Yurameki

MERRY (f.k.a メリー)

2018.9.9(日)Zepp DiverCity ライカ・ザ・ライブ【PREMIUM~in Zepp DiverCity~】

[CAST]

Plastic Tree(GUEST) / Bräymen / MERRY / vistlip / NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST / Develop One's Faculties

http://la-edison.com/news/?p=2059

this LINEUP tho

bitch i am SHOOKETH

So does anyone have any insight on the politics of Merry/Gara (assuming he writes all the lyrics)? I haven't followed them in awhile, but the nationalist and vaguely anti-imperialist lyrics in Japanese Modernist are interesting to me. Political lyrics seem somewhat unusual for VK.

5 hours ago, StriderSubzero said:

So does anyone have any insight on the politics of Merry/Gara (assuming he writes all the lyrics)? I haven't followed them in awhile, but the nationalist and vaguely anti-imperialist lyrics in Japanese Modernist are interesting to me. Political lyrics seem somewhat unusual for VK.

I second that. I believe "Happy Life" and this one song named after an underground line in Tokyo were also quite socio-critical

I think I read somewhere that Gara's favorite subject in school was Japanese history so maybe that accounts for the political/deep lyrics he writes? I like how much of the lyrics are wrapped in Japanese history and/or social issues. I'm always quite impressed with the lyrics he writes.

1 hour ago, MissConduct said:

I second that. I believe "Happy Life" and this one song named after an underground line in Tokyo were also quite socio-critical

Yeah, Chiyudasen Democracy had some political undertones to it. Here's a in depth analysis my friend did about it. She also went ahead and added subs to the PV.

You can also check out English lyric translations over at the same tumblr I linked. ^^ Lots of political & Showa-era lyrics and symbolism 😮

14 hours ago, Ro plz said:

Was their latest album ever discussed here?

I remember snoozing through a lot of it.....

it got like exactly two days of attention or something before people got tired of it, tbh i've played it like 3 or 4 times tops front to back in its entirety and it's just simply not a super amazing album. i do think the way some of the songs transition into the next tracks was pretty well done and i'd like to see 'em try that some more, it at least gave a feeling of the whole thing being a little more than just a handful of selected tracks thrown together (which is kind of how the previous 2 ones felt to me, even though i quite liked most of the songs on those anyway)

It's my least favorite album by them by far, and I haven't listened to it at all that much recently. I did like a couple of songs, including the singles tracks, but the rest didn't really stick out for me.

god i wish they'd stop trying to go for the 'epic anthemic chorus' thing so often nowadays.. The intro and that section around 1:50 in sheeple are both great tho

anyone recorded Merry's interview on nico yet? if not, i'd give it a shot this weekend before it expires, but last time I recorded a nico broadcast, the audio/video sync lagged halfway thru (17 min of footage btw) and that really pissed me off :))))

One of the preorder bonuses for the mini was a M-card for "market sheeple", if it was purchased in other shops other than Tower Records, HMV, etc. (since these stores have their own special M-cards). It contained a password to see Merry's livestream of their rehearsal for the D'erlanger event.

https://twitcasting.tv/merry_official/movie/539497333

So Nero tweeted out a video of him being checked by cops for literally no reason, which is what he says he experiences often (I presume it's because of his tattoos? still fucked up tho). He says there was a band meeting with their label president and he was late because of this, but they didn't believe him. Also, some so-called fans are wanting him to take down the video because that's just how things are - they can go fuck themselves.

I could sign up for premium (again) but my computer doesn't like me recording shit anymore...pwetty pwease somebody????

5 hours ago, suji said:

I could sign up for premium (again) but my computer doesn't like me recording shit anymore...pwetty pwease somebody????

colorful人生's method here:

works like a charm, from how the recent cali gari live stream he/she assisted in turned out.

But I still have yet to figure out how to make it work zzzzzzzzzzzz

Couldn't get the download to work, but guess what, I have a screen recording! If anyone wants to help me record it properly from nico, that will be so appreciated. If not, I'll put the screen recording up tomorrow.

Edit: MERRY ONE MAN TOUR 2019 - For Japanese Sheeple - 

There were a couple of hiccups with the stream, but hopefully small enough that they won't distract from the experience.

Edited by crossparallel

MERRY has renewed their Youtube channel to include more content such as acoustic lives and other ways to connect with their fans!

Here's a shortened subbed version, which highlights the important parts (I highly recommend following this account if you want exclusive scoops of Merry content in English!!) :

Spoiler

Here's their first acoustic live video, the acoustic version of "Bara to katasumi no blues" from just a couple of days ago~

What's the deal with that 謎のカセットテープ cassette release? It seems to just be 5 different versions of 不均衡キネマ