zombie8mylunch

deadman

*screams*

its between additional cause for sorrow and momouku no hane to hoshi wo te ni

*twitches* i love deadman so much i will NEVER get over them.

I couldn't tell you how many times I played Additional Cause for Sorrow when I first heard it.

You know what? I love that whole fucking album entirely.

I couldn't tell you how many times I played Additional Cause for Sorrow when I first heard it.

You know what? I love that whole fucking album entirely.

i love everything they put out like there's legitimately not one song i dont like. its amazing because i've played deadman like 1.2k times in the past year or so and im not bored at all, their songs are so fascinating.

also the opening chords of additional cause for sorrow shit on my HEARTTTTTT

deadman were amazing and i hate myself so much for listening to them late....
gotta say additional cause for sorrow is also my favorite, with 色別の亡い空虚 and 苦悩の中の耐え難い存在 following behind.

also the opening chords of additional cause for sorrow shit on my HEARTTTTTT

i'm totally with ya on this. i love aie's mellow guitars. ;u;

thanks but i meant where was the footage originally found on? was it a fan club dvd or like a VA or an online feature?

I have liked pretty much all of aie's bands, but deadman has managed to stay my favorite through it all. Man I miss them

*screams*

its between additional cause for sorrow and momouku no hane to hoshi wo te ni

*twitches* i love deadman so much i will NEVER get over them.

Totally agree. The begininning of 'Moumoku...', when Mako utters the song title and the guitar kicks in *UNF*  gives me goosebumps to this day.

If only they knew how monumental they were to the movement out here. I remember when I first heard them, I really didn't get the 'Nagoya' sound. When I finally learned to appreciate what they were doing I went Nagoya and never looked back.

When'd they disband again, 2006? Earlier?

Man deadman is really amazing, probably my favorite out of all of aie's bands! great stuff. I need to listen to them more often since I rarely go back that far into my music roots :D

I was really emotionally invested in deadman back when they were around, but these days I have to be in a very specific mood to listen to them. It's like their music actually evolved since they broke up somehow, I can't explain it. "circus" was a clear favorite of mine back in early 00's (which is weird given how I'm more of a ballad/mellow music person), but now I have so many favorites that It's hard to pick them. I'll say, though, that "no alternative" is hands down one of the best VK albums ever. I can never get over how everything flows so beautifully, starting with "Moumoku..." and ending with "Arizuka", both easily being some of their best. Ugh, I liked them so much.

I was really emotionally invested in deadman back when they were around, but these days I have to be in a very specific mood to listen to them. It's like their music actually evolved since they broke up somehow, I can't explain it. "circus" was a clear favorite of mine back in early 00's (which is weird given how I'm more of a ballad/mellow music person), but now I have so many favorites that It's hard to pick them. I'll say, though, that "no alternative" is hands down one of the best VK albums ever. I can never get over how everything flows so beautifully, starting with "Moumoku..." and ending with "Arizuka", both easily being some of their best. Ugh, I liked them so much.

had to relisten to circus just now, how wonderful. in my opinion one of the best vk bands ever.

me and a friend of mine have a specific mood we just call "deadman." hahaha

in case y'all didn't get the memo, a new photobook is being published as today is the 10th anniversary of deadman's last live

and mako just tweeted something

today is a good day to be a deadman fan hehe

I'm afraid my English is not that good to translate his tweet without changing the order of lines which i find important, but the meaning is something like:

"Screams
Vortex of cry
Singing a song
That can't be expressed in words
The corpse
Is still
Longing for people"

If someone can correct it please do.

i got a similar meaning, hotaru

i looked it up online and his usage of "shikibane" was interesting--its a state of death rather than just a corpse--a "body without a soul"

i have negative japanese abilities but the second mako tweets i turn into a fucking translation software. ww

my translation (taking a lot of liberties+based off hotaru's)

"shouting,

a vortex of shrieks

singing a song which can't be expressed in words

even so, the body without a soul longs for others"

Edited by emmny

hmmm, here's my interpretation. but don't expect me to be entirely correct.

"Screams

Vortex of cry

I want to sing a song

that can’t be expressed in words

Still,

I am a corpse

that longs for people"

@emmny that's really interesting about the word "shikabane"! i feel like japanese can be so deep and poetic with their usage of words.

Edited by plastic_rainbow

mako does really cool wordplay--like how he frequently wrote karada with characters that meant corpse--like a living corpse (so lovely)

7 minutes ago, emmny said:

mako does really cool wordplay--like how he frequently wrote karada with characters that meant corpse--like a living corpse (so lovely)

i haven't really looked through much of deadman's lyrics yet... >.< but i really love it when lyricists use wordplay! it gives the song so much meaning, though it can be a struggle for translators at times, haha.