zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

The last thing I wanted to see opening up my Instagram feed after a month, was my Japanese ex-girlfriend getting married.

I guess I don't have to wonder "what if...." anymore.

I also don't enjoy the fact that I suddenly remembered the phrase "私を殺して" subconsciously .

Yeah.....

I hate doing group projects with people who are so damn unmotivated with it and don't care about it at all. I started doing my part of it last week and got it fully finished a couple of days ago and everytime I try asking the others if they've gotten anything done yet I either get no answer at all or a "yeah I've thought about it a bit but haven't actually done anything." And the deadline for it is tomorrow. Amazing.

Did the EU secretly push through some kind of increase in international shipping rates or some shit? I recently tried to order some 2nd hand books from an Amazon seller I'd purchased from in the past, and while Amazon used to always have €3 as the standard shipping fee for books, this time I was faced with a whopping total of like €65 eur???? when I reached the "confirm order" area. This was for like 3 books that cost like €4 combined or something.... Needless to say I fucking canceled that order lmao, i'm still confused as to what's up though. Everything was still fine up to like 3 or 4 months ago.

Idk what type of crack my friend's psych prof in Japan is on but I just spent an hour trying to help her understand a paragraph in her readings because he keeps assigning complex English articles. Like bruh, this is not going to help them learn more about psychology or English.. My friend at least has her TOEFL certification but what about her classmates? Naturally, the prof has a translated copy of the texts he makes his students read..

Idk why but I find it kind of sweet that Taka is going to perform with Linkin Park for their concert in memory of Chester. I thought they might have him join them but wasn't sure.

Now I'm listening to the song he did with P.T.P after K died and want to cry. lol

It's always funny to see people's reactions when I tell them that one of my favorite hobbies is knitting. I know I really don't look like a person who'd enjoy something like that so everyone always tends to get a bit shocked about it... haha.

On 25/10/2017 at 11:34 AM, PsychoΔelica said:

I feel like Klaha was better than Gackt if only for all the off-key singing, that makes me cringe. But I find his voice to be much more pleasant and impacting in general.  Such a waste...

Klaha was a better singer, technically speaking.

Also, kinda related: Does anyone still remember the days when Gackt could kinda sing? Like in Malisu and early solo? Because damn I tricked myself and my husband into watching his latest MV and the cringe was real. He sounds like a duck attempting opera.

Having a soft spot for someone while at the same time hating their guts and feeling angry to the point of nausea or wanting to cry upon thinking about them is the worst feeling ever. :/

at this point i feel like some of my professors are just artificially trying to pad out their courses so they don't look entirely useless

On 10/31/2017 at 3:09 PM, Tokage said:

at this point i feel like some of my professors are just artificially trying to pad out their courses so they don't look entirely useless

My friend has had professors she's a TA for ask her to review their syllabuses and go over what they will teach in the course because they feel like they don't know what they're doing. She doesn't even have her MA yet. She is concerned. 

Her university doesn't have a great reputation though. She's sent me photos of some of the students' assignments and midterm answers and we both cringed. I was also deeply concerned why the professor of the women's literature course chose to have their class read Twilight when I visited the school bookstore. I'm hoping they chose Twilight for some good reason because WHY are you having a third year literature class read TWILIGHT?

just found out that one of my coworkers passed away today.......i worked right next with him, didn't talk to him much (he wasn't much of a talker either, nice guy tho), but damn it's a bit hard to believe.........

Edited by plastic_rainbow

Dude I'm sorry, but you must be fucking stupid if you think that I am going to build you a computer with the same estimate that I gave you last year.

Like wtf?

Did I,  or did I not tell everyone and their wife that SSD and RAM prices will rise exponentially, with graphics cards being right up there too.