Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

chariots will change to formal band

it is announced at chariots presents live "subculture F-edition-toKyo-" at Takadanobaba CLUB PHASE at 2011/12/21 that they will commence formal band activities (instead of current Vo.ๆˆฎ(RIKU) solo project) since 2012, although details have not yet been announced

http://ameblo.jp/undercode-riku/

related thread:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11765

Hmm, interesting... I'm really hoping they end up releasing more music like Yui/Ware/Kira. They were really good before they became... Basically a hot mess.

Watch KISAKI join chariots and LIN disband ahahahha

I respect chariots fans, but I really have a chip on my shoulder when it comes to the actual band. I feel like RIKU's musical ego is just too great to be left unchecked: with someone like KISAKI around to filter his ideas, the music comes out great; but left to his own devices, RIKU produces the most heinous overly-aggressive-metal meets dubious-semi-rap meets filtered-techno-burps schlock.

In my opinion at least, chariots has never and will never be successful (musically), and yet UNDER CODE has just thrown money at them for years and years for no other reason than it's RIKU--and there's absolutely nothing to show for it (again, just my opinion). With all that failure over the years, I don't see why they keep trying--if anything, RIKU should just continue exploring that chariots sound with LIN, as they've already done a few times. To rebuild chariots every other year is just a complete waste.

In the end, it doesn't bother me if chariots just hangs around and releases things every now and then, and in that case I'll be happy they're back just for the chariots fans that exist. But if LIN doesn't come back just so chariots can, I think I'll tear my hair out!

Perhaps, Riku is not going to make the same errors with his musical ego. Looks like a complete rebirth of chariots, not a solo project. So, ideas of the other members will influence the music and they will compose something...

Perhaps, Lin will continue their hiatus some time...

Perhaps, Riku is not going to make the same errors with his musical ego. Looks like a complete rebirth of chariots, not a solo project. So, ideas of the other members will influence the music and they will compose something...

Perhaps, Lin will continue their hiatus some time...

If you're right, I think that would be good. I'll gladly eat my words if the new chariots is awesome. But I still want LIN to come back no matter what.

Personally I think this is merely something for Riku as a side-project, seeing as KISAKI re-started his KISAKI Project feat. Satsuki. I hope Lin won't disband, but we'll see when the announcement is made.

It's funny thing, cause the UNDER CODE announced in autumn that chariots come back in December to make some last live before the finally disband.

and now? what is it? totally opposite !

it seems the ๅ‡› wont come back soon, or disband !? (its not rare thing in KISAKI's life....)

so, 9 days later come the announcement, but it wont be so good, i think.

and chariots it totally waste of time, as inartistic said.

"oh baby always kiss me please" chariots newest song "Ashu" :fap:

It's the eternal struggle between Kisaki (who can't stay in a band for more than two years) and Riku (who can't seem to find a project that lasts more than two years). I predict that Lin will probably go on an indefinite hiatus and chariots will come back, release a few things, lose a few members like they always have. I'm a little dismayed though because I felt that Lin was the best thing that both Kisaki and Riku have ended up doing in quite a while and to see that project lose steam because the both of them are bored is a little...meh.

Also, isn't over half of Lin made up of ex-chariots members anyhow? Are they going to return to that or go off and do their own thing?

I think UCP is definitely not serious when doing this. I love chariots and I am happy they're coming back but what about Lin? O_O'

Not a fan of Chariots and have no problem saying that I was happy to hear they were disbanding. Now getting back together? Bleeeeeeeeh, BUT! I'll keep an open mind because if they get new members they might create something that is finally good. Now if it's the old line up I don't even want to bother. New people, there's a chance that the music will improve unless it was Riku that was writing all those previous crap songs.

Lin has been a humongous let down for me, the whole band felt like Chariots part 2 but with more synth. I may not be articulating myself very well here but it just felt like a bunch of people thrown together with different musical backgrounds and now they suddenly have to work with each other making songs that just sound like they were put haphazardly together and then a layer of synth thrown on top of it all to try and make it catchy. Which is what Chariots felt for me, a bunch of people KISAKI randomly found and told them to make a band and felt like a big trainwreck. There was just something about Lin that didn't click with me, that last album of theirs was such a let down.

chariots will participate in Dr.ๅ…ผ็ถ™(kentz)(ex-ใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ƒใ€(aya)-->GeNe-->chariots(support)) last live "SELFISH DREAMER with DEAR FRIENDS" in 2012/04

chariots guest members:

Gt.ใ‚ทใƒŽ(shino) (ex-sigmud [Freud]-->SCISSOR, now in MiU)

Ba.่ฟ…(jin) (ex-UnsraW)

Dr.้ˆด้Ÿณ(suzune) (ex-DIS-->ใ‚ขใƒณใƒ‰(AND))

But it's weird that RIKU calls them GUEST PLAYERS when I thought chariots was coming back as a formal band. Also, Kentz' profile lists a different lineup, but I guess his profile is out of date...? And finally, his profile says to contact UNDER CODE for tickets, even though it is not chariots event but rather Kentz' event. Kind of strange (although I understand Kentz did support for chariots at one point, it is strange that he would not be included in the lineup for this live).

^ Dr.ๅ…ผ็ถ™(kentz) will not act as support of chariots at these lives as he will participate in one-day revival of ใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ƒใ€(aya) before his retirement of musical activities due to his terminal cancer...thus such performance is regarded as LAST STAGE of his lifetime

related thread:

viewtopic.php?p=191067

HOLY FUCK, he was my favorite aya and GeNe member. This is really saddening......

chariots will participate in Dr.ๅ…ผ็ถ™(kentz)(ex-ใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ƒใ€(aya)-->GeNe-->chariots(support)) last live "SELFISH DREAMER with DEAR FRIENDS" in 2012/04

chariots guest members:

Ba.่ฟ…(jin) (ex-UnsraW)

chariots guest members:

Gt.kaie (ex-Luzmelt)

Ba.่ฟ…(jin) (ex-UnsraW)

Sign in to follow this