Sign in to follow this  
ramrod

Gays + Christianity

If it is perfectly natural for humans to be homosexual then why is it that homosexuals have such a hard time being accepted by non homosexuals ( not just the religious ones but also the non religious ones) Why is it that the human body isn't well equipped to handle homosexual intercourse? and why is it that humans are getting compared to other mammals? We are very different from other animals. how many other animals can do and have done what humans have? and it may be normal for some animal species to have homosexual behavior but there are also many that don't. So I don't really get the comparison.

Just because it's human nature to dislike things that are different, doesn't mean that it's unnatural or a choice. Plenty of people dislike others of a different race, but race isn't something that's chosen or unnatural. The lack of acceptance is from the fact that people are flawed and are naturally xenophobic: human.

And whose to say that the human body can't handle homosexual intercourse? My prostrate seems to respond to it just fine, tyvm. Sure, it's not as easy as vaginal intercourse, but it's no where near as implausible as you're implying it to be. Also, straight couples do have anal intercourse and there are heterosexual men who find prostrate stimulation to be pleasing.

Lastly, the point of saying "other animals do it too" is just to say that 10% of the human population isn't as strange as a lot of groups would like to believe. Saying "Yeah, well some don't!!!" doesn't disregard the value that example has. Some white people hate black people, but others don't, therefore racism shouldn't really be a big deal: just find enough people who don't care!

If it is perfectly natural for humans to be homosexual then why is it that homosexuals have such a hard time being accepted by non homosexuals ( not just the religious ones but also the non religious ones) Why is it that the human body isn't well equipped to handle homosexual intercourse?

It is because it is not follwoing current societal norms. Society dictates how they treat people. In olden greek tmes, homosexuality wasn't considered anything unnatural.

Just like people with disabilities, or women (in the old days), and even black people. Times change and perceptions change with increased awareness that those black/women/disabled individuals are just like everyone else (with racism etc, the opressor is unable to see depth in the lives of the opressed). Like Ito said. People fear what they do not understand.

With increased awareness and intelligence/education, less and less minorities are becoming vilified in the eyes of society.

On the topic of anal sex. It isnt well equipped to have anal? Really? I've never had issues.

edit: Bukimi...did you actually watch the documentary before making comment? that answers all your questions...

Men having sex with other men leads to greater health risks than men having sex with women19 not only because of promiscuity but also because of the nature of sex among men. A British researcher summarizes the danger as follows:

"Male homosexual behaviour is not simply either 'active' or 'passive,' since penile-anal, mouth-penile, and hand-anal sexual contact is usual for both partners, and mouth-anal contact is not infrequent. . . . Mouth-anal contact is the reason for the relatively high incidence of diseases caused by bowel pathogens in male homosexuals. Trauma may encourage the entry of micro-organisms and thus lead to primary syphilitic lesions occurring in the anogenital area. . . . In addition to sodomy, trauma may be caused by foreign bodies, including stimulators of various kinds, penile adornments, and prostheses."20

Although the specific activities addressed below may be practiced by heterosexuals at times, homosexual men engage in these activities to a far greater extent.21

back

a. Anal-genital

Anal intercourse is the sine qua non of sex for many gay men.22 Yet human physiology makes it clear that the body was not designed to accommodate this activity. The rectum is significantly different from the vagina with regard to suitability for penetration by a penis. The vagina has natural lubricants and is supported by a network of muscles. It is composed of a mucus membrane with a multi-layer stratified squamous epithelium that allows it to endure friction without damage and to resist the immunological actions caused by semen and sperm. In comparison, the anus is a delicate mechanism of small muscles that comprise an "exit-only" passage. With repeated trauma, friction and stretching, the sphincter loses its tone and its ability to maintain a tight seal. Consequently, anal intercourse leads to leakage of fecal material that can easily become chronic.

The potential for injury is exacerbated by the fact that the intestine has only a single layer of cells separating it from highly vascular tissue, that is, blood. Therefore, any organisms that are introduced into the rectum have a much easier time establishing a foothold for infection than they would in a vagina. The single layer tissue cannot withstand the friction associated with penile penetration, resulting in traumas that expose both participants to blood, organisms in feces, and a mixing of bodily fluids.

Furthermore, ejaculate has components that are immunosuppressive. In the course of ordinary reproductive physiology, this allows the sperm to evade the immune defenses of the female. Rectal insemination of rabbits has shown that sperm impaired the immune defenses of the recipient.23 Semen may have a similar impact on humans.24

The end result is that the fragility of the anus and rectum, along with the immunosuppressive effect of ejaculate, make anal-genital intercourse a most efficient manner of transmitting HIV and other infections. The list of diseases found with extraordinary frequency among male homosexual practitioners as a result of anal intercourse is alarming:

Anal Cancer

Chlamydia trachomatis

Cryptosporidium

Giardia lamblia

Herpes simplex virus

Human immunodeficiency virus

Human papilloma virus

Isospora belli

Microsporidia

Gonorrhea

Viral hepatitis types B & C

Syphilis25

that covers one part of your argument.

That is why lube was invented. Most sex we have these days is not for the purpose of breeding.

You have oral, fingering, and contraception. And most my straight friends prefer anal sex as opposed to vaginal. It's just now that it is no longer seen as taboo, people are now more comfortable doing it.

also, i have read studies that oppose this... stating that anal sex does not cause incontinence or damage to the anal canal. And irrespective of the kind of sex... if you have HPV and herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea...there is a high chance of contracting the infection. No matter the hole.

Why Gay people hard to be accepted with the society?

Because of the image that the society build for us.

That being different is not acceptable.

and that most Christians still holds faith to Old Testament than New.

If you like to argue about the Bible,

As Catholic myself, i am aware that all these anti-gay mob

often quoting Old Testament, esp the laws in Leviticus for their weapon on most picketing.

Seriously most Old Testament teaching are not relevant anymore for

modern living. And often barbaric.

SOME FACTS:

Genesis 38:9-10: "Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother's wife, he wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give offspring to his brother. But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the Lord; so He took his life also."

WE SHOULD BAN BIRTH CONTROL OR ELSE ABOMINATION! LOLOLO

Numbers 31:17-18 "Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

Pro Rape and Pedophilia, i see. IT IS NOT AN ABOMINATION! LOLOLO

Leviticus 11:7-8 "And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you."

BUMMER! Every Christians been gorging pork for far too long now, abomination? LOLOLO

Leviticus 11:10 "But whatever is in the seas and in the rivers that does not have fins and scales among all the teeming life of the water, and among all the living creatures that are in the water, they are detestable things to you."

Bye Lobster, Bye Crabs, Bye Shellfish, Bye Shrimp, Bye Caviar :( Abomination? LOLOLO

Leviticus 11:8 "You shall not eat of their flesh nor touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you."

quotes: In Europe, early footballs were made out of animal bladders, more specifically pig's bladders, which were inflated. Later leather coverings were introduced to allow the ball to keep their shape.

GIVEN THAT, SOCCER SHOULD BE BAN OR ELSE ABOMINATION! LOLOLO

Leviticus 17:12 "Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood."

But most people enjoy rare steak today, abomination? LOLOLO

Leviticus 19:27 "You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard."

OH NO! THE BEATLES IS BIGGEST ABOMINATION! LOLOLO

Leviticus 19:28 "You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord."

Like how many Christians with "JESUS SAVES" or a Cross tattoos and still claims to be a good Christian now? Abomination? LOLOLO

Leviticus 19:19 "You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together."

You need to check the tag on your shirt right now. Abomination? LOLOLO

For serious, :llama:

And most Christians forgot that the point New Testament is an era

that exist to fix all the problems created from the old one.

And you do not find any prejudice inside there, even Jesus protecting

people with leprosy and prostitutes that at that age considered unclean.

p.s: Most hetero loves/enjoyed anal sex too,

Oh yeah, they surely did.

so not it is not Gay's monopoly, bb.

We're just scapegoat than anything else, really.

But isn't the only point of living surviving? The urges to feed, sleep and breed.

Yes, those are basic human urges. Let me ask you this: "When you were born, did you know you were straight/gay?", "As you grew up around 2/3 years old, did you know you are straight/gay?"

People put you into what they think it is "true/natural" about life. In my psychology class we talked about boys playing with dolls and the answer is that dolls are much more sophisticated than your action figure, does that mean you are gay if you play with them when you are 2/3 years old? No, because you do not know about them, you consider them to be toys and that is all.

We do not pick whether we are straight or gay, but that is the way society turned out to be. Yes, we wanna breed and all and that is why we have straight people. But we did not know who to breed with, did we? Specially at the beginning of time. There many books of ancient history that in many civilizations it was a must to procreate with men. Nobody really knew, but when females came into the scene: "hey we get babies out of them". Plus the body does urge for "sex" not for breeding and sex can happen with either men or woman.

As many as there are straight people then as many as gays there are. It is a natural balance in the world....now that i mention that, you heard about how when one human dies 2 new babies are born. 2 babies=1grown person. 1 baby=1 baby born. That is kept in balance as well and another thing that is kept in balance is nature. You know how some parts of the world end up dying due to natural causes, well other parts of the world do end up blooming into something beautiful. But the ecosystems are being "controlled" by humans, which delays a lot of these things, for example: maintaining a park and not letting natural process settle in will only cause more places be deserts or wastelands instead of having a natural cycle of change. For that is : 1park=2 new deserts/wastelands

It is a cycle in nature that must be left alone. In my geography class, my professor discussed how things that are given by nature, nature also takes something in return of equal value. It is also mentioned in alchemy books.

If it is perfectly natural for humans to be homosexual then why is it that homosexuals have such a hard time being accepted by non homosexuals ( not just the religious ones but also the non religious ones) Why is it that the human body isn't well equipped to handle homosexual intercourse? and why is it that humans are getting compared to other mammals? We are very different from other animals. how many other animals can do and have done what humans have? and it may be normal for some animal species to have homosexual behavior but there are also many that don't. So I don't really get the comparison.

What THIS SAYS &:

If it is perfectly natural for humans to be homosexual then why is it that homosexuals have such a hard time being accepted by non homosexuals

Honestly, that argument holds no merit. Being black is perfectly natural, but it seems that white people had a problem with it for many many years...

Ito do not forget Jews,terrorists,asians,mexicans.......so on.....

@bukimi_heishi: Well, first thing: WE ARE MAMMALS. We are only different because of our thumbs are our brain is bigger than that of most mammals. Other than that we do the same things animals-mammals do. We eat, sleep,have kids, parents,breed,think and so on. Also read what i told Disposable.

@MOST PEOPLE WHO ARE ASKING WHY THIS AND THAT: I BELIEVE MOST OF YOU ARE ONLY LOOKING FOR CORNERS IN A CIRCLE. WHICH IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY IT HAS NO CORNERS.

@Everyone else answering people: I Agree with most of you.

Sign in to follow this