Sign in to follow this  
iSin-Sama

Dark Souls

Plan on it, but really not a priority right now considering I'm still in the middle of "Demon Souls" and the fact that "Arkham City" comes out in 3 days and I've got it payed off... so definitely no time for super difficult "Dark Souls" right now.

Maybe around Christmas time i'll get it. either way I heard some dope things about it, it seems the general consensus (at least among the dozen or so people I know that has it) is that it is super hard and it will take you forever just to get anywhere but once you finally break through the rewards end up outweighing the grind and repetitiveness, and then your hooked for life.

Recently got it, like you said its extremly hard but extremly fun! What class are you playing as?

I am currently playing as a pyromancer. I am not so far in the game, i just rang the first bell?

I'm a pyromancer too. I love to wield fire so it was my first choice, but I went through the tutorial as every other class and found I still preferred the pyromancer (bandit and hunter second and third). So many of the creatures that inhabit the world of Dark Souls are weak to fire it becomes IMMENSELY useful in the sewers and Blighttown.

Anyway, the game is definitely challenging but I'm not getting as many rage-inducing, throwing-my-controller-at-the-wall incidents as a lot of others are (except for stumbling into the lair of a boss having not saved for about an hour or so and subsequently losing a helluva lotta souls in there). For the most part I've felt most cheated and frustrated over dying when I've fallen off a cliff due to bad camera angles. Once you learn the patterns of the enemies, and try not to get surrounded by lots at once, the difficulty is significantly lessened. Bosses are still brutal, of course, but being a ranged attacker has its advantages. Definitely one of the least forgiving games on console, at least.

I actually wish bosses had a bit more HP though. I mean, they can deal an enormous amount of damage. Some can kill you in a hit or two. But it feels like if you manage to get a pouncing attack in, you're pretty much sorted because it takes off half of theirs too. And then it's only a matter of feeding it fireballs and slashing it with your sword a couple of times.

The game is beautiful though. Moonlight Butterfly was easily one of the most gorgeous bosses I've ever fought. Amaaaaaaaaaaaazing. I also love how shiny they made the loot. As an RPG enthusiast, I can't resist glowing goodies. Even if some is surrounded by giant, furious looking monsters, I'm gonna run in there and get it and pray to god I come out unscathed. If I don't-- well, I get to keep the gear, so whatever.

Small gripe. I wish the game gave you more direction. I fucking love open world games but not having a clue what I'm supposed to be doing and the story being so dull and vague I have no interest in it blows. It pretty much just dumps you in the middle of all this horror and then goes out "enjoy dying, peace out!"

But the rest is awesome. :oshi:

Recently got it, like you said its extremly hard but extremly fun! What class are you playing as?

I am currently playing as a pyromancer. I am not so far in the game, i just rang the first bell?

I'm playing as a thief, With the key that unlocks every door, Best way to do things. xD

Started with it last Saturday, and already about 10 hours in. Love the game. Never played the first one (though I always planned on doing so, but never found the time to do it xD). Niw Loving the game. Wanderer for me, first started as a pyromancer, but after 3 hours of playing somehow my savegame got deleted when I wanted to play it again... Now started with a Wanderer, and I'm currently at the Red Dragon thingy, not exactly there yet, first need to cross that shielded warthog or something...

almost 60 hours in. Currently in Anor Londo...this game is huge..

I agree with SUBLIMINAL about the loot, always when i see somehting glowing i run for it, dont care about the enemies that are in the way, just want my loot, then i can slay the monsers!

Sign in to follow this