lists from a judgmental perspective (although I do appreciate when they're in line with my own tastes). I'm moreso just curious.

Sign in to follow this