Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Final-Fantasy-13-2-Logo.jpg

fPPuHHfUwOc

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is the direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII, a part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series. It takes place three years after the events of Final Fantasy XIII, and depicts the story of Serah's journey across time and space to prevent the end of the world while searching for her missing sister, Lightning. Square Enix has announced that FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 will hit North American shores on January 31, 2012.

Although Final Fantasy XIII-2 retains the Command Synergy Battle and Paradigm Shift systems from its predecessor, the battle system are evolved from Final Fantasy XIII.[1]. One new gameplay element called the Mog Clock has been added, where the player must attack monsters on the field before the time's up to get the upper hand in the ensuing battle. When the player attacks a monster, the screen lights up and the scene switches to a battlefield, marking the start of a battle. NPCs (such as the remnant PSICOM operatives) will react to the monsters that appear in the field and weaken them before a fight. Another new feature is the Paradigm Tune, which enables the player to customize how the AI-controlled party members use their abilities in battle. Though the player still controls one out of a three-member party, they will be able to initiate the Change Leader option to switch the party member they control during battle, and now the defeat of the human characters result in a game over.

Characters will grow via a revamped Crystarium System, and they will have levels unlike the previous game. These levels are gained by moving through the Crystarium. Each character's Crystarium is no longer in the form of tiers, but now takes the shape of their respective weapon, and now includes all possible Paradigm Roles on a singular Crystarium, similar to the Sphere Grid from Final Fantasy X. As a player advances through the Crystarium, they may choose which Paradigm Role to level up and gain bonus stat increases alongside level increases. Characters will also learn different attacks at certain levels throughout their Paradigm Role growth. Unlike XIII, there is no cap on how much a character may grow in the Crystarium at any given time. The weather or Climate Type in an area will affect battles, and at times, uncontrollable guest characters will join the party. It has also been confirmed that Summoned Monsters will return, but that these will not be in the same form as those in the original game, as the characters are no longer l'Cie.

Anyone a fan of Final Fantasy XIII? It was the first Final Fantasy game I played and I loved it. I thought it was a great RPG. I liked the Crystarium System for leveling up and the graphics were just wow. They were some of the best I had seen and some of the scenery was just breath taking. XIII-2 is one of the new games of the upcoming year that I’m really looking forward to play.

I'm playing through 13 right now. I'm nearing the end of chapter 11 and plan on finishing up the 64 c'ieth stone missions once my beloved Vanille learns how to cast Death. Excited for this game because I'm loving 13. I believe that this one is my 2nd favorite FF game, second to 9, and before 10-2, Dirge of Cerberus, and 10. I've played 7 and 8 as well, but I rented them so I didn't get far at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading that one of the new Final Fantasy games had a Kingdom Heart's styled battle system? Was that 13-2 or is it 14?

I'm playing through 13 right now. I'm nearing the end of chapter 11 and plan on finishing up the 64 c'ieth stone missions once my beloved Vanille learns how to cast Death. Excited for this game because I'm loving 13. I believe that this one is my 2nd favorite FF game, second to 9, and before 10-2, Dirge of Cerberus, and 10. I've played 7 and 8 as well, but I rented them so I didn't get far at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading that one of the new Final Fantasy games had a Kingdom Heart's styled battle system? Was that 13-2 or is it 14?

It's Final Fantasy Versus 13 that has the same battle system :)

I really hope that Final Fantasy XIII-2 will not be too linear like Final Fantasy XIII. Square Enix announced that the game will be less linear with time travel and (maybe?) multuple endng... Hope it's true... The only thing I'm exciting over is the monster capture system !

XIII-2 will, but versus XIII is PS3 only and since it has the Kingdom Hearts battle system I need this game so badly

XIII-2 will, but versus XIII is PS3 only and since it has the Kingdom Hearts battle system I need this game so badly

Versus is looking so good it's not even normal anymore.... I need this in my life! haha...

Didnt like FFXIII myself, way too linear, story was bad,

plus i also hated the whole cast which is a first for a FF game for me.

Now on the other hand versus looks freaking awesome, wish it would hurry up.

Didnt like FFXIII myself, way too linear, story was bad,

plus i also hated the whole cast which is a first for a FF game for me.

Now on the other hand versus looks freaking awesome, wish it would hurry up.

Well the game was somewhat linear, but I never thought it was "too" linear. I liked the story at the start. I thought it was interesting, but towards the end it did lose some of its steam and was just meh. The characters were great IMO. I liked all of them and they were backed by some great voice acting.

The new game is suppose to address the linear and story issues among other things. It's suppose to be superior to the last game, but I guess we'll see. It was already released in Japan and got near perfect scores in reviews. But I can't help but think there's some bias when it comes to FF games.

Also checked out Versus and that looks great as well. Kinda sucks it's only being released on the PS3. I only have a 360.

Versus is looking so good it's not even normal anymore.... I need this in my life! haha...

I need and want a release date for Versus.

I enjoyed 13 mainly for the battle system which is really engaging. Story was ok and the characters weren't that likable but I can easily overlook that as long as the gameplay is good. This probably ranks 3rd on my list out of the FF games I played. I'm definitely excited for 13-2 but no way in hell gonna pay $60 for it. Maybe when it goes under $40.

I enjoyed the demo that's on PSN

pretty awesome graphics and combat style

but everything turned to nothing after I gave Asura's Wrath's demo a try lol

I enjoyed the demo that's on PSN

pretty awesome graphics and combat style

but everything turned to nothing after I gave Asura's Wrath's demo a try lol

I agree, the demo is great and I can't wait.

With the Asura demo all I could do is stare at my t.v when it was over like; "What the hell did I just play?" :DUUR:

With the Asura demo all I could do is stare at my t.v when it was over like; "What the hell did I just play?" :DUUR:

that's exactly what happened to me o_O

also I couldn't close my mouth for a few minutes after that demo ended

and I was like: "......................................................what... what the... I don't even... HOLY SHIT!! THIS WAS AWESOME AS FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" xD

Graphics look good. Battlesystem has been improved. Players get a bit more freedom and time for exploration earlier on in the game.

So far, so good.

But the dialogues are so extremely cheesy and downright BAD that I'm just skipping through them all rather quickly. Maybe read a few lines... but I just don't give a fuck. The plot itself has some nice elements but the way it's brought is really weak. One-liners that don't impress and cliche lines all over. If this was a movie script it would have been even worse than Avatar.

And the characters... I remember some Final Fantasy games which had a variety of personalities. There was the arrogant bitch. The wise old guy. The reckless young guy. The sweet girl. The -I don't give a fuck about anything because I'm a boss- guy. Etcetera.

However, in XIII-2 there's only ONE: the extremely insecure ignorant rookie. All of them act the same and all characters lack charisma and willpower. None are even remotely interesting. Boring cast.

I have mixed feelings about this game. Gameplay-wise it's quite enjoyable, but the plot is brought to us like a bad teenage movie... starring insecure teenagers. What were they thinking?

Yesssss I love terribad / trite dialogues. I'll get this game probably towards the summer when everyone hates it and GameStop resells it for $15 and shall enjoy it then. How has the battle system changed? I read that they added a timer and the skills upgrade slightly differently. Tbh, so long as I get to run around as Sera, I'll be perfectly happy just as I did in the first game with Vanille ~*~frolicking ex-game design major~*~

I wouldn't count too much on it. As long as FF Versus XIII isn't finished yet (and that one is for PS3) they won't release it just yet.

Actually, now that I started playing, I'm really liking this game. Of course it's cheesy and you roll your eyes at some wtf-is-happening moments, but overall I like it.

And for a strange reason I've started to like Noel (and his random remarks), who I thought I'd hate before I'd started the game.

Still waiting for Versus though. Nothing will get me from thinking about that already epic looking game.

One of the monsters in this game is called 'Deathgaze'. It looks fierce but it sucks. Coincidence? (;

Anyway, I'm completely done with this game. It's way too easy, too cheesy and the only reason someone could spend over 30 hours on this is when you want to get some of those "secret endings". But they're not worth your time either. There's nothing even remotely challenging or fun about those little assignments you need to do for those endings. Except a few little puzzles... but like everything else: too easy and therefore only take a few minutes.

The Sazh DLC is extremely bad too, I feel bad for anyone who bought it... even though it's only €4, because it's not worth a penny.

Hopefully they'll redeem themselves with the Versus game. Or the X remake/remaster or whatever that's going to be.

I'm still waiting for my copy :/ I thought it would be here today...and it's still not here.

Sign in to follow this