Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

Creative Title: Zess Will Explode If He Can't Find New Music

LOL. Thanks for fixing that. xD It is what I should have said. It wasn't bad and it sounded alright but just... I feel like some snobby goth fag listening to it. xD It just exudes that atmosphere.

Hooray~! I wonder what next week's albums will be. 8D

Zess, I am so thoroughly pleased that you're listening to one of my favourite bands of all time. Tristania are wonderful.

Were wonderful, I guess.

Since I own and listen to that album constantly, there's no need for me to review it as if it were new to me but I want to try Amon Amarth, so I'll download and listen to that and mosey on over to the linked topic to suggest albums myself.

ETA: Oh, wait, no more definitive album suggestions? I'm so late/slow. :(

Metal isn't really my forte. Can never take it seriously. ;__;

Whoever takes metal seriously is doing it wrong, oh wait that's most metal fans :-(

The best part about metal is the cheese :D

I mean look at this.

vfyzgjnlt3t22tl.jpg

LOOK AT IT.

How can you take this genre seriously??

*edit*

I also love how you described gothic-metal pretentious, I think that whole sub-culture is pretentious *snort*

^ on the page one there is spoiler,click on it

and album of the week have the title on it in purple.

and i am looking forward to next albums :D

I've listened to the Amon Amarth album enough now I think. A lot of what I said earlier still stands but the album has grown on me more over time. Prediction of Warfare and Asator are my two favorite tracks from the album but there aren't any weak tracks. It's really hard to have a weak track when the band has such a defined signature sound but it doesn't get repetitive. The vocals could be a little more varied but as it is I can live with it.

I'd also give this album an 8 but I think that the more I listen to it the higher that rating will go.

^ on the page one there is spoiler,click on it

and album of the week have the title on it in purple.

and i am looking forward to next albums :D

I got that far dear <3

But I mean, how do they get picked?

Since it's not like, the first 2 albums, or the first and the last...

Updated the list again! New albums time!

Also, all I do is randomly pick two albums out of the list. There's no use in even asking what I'll pick until about five minutes before I sit down and do it. It's usually whatever I'm in the mood for at that moment ;)

Music For The Jilted Generation - The Prodigy , I have listen that album a long time go but Not remember it

That other one is new for me

I started listening to the bossa nova album a few minutes ago. Bossa nova must be a musical style that I need to be in the mood for. I like what I hear but it's not "clicking". Astrud Gilberto has a great voice though!

herro...

sorry i'm sorta late and didn't have the time to listen to the albums more than maybe two or three times since i had a really packed week, so i'll just make this really quick (in the shedding light of two already new chosen albums...)

amon amarth:

fun to listen to once in a while, when you have the urge to stand on the top of a mountain

with the longest of guitars and the loudest of amplifier-fullstacks to rock out/whipping your hair back and forth,

but after one or two tracks you have heard all that is to expect more or less. will stay on the ipod for these special mountaintop-moments...

tristania:

i actually like the cheesyness a lot, also those dark-ish intros and soundscapes in the quiter parts sound cool and interesting,

but as for the actual songs behind that they seem a little bit repetitive and predictable to me

(maybe after a few spins more i hear some more detail, who knows)

looking foreward to the next two. like most have listened to the prodigy ages ago and have never heard of the other one.

maybe i'll become a hardcor-bossanova-enthusiast, so far i've only expected this kind of music in... elevators?

will stay on the ipod for these special mountaintop-moments...

This made me me lol a lot. :lol:

Anyway, I will also try the new albums of the week. I'm fairly sire I heard the Progidy one but it was a long time ago.

And I know exactly one Astrud Gilberto song, though I'm not sure if it's from that album, so I don't really know what to expect there.

Well Astrud music is typical Bossa Nova standards.

Loungy, cozy, a little bit retro, atmospheric, it is nice.

And always have me the mood of drinking my favourite Vanilla Latte in venti size on Happy Hour

after work in one Starbucks cafe as i looked out the window.

Looking at passer by or just simply let my mind flies.

Heavenly.

Sorry, but it's true, they playing alot of Bossa Nova music in their stores.

So i really love it, Starbucks + Bossa Nova = Perfection.

Anyway, the album is good. I really enjoyed it.

Her vocal is nice, dreamy, sultry. Nice.

And not really too hard to get into, maybe because

i am not new with Bossa Nova or maybe it is just the simplicity of the album.

I would wish the duration could get a little longer though xD

CONCLUSIONS:

Is she representative for the particular genre, yes.

She's called the queen of bossa for reasons.

I will not say much about The Prodigy, since i am the one who reccomended it.

They're just great.

And that album is 1 of 2 favourites by them

The other one being The Fat Of The Land.

When they were really good and the peak of their musical creativity to my taste.

If not because this album, they might still be die trying now.And there may not be The Fat Of The Land.

And hope many of you guys enjoying it too :D

I listened to the Astrud Gilberto album a couple of times now, it was nice!

Honestly I didn't know what to expect - I hardly have any notion of bossa nova, save for a few stylistic nods in some Malice Mizer songs, lol. But I kinda imagined the music to be something like this. It has a nice light floaty feeling. Her voice adds to this quality, the whole music sounds smooth and just plain comfy. When the first song began it felt like something even David Lynch would put into one of his movies. That set the mood nicely for me. :) I like that the album is short - while I enjoyed the music, I think this is the exact amount that I can listen to, without feeling disinterested.

All in all, it was a very pleasant listening experience. Will spin this album in the future too. :)

I think I'll review The Prodigy tomorrow, when I refreshed my experience with their album.

I'm listening to The Prodigy now. The intro was weak and at first I didn't feel like this would make any impression on me. Then somewhere halfway into track 2 I started liking it. Go figure that it'd grow fast on me :)

As for Astrud Gilberto, I really do like the album! I don't have the whole album so if someone would send that to me that'd be great! I only managed to find the album up until track 9. I may not have listened to "the whole album" but it's enough to be able to tell that I like what I hear. I don't know when I'll be in the mood to track down more bossa nova but now I know that it's a musical style that I can enjoy when I need to chill and relax. I'd give it an 8 out of 10 easily.

Listening to The Prodigy album now.

Ever since I was a kid/young teenager they have fascinated me with their strange videos on MTV, yet I never really listened to any of their stuff for a long long time, since my interest was strongly in metal/rock/punk in my teens. Then a few years ago I listened to their albums, now with a musically more open mind (which was triggered by visual kei/J-rock but I'm getting kinda off-topic here xD), and concluded that they're pretty good. However by now I forgot most of how this album sounded, so I decided to have a re-listen.

I remembered this record as one of their trademark '90s albums, along with The Fat of the Land. I'm not really into electronic music, I'm very picky in that area, so this album is kinda shaky territory for me: there are parts that I love, and parts that make me feel bored. I've always been a "music with vocals, and not purely instrumental"-guy, so that's another hindrance. I expected the record to begin more excitedly, or I don't know. It isn't really that strong/effective how I remembered The Prodigy (now that I think back, I only remember liking The Fat of the Land and Invaders Must Die albums). Thankfully with Voodoo People things begin to get more interesting towards the middle of the album. However, the whole thing feels a bit dated or uninteresing to me. I think the song lengths have to do with this greatly too: I mean, the album is like almost 80 minutes long. xD I felt like skipping every 4 minutes.

So in conclusion, the album has some good moments in lots of songs (highlights: Voodoo People, No Good), but had me urging to skip very often. I guess this style of music isn't really for me, or I really have to find a special mood for it - there are some Prodigy stuff that I really love too, after all...then again, those albums have lots of vocals too. All in all, Music for the Jilted Generation had some nice bits but I think I'll just stick to The Fat of the Land and Invaders Must Die.

I also just finished up The Prodigy on my iPod. All in all, I found it to be an enjoyable listen. My feelings echo that of Jigsaw's a lot, as in my formative years were rooted deeply in rock and metal. However, I was never exposed to The Prodigy on MTV so this was my very, very first time listening to them. The intro was terrible (it was an intro though, what can you expect haha) but subsequent tracks all had something to offer. Some of them went on for a little too long and got repetitive toward the end but there was no one "bad" track that I just couldn't stand listening to. However, the album was very long.

I don't think that I'll pursue electronic music with the same passion that I do with my rock and metulz, but there was enough here to make me think that I could enjoy it within certain contexts. Great recommendation!

Sign in to follow this