zombie8mylunch

deadman

14 minutes ago, plastic_rainbow said:

hmmm, here's my interpretation. but don't expect me to be entirely correct.

"Screams

Vortex of cry

I want to sing a song

that can’t be expressed in words

Still,

I am a corpse

that longs for people"

@emmny that's really interesting about the word "shikabane"! i feel like japanese can be so deep and poetic with their usage of words.

Yeah, this sounds better! I wanted the corpse to go at the end, because he was definitely talking about himself. The way he usually ends his tweets with "Mako", this one he ended with "shikabane". But i just couldn't change the sentence in a proper way xD Thanks!

4 minutes ago, plastic_rainbow said:

i haven't really looked through much of deadman's lyrics yet... >.< but i really love it when lyricists use wordplay! it gives the song so much meaning, though it can be a struggle for translators at times, haha.

my deadman (and mako) obsession began when i read the lyric translations...don't do it !!! you'll never escape

4 minutes ago, emmny said:

my deadman (and mako) obsession began when i read the lyric translations...don't do it !!! you'll never escape

lol xD

i don't think i'll ever reach your level of obsession though.

Edited by plastic_rainbow

10 minutes ago, HotaruFilth said:

Yeah, this sounds better! I wanted the corpse to go at the end, because he was definitely talking about himself. The way he usually ends his tweets with "Mako", this one he ended with "shikabane". But i just couldn't change the sentence in a proper way xD Thanks!

no prob! i love to give my own input~

it really is difficult to translate japanese when you have to move the words around, haha.

11 minutes ago, plastic_rainbow said:

lol xD

i don't think i'll ever reach your level of obsession though.

LETS FUCKING HOPE NOT!!! ITS DEPRESSING af!!!!

on another note im so excited for the photobook, i'll bring myself to get it since it counts as home decor for me aka a somewhat necessary purchase considering my apt is empty!

3 minutes ago, emmny said:

LETS FUCKING HOPE NOT!!! ITS DEPRESSING af!!!!

on another note im so excited for the photobook, i'll bring myself to get it since it counts as home decor for me aka a somewhat necessary purchase considering my apt is empty!

aww lucky. i bought too many things already so i'm holding myself back... :/

send me some previews of the inside

(Reviving this thread just for the sake of it.)

Ever considered what point you were in life when getting into this band? Had I gone deep during high school, I would be so damn pessimistic and be in a restrictive mindset. The point where I did was half a year after graduation when I was not as fearful of living.

It was 15 years ago i was young and innocent! I discovered them with Subliminal effect Maxi-single! I fell in love with Radical garden! still one of my favourite song!

I still can't believe i saw them on stage in Paris :)

Edited by koroshiyaichi

i've said this a fajillion times but i got really into deadman during a ~~~dark~~~ period in my life and i felt that mako was my only friend cuz i loved and identified with him so much

2 years later and uh...he's still my bff

I got into deadman over a decade ago and just last year their music was pretty much all I played during a tough breakup and it still has not gotten old even a bit. So yeah. They are the definition of comfort music for me.

i got into deadman a little late, just around the time i started getting back into vk 2 years ago. i was going through my destructive college years and i thought about the pv for this day. this rain. a lot because it expressed so well what i was going through.....it was also winter at the time. i was able to find comfort through their music in that way so they're really special to me.

Ugh, I love Deadman and wish they'd never disbanded. I also regret never being able to see them live. I had really hoped more of VK would have gone in the direction they were taking it.  Perhaps not their best song, but my favorite:

deadman always have been one of my favorite bands. I miss them so much.

I've heard rumors about Mako becoming a christian. Does anybody know if this is true...?

Edited by For my dears

I tried to get my best friend to play deadman on her radio show a week ago when there was a hipster music festival going on in her town. lol

I actually can't remember how old I was when I got into this band or why I did. I know it was during either middle or high school and I don't know if I was going through a dark phase or not. But I've always really, really loved them and only started listening to them again recently. I was too young to know of deadman before they disbanded. I know that it was probably whenever I got super into 9GOATS BLACK OUT and Guniw Tools for some reason.