zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

^Ah okay, was just curious if it was the same show because I saw that you're from Canada and I thought it was a really weird thing for them to do.

57 minutes ago, Carmelzors said:

Random thoughts- thread simulator when?

Whenever someone is brave enough to find a video on youtube of someone rolling around in a pile of feces.

If I really had to choose a favorite guitarist, Kei (baroque, kannivalism) and aie would be my top two. Out of the others I’ve heard (in vk/jrock) these two by far have the most distinctive guitar playing style in my opinion. I think most people are aware of aie’s distinctive style, so I don’t think I need to explain much. But I love aie’s mellowy guitars and his style takes on such a somber feel all the time. No one else gives off a deep feeling like that. Listening to Additional Cause for Sorrow kills me every time, but let’s not forget about anything else he’s done with his guitar.

As for Kei, what’s most distinctive of his guitars is the way he plays high-pitched lingering notes, and simple melodies that strongly give off a nostalgic, relaxing, and dreamy feel. Just listen to stuff like baroque’s caramel drops, exit, and sound of respire, or kannivalism’s buranko, shiawase no ehon (nu age.), i.d, etc. I love him in baroque and kannivalism, but in his solo project too, one can see what he really is capable of. Even though he uses electronic elements and a few strings in his solo work, his guitar style still shows. Songs like pitiful emotional picture and barred door are some of my favorites.

Well, there are a lot of cool guitarists out there, but like I said, I feel that Kei and aie have really established a unique and consistent sound in their guitar playing.

Just gonna add on, though, that Akira (baroque, boogieman) is a cool guitarist too. He had one of the best guitar solos in baroque. Butterfly and tight are fucking good. One of the best guitar solos I’ve ever heard in jrock.

/monologue, another post showing how much I love baroque + kannivalism

Edited by plastic_rainbow

R.I.P. Chyna.

I have so many great memories of watching her matches as a kid, and while she had some ups and downs after leaving the WWE, her work during the Attitude era is still an inspiration. I always loved the concept of HHH having a female bodyguard.

<3

Edited by violetchain

On 4/20/2016 at 8:12 PM, YuyoDrift said:

**Hits Blunt**

What if Pinocchio says his nose is growing?

I have, in fact, resolved this by saying that you can not lie if you're simply giving false information about things you don't know. Lying is something you do deliberately. Giving false information due to the lack of information or evidence can not be classified as lying. Thus, as Pinocchio can never be certain about whether his nose will grow if he says it will, no matter what he says can not be classified as lying, since he simply does not have the information available to him. Thus, his nose will not grow.

9 minutes ago, The Dead Wolf. said:

I have, in fact, resolved this by saying that you can not lie if you're simply giving false information about things you don't know. Lying is something you do deliberately. Giving false information due to the lack of information or evidence can not be classified as lying. Thus, as Pinocchio can never be certain about whether his nose will grow if he says it will, no matter what he says can not be classified as lying, since he simply does not have the information available to him. Thus, his nose will not grow.

But if the statement is something that is easily observed then it is not possible to give false information about something unknown. The key is because the statement is said in the present participle so now time is a factor. If Pinocchio says his nose is growing but his nose is not growing at that moment then he is lying at that moment. Then in that moment his nose will grow. But just because his nose grew after the lie does not make the lie true.

Now if he said that "His nose will grow" that's giving information about unknown things.

23 minutes ago, Zeus said:

But if the statement is something that is easily observed then it is not possible to give false information about something unknown. The key is because the statement is said in the present participle so now time is a factor. If Pinocchio says his nose is growing but his nose is not growing at that moment then he is lying at that moment. Then in that moment his nose will grow. But just because his nose grew after the lie does not make the lie true.

Now if he said that "His nose will grow" that's giving information about unknown things.

I believe this is a sort of Schrödinger's cat... or in this case it's Schrödinger's nose amirite *cough cough* kinda situation. Philosophically speaking, the nose is both growing and not growing as Pinocchio is says it's growing. 

12 hours ago, The Dead Wolf. said:

I believe this is a sort of Schrödinger's cat... or in this case it's Schrödinger's nose amirite *cough cough* kinda situation. Philosophically speaking, the nose is both growing and not growing as Pinocchio is says it's growing. 

technically for pinocchio's nose to be both growing and not growing, pinocchio needs to be isolated in a closed system without an observer (since the act of observation collapses the wavefunction associated with the growth/non-growth of pinocchio's nose). the problem is that if you grant that, pinocchio would also be in the "box" and subjected to the same quantum superposition: you can't even be sure whether he is saying or not saying "my nose is growing"! (in fact he's both saying and not saying it, hence both lying and not lying)

sorry, couldn't resist responding LOL. i'll show myself out now....

*dying*

---

...but Pinocchio is not growing b/c he's a doll (and will never be a real boy.)

In the meantime,  Schrodinger's Cat is using Pinocchio as a scratch post, and being isolated in a closed system, low on oxygen.

The cat succumbs to its oxygen deprivation, and now you have a dead cat and a wooden doll in a box, DO YOU FEEL HAPPY NOW?!

Edited by colorfuljinsei

top guitarists in vk
 (no order)

1.) leda

2.) hizaki

3.) aie

4.) sizna

5.) uruha

6.) kaoru

7.) halka

i want someone to start making jrock parody videos similar to those ''kiss shreds'' ones:

Rejoce everyone the Queen and King Bitch will be leaving soon, not sure when seeing that, i know it time to get out here. Trust kyo will keep me updated on Lycaon, and i might come back for them if someone needs a firm hand.

waht should be my last threads?

1 hour ago, blackdoll said:

Rejoce everyone the Queen and King Bitch will be leaving soon, not sure when seeing that, i know it time to get out here. Trust kyo will keep me updated on Lycaon, and i might come back for them if someone needs a firm hand.

waht should be my last threads?

Aww, dont go. D;