Sign in to follow this  
ginHigure

Best of kpop 2011

Soooooo many comebacks and debuts. We all know the obsession of certain songs and the eye-candy everywhere. The bashing, trolls, haters and even deaths among the industry.

Above all, the end and the beginning of a new year approaching. The way kpop has flooded soo many countries.

Just discuss your opinons of best album, song, dance, mv, single, mini-album, solo's....so much more.

We all know we have biased groups and singer, but let's leave that behind and share our thoughts.

For solos here's a few...dont want to flood with vids ^____________________^

태하 - TaeHa

A1qT4xIH6ys

All of M.I.B's solos, here's one from Cream

KKpRPG9KlOo&ob=av2n

김지수 - Kim Ji Soo

KuAdZwjAfzE

대니얼스타 - Daniel Star

iECt3Pux92U

kim hyun joong

hShOR9B85lY

Among the waves of girl groups debuting this year, only few caught my eye.

Chocolat

pChZMeGBEwk

I honestly hated this group, but with recent comeback-im obsessed with this great,catchy and well put together song.

The best potential out of the groups: C-real

UVeTI4v24M0

And the most sluttiest: Rania

N7K7edVTafA&ob=av2e

and Brave girls

AygKziSsA4s

On the male side

In my opinion the best male group/trio of 2011

AZIATIX

B2PyVrlUM5E

Uq9s2O5DkKU

Phantom

B1A4

zlruBjfjLtc

Block B

mbd0__eS_uc

I will update more next time with more....what are your opinions?

For me, in terms of new groups, Block B totally owned this year with their debut mini. Such catchy stuff! I like their hip-hop edge, but I'm kinda afraid that they will inevitably fall into generic bland fluffy-ballady swampiness. Still, gotta enjoy 'em while they're still good! xD

My other favorite release has to be miss A's album: eventhough not much of it is actually new stuff, I'm happy that it has all their great songs, plus some more. I'm gonna buy it eventually, it's a great record. They're getting better and better with each release, I like this tendency. ^^

I have mixed feelings about 2NE1's mini album (lovin' one half, don't care about the other), but anyway they've become my fave girl group so I'm almost at a point where I can't say anything bad about them (maybe I've watched too much 2NE1TV, lol). I'm really really looking forward to their first live DVD, I bet it's gonna rock! Actually, it comes out tomorrow.

edit: oh and I forgot: my two most favorite songs this year were Big Bang's Tonight and Crispi Crunch's Thumbs Up. Great party stuff! (sadly their other songs were pretty mediocre IMO)

For best new group I'd definitely vote for Block B, much like Jigsaw here. Catchy, and not your typical "kpop" either. I refuse to have them labeled as an idol group as well just simply because they aren't. Much alike that new upcoming one B.A.P (Yongguk/Himchan/Zelo). Phantom also sounded really good, but again, they're not as much idol or kpop anyway.

I haven't really been impressed with many releases this year apart from Infinite's release spam (these kids are going to drop dead one day). I really loved BTD, and even after a year I'm still addicted. I guess that for me, they overall did the best through the whole year as well as that they seemed to be the only group to put out consistent releases.

Apart from that I'm really anticipating Yongguk's group to debut soon. His collaborations with Secret's Jieun and Beast's Yoseob were incredible. :shock:

Can't say I like any of the girl rookies of this year. They all just sound and look the same as the others. Nothing's original anymore :s Though I don't like A Pink, I am amazed by their success. They found their niche and I'm pretty such that Cube and A Cube will turn out to be even more awesome than they already are.

I've been burying myself with indie korean rock releases for the most part in the past year anyway, and most kpop didn't actually sound that great. I even have to admit that most of my favorite groups disappointed me with their releases :s

I'm all up for this new trend of groupmembers (co-)writing their own things though. Block B, Yongguk, even B1A4 took part in composing! I admire that extra work they put in, rather than just come on stage and do whatever their company tells them to.

I would say my favourite releases this year have been Sixth Sense by Brown Eyed Girls, Midnight Circus and Prayer by Sunny Hill and Roly Poly by T-ara apart from the insane amount of remixes that I didn't even bother with.

2NE1's mini album was okay, but I kind of didn't like how every song was a single so by the time the thing came out you had heard all the songs. Especially the earlier singles like I am the Best and Lonely. Wonderworld I thought was a decent release, but some of it was boring.

I was disappointed with Tablo's solo album. It was kind of boring and Tomorrow annoyed me a lot. I didn't even try the whole The Boys album by SNSD as the title track/single was terrible and usually I only like the singles.

Forgot to add that I absolutely don't see the big and overwhelming fabulousness of Hyuna's solo. Bubbly Pop is one of the worst songs I every heard :s I don't get the hype at all. I'd rather have Trouble Maker then. Or Hyuna's first song.

Forgot to add that I absolutely don't see the big and overwhelming fabulousness of Hyuna's solo. Bubbly Pop is one of the worst songs I every heard :s I don't get the hype at all. I'd rather have Trouble Maker then.

My opinion as well (checked out that Trouble Maker vid, the song's quite alright). Just can't see why it was picked up globally either. It's not a bad song but listening to it more than twice can put me in an irritated mood, lol. Oh well, different strokes for different folks. :)

bw9CALKOvAI

Ewwwww no I hated this with a passion when it was released.

I'm not giving my entire list but I will list the winner: MBLAQ - BLAQSTYLE album.

Hands down the best K-POP album of the entire year.

Album: MBLAQ- BLAQ STYLE, BLOCK B

Singles: SUJU- MR. SIMPLE, Rumble Fish - I Love You, I Love You (사랑해요 사랑해요)

MINI: 2NE1

Back with....COMEBACKS

2NE1

B2ST

Brown Eyed Girls

T-ara

Jang wook hyuk

J.Lee

Ali

Sistar

Secret

Big bang

Super Junior

Son Ho Young

Seo In Young

Jay Park

Baek ji young

U-kiss

Sunny Hill

Shinee

4men

Oneway

Eru

Tablo

Mblaq.....many more...these are just the most famous i enjoyed, No need for vids.

Underated artists includes every genre.

Baby Soul - 베이비소울

dTledrWQseY

Eye to Eye

brOKZKHTj94&ob=av2e

Amazing r&b/soul trio. Female 4men

Urban Zakapa

ZGReh7eNTUU&ob=av3n

긱스 - Geeks

H_7SC_wV8ns

talented duo

노리플라이 - no reply

7-4C8aBvpmo

나비 - Navi

jQ1k7kH45Jw

One of my fav solo artists.

어반 코너 - Urban Corner

BNZ8KGIXAmM

Omg, great sounds.

케인 - Kein

EHBrnmATYxQ

Great debuting r&b/jazz/soul solo artist

These are ones on top of my head. Updating next with albums and singles.

For best 2011 albums, i'll have to say Brown Eyed Girls'- "Sixth Sense" and B2ST's - "Fiction and Fact" & Tablo's "Fever's End" have to win.

Worst 2011 albums: Girls' Generation - "The Boys" (though I really like their title track)

For best 2011 mini albums T-ara's - "Black Eyes" all the way and Hyuna's "Bubble Pop"

Worst 2011 albums: 2NE1 (basically because it was half meh half badass like Jigsaw said) and all of Boyfriend's mini albums/singles.

Best 2011 song: I'm divided, I want to say: T-ara's "Roly Poly" & "Cry Cry," B2ST's "Fiction" and "On Rainy Days" and 2NE1's "I Am The Best" and Brown eyed Girls' "Sixth Sense" and Trouble Maker's "Trouble Maker" and Orange Caramel's "Shanghai Romance"

Worst 2011 song: IU's "You and I" it's pretty much Good Day pt. 2.

Best 2011 Rookie: M.I.B, Block B, B1A4, and Bang Yong Guk by far, along with A Pink, Rania, Brave Girls and probably C-Real.

Worst 2011 Rookie: Boyfriend, several other girl groups and boy groups that no1curr.

Best 2011 "indie" artist: I have to say Jang Ki Ha and the Faces.

Best 2011 MV: T-ara's "Cry Cry" drama MV, along with BEG "Sixth Sense" and "Cleansing Cream."

Honorable mention: Infinite have done a great job this whole year. Hopefully they won't fall into being another generic "cute" boy band. Plus all the good rookie groups I mentioned above.

BTW I really want 4minute to step it up a little more. "Mirror Mirror" and "Heart to Heart" were okay but they are capable of doing much better.

^like your opinion on best and worse.

Okay, albums:

Brown Eyed Girls - Sixth Sense

10cm - 1.0

B2ST - Fiction And Fact

Mblaq - BLAQ Style

Miss $ - Miss Terious

U-KISS - NEVERLAND

Urban Zakapa - <01>

Navi - 나비 - HELLO

Barbara - 바바라 - Neo Beat Generation

Baek ji young - 백지영 - Pitta

Super Junior - Mr. Simple (i used to hate them)

Secret - Moving In Secret

Sistar - SO COOL

4men - The Artist

Ali - 알리 - SOUL-RI: 영혼이 있는 마을

Yoonhan - 윤한 - Untouched (Limited Edition)

--------Underrated singles/mini-albums----------

Dream Girls - 드림걸스 - THE CLUB (Feat. CLUB 태사비애)

1iM72mtLXQY

All That & Paloalto-Cinderella

7TcjUQRvd7U

Nikita - 니키타 - 딥키스 (Feat. Little S)

YeUDDaTLy7k

Junggigo - 정기고 - BLIND

49GBvj2aSKk

EI - 이아이 - 기억해

k2YVpGlcaRU

Gavy NJ - 라떼한잔 (feat. 길미)

2AJjewxC-Fg

Just top of my head. There's obviously a lot more.

That is all on my behalf.

Adding the Tick Tack Japanese single by U-KISS. This is the best Japanese release by a Korean artist of 2011, this single is brilliant!

Adding the Tick Tack Japanese single by U-KISS. This is the best Japanese release by a Korean artist of 2011, this single is brilliant!

^

Pretty much one of the best Kpop goes Jpop debuts ever imo...

^

Pretty much one of the best Kpop goes Jpop debuts ever imo...

this.

well best artist this year is block b, but my favourite song is probably Paradise (infinite).

and im addicted to this song atm.

Sign in to follow this