Sign in to follow this  
Aferni

My BACTERIA HEAT IsLAND

Bj5hm30CIAEBz77-450x192.jpg

MY BACTERIA HEAT ISLAND was actually founded by Tenten back around 2008 before he even joined previous band, Chemical Pictures. When his original band, KurT, disbanded, Tenten wanted to create a new band using the name MY BACTERIA HEAT ISLAND, however, the band's name was changed to Chemical Pictures. Once Chemical Pictures disbanded, vocalist Tenten knew that his next band would definitely be MY BACTERIA HEAT ISLAND. Unlike the psychedelic, alternative rock sound that Chemical Pictures had, MY BACTERIA HEAT ISLAND has a much heavier feel to it . This is currently one of the best bands on the VK scene next to THE BLACK SWAN and D.I.D.

Band Members:

Vo.平一洋(taira kazuhiro) (ex-餞ハナむケ。(hanamuke)-->KuRt-->朱ィ。(仮)(benny-kari)-->ケミカルピクチャーズ(chemical pictures)-->kiss my way)

Gt.ダイ(die) (ex-HARVY DRIVE-->Sadier Abuse-->SKULL)

Gt.衍龍(kouryuu) (ex-ASYURA-->Keith-->DOPES.(YOH))

Ba.りょう(ryou) (ex-SKULL)

Dr.てつや(tetsuya) (ex-羅刹(rasetsu)-->SKULL-->kiss my way(support))

68220150221235928.jpg

One of the best VK bands out there. Possibly one of the only VK Djent bands too.

Did we not have a thread here yet? What is wrong with us?

I just had to make a thread, they are just too much.

I don't know but I was completely taken by surprise when this band formed. SKULL and KuRt were two of my very first VK bands, and the only two bands where I have consistently followed the members activities. The fact that most of SKULL is now working with Tenten, makes me extremely happy. Less work for me to do as they're in one spot now. ha. 

I'd still have to say, despite my nostalgia kicking in and shouting that I should favor this band... still CPS>MBHI

sorry not sorry. ;;

Chemical Pictures was alot better...

I really don't see what the fuss is about with these guys.

Glad it's not just me feeling this way. I was extremely disappointed when I heard MIMIC. I didn't want to say that in the review thread since everyone did such positive and happy posts/reviews. x'D The only song I happened to remember and love was the ballad one, at track four, if I remember correctly. Everything else was average.

I adore their style. Their looks is one of the best in VK, in my opinion. But I think many fans would agree. It's what got my eyes glued to them at least. And I guess that's a major thing in why they're so loved at the moment. 

Maybe I'm just a Tenten Stan but I am enjoying MBHI a lot. They are not as diverse as Chemical Pictures but still out there in terms of the heavy songs and acoustic melodies. I really hope this band stays around for a while. It was a shae when Chemical Pictures disbanded because they were pretty much perfect but this band sounds more like KuRt which was my one dream.. For them to reform. This band will do though.

Furik and Elazmus basically sum up my thoughts. I like MBHI because of the Kurt feel to them. I've always loved that band and still play their songs frequently. It's nice to hear that again but Iistening to MIMIC, I felt some hints of Chemical Pictures too especially with Haiiro no Mori. I will also say this, I personally didn't really like Chemical Pictures first mini too much (they butchered Praparat :( ) so I think this band will grow just like they did. I remember when they started releasing many singles and each single just got better and better so I can imagine this happening with MBHI too. I did enjoy MIMIC but aozora guillotine single is their best so far. 

And Tenten is just so awesome to me! His voice is distinct in the VK scene and it feels really raw to me like when Miyavi sings. Plus he's fun to watch in music videos and live (though I've only seen youtube videos of his performances). Also, I feel he always knows the right musicians to work with to bring out the best in the band. I've never had a time where I felt ...hmm...this vocalist's voice doesn't seem to fit well with the music.

Plus they follow me on twitter and Chemical Pictures never did so I have a bias XD lol 

Glad it's not just me feeling this way. I was extremely disappointed when I heard MIMIC. I didn't want to say that in the review thread since everyone did such positive and happy posts/reviews. x'D The only song I happened to remember and love was the ballad one, at track four, if I remember correctly. Everything else was average.

I adore their style. Their looks is one of the best in VK, in my opinion. But I think many fans would agree. It's what got my eyes glued to them at least. And I guess that's a major thing in why they're so loved at the moment. 

I feel the same way about MIMIC. It has a lot of potential, and with Tenten and most of the members of SKULL in the band there is the ability to put out more engaging, interesting music; so, I am not sure why the compositions feel so re-hashed.

I think MBHI fandom is centered a lot on Tenten. He has had a lot of emotional ups and downs with his bands and ultimately a love/hate relationship with music. He is really human-like (?), I guess. I think he and the fans see him as a Kurt Cobain or a John Lennon (two musicians which he seems to really admire).

At the end of Chemical Pictures career there seemed to be a lot of concern about Tenten. After reading his blog at the time and an interview about album the album like this, I got the impression that he was really stressed. He was too OCD about the whole music-making process and wanted to have more freedom (according to the interview, track 10 on "goodbye to my old avarice", 「悪天候異常気象な時代」 is an expression of the state of the band) . A parody band like kiss my way was probably his first outlet to experience less stress and more freedom. MBHI's "average" quality could also be related to this need for freedom. I don't know. I might just be speculating a little too much.

There was experimentation with MIMIC, a ballad and a track with a rap-rock tone (if I remember correctly). I think if the band hones the djent-style and turns it into something unique, more people can get into the music and not just the band. If they want to keep things simple, maybe making the compositions more DADAROMA-esque would help. Regardless, I am looking forward to see what they will do with a full-length album.

Any news about what the band members will be doing during the hiatus starting on 7/20?

Just noticed my previous post on this thread. Yikes...I really need to stop working multiple shifts with no sleep.

Idk but I guess that (ofc beside trying to recover from his neck problems) Tenten might focus more on KRY as designer

Nope no news unfortunately :[ Surely doing some writing still. (hoping)

They still have quite a few songs already written that need a release >_<

(I HATE SUNDAY, My Head Bursting Open Call A Doctor)

Sign in to follow this