Sign in to follow this  
TheBistroButcher666

Board Games (Settlers, Dominion, Power Grid etc)

Does anyone here play board games such as the ones listed in the title? I do a weekly board game night with some friends in the area, usually we'll have some beers and play Settlers, Dominion, Power Grid, Ticket to Ride and just recently played Puerto Rico.

Any favourites? Any recommendation my friends and I should look into?

i played chess, checkers, corners, scrabble, dominoes, stratego/games of the generals, risk, monopoly, game of life, othello, backgammon and trivial pursuit.

i recently discovered corners from the mobile game of mobileap.

the most played game of me alone is risk and game of life.

i played monopoly with my friends once but quite sometimes on mobile.

my dad and i played chess and corners almost every week or sometimes almost whole night in evening.

the hardest game i ever played i think is backgammon.

The Settlers of Catan and Monopoly are the only two I still play regularly. Chess is cool too but you can only play that with 2 players, and it requires way more thinking, a much longer time for each move. There's no bargaining or economy or anything like that either. So it's less fun, more competition.

I got 3 expansions for Settlers to create huge maps and tons of variations. Love it.

Chess sometimes, Checkers not that much, but I love playing Monopoly once in a while. I have the Pokemon edition looooool

Chess sometimes, Checkers not that much, but I love playing Monopoly once in a while. I have the Pokemon edition looooool

I had that too! Sold it some years ago though. It was fun but had to be replaced with the original.

"Hey let's play Monopoly?", "Yes, sounds great, go get the game!" and then return with the Pokemon edition. Imagine the faces.

I'm not sure if I should be embrasshed, but I loathe Monopoly! :x I don't know why, but it's one of the most annoying games I know. I mean, I've played it at least ten times, and I've won everytime, so I shouldn't have any readon to hate it(? :''D), but I still do.

Instead of it, I love Ubongo and Scrabble. But that's it. I love playing board games, but I still haven't found a game, which is my favourite. If jigsaw were a board game, it would be the only game I play. :D

Sign in to follow this