zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

if one really thinks about it, politicians are in fact quite like musicians of visualkei:

- it's all about the looks & public performance

- their instruments are the states of the country they govern

- sometimes they go on indefinite hiatus

- no matter how many scandals they get involved in, there will always be stans ready & waiting for them to make a comeback

- multi-type albums & singles

58 minutes ago, Tokage said:

if one really thinks about it, politicians are in fact quite like musicians of visualkei:

- it's all about the looks & public performance

- their instruments are the states of the country they govern

- sometimes they go on indefinite hiatus

- no matter how many scandals they get involved in, there will always be stans ready & waiting for them to make a comeback

- multi-type albums & singles

Indeed

1 hour ago, TheZigzagoon said:

Anyone else just find that quarantine has them sleeping all the time.

I’m constantly asleep and I’m still tired 

I have two kids, no chance to sleep 🤣 but I feel like I am washing dishes the whole day 

48 minutes ago, KrumpingChihuahua said:

I have two kids, no chance to sleep 🤣 but I feel like I am washing dishes the whole day 

I'm having a real problem with dishes rn. I cook most things  from scratch and it feels like I spend 2/3 of my day washing up and there's still shit piled up on my sink

God, Gen's cat Chikuwa is so cute. Sometimes I really wish I could have a cat again, but I don't have anywhere practical to put a litter box in my condo, and I also happen to have a budgie, so I'd have to worry about the cat eating her/scaring her to death every day. :(

I was talking to someone today about their dead-beat "baby daddy", and they started making excuses for them... saying, "well, they never learned how to be a dad"...

I replied, "the only way to learn how to be a dad is to do it"...

They had no choice but to smirk in agreeance.

-

Why is it that people have this disembodied belief that you can learn something without actually having to do it? Or that you have to scale some arbitrary benchmark of knowledge before you can do something?

i mean...you can't learn an instrument without actually playing it.  No more than you can learn how to drive without getting behind the wheel.

As heady as coding is, you still gotta type that shit out.

Hell, even in spiritual matters - action is still required.

I didn't start believing in "God" until I experienced him. And funny enough, it took me having to be humbled to the point where I realized my own intellect was no longer sufficient.

As I began "to walk with God", and actually do what the bible says, then that's when the understanding came to me. And the more I continue to do, the more the bible continues to prove itself and confirm its truth in my experience. It often freaks me out in the most wonderful way imaginable!

But I digress...

It seems this disconnect between thought and action is endemic to Western culture in general. We've fallen so deeply in love with our own intellect that we've lost touch with the sheer magic of our own reality and experience.

However, the Eastern/African culture of the Bible is rooted in functional action. In fact, each word in the Hebrew language points towards a concrete action.

Surely, they understood that true knowledge and understanding only comes from "doing" and actually acting things out. From reality. Not endlessly wanking our intellects.

Well, that went from 0 to 60 in no time. I'm sorry y'all. This is just how I think :tw_joy::tw_joy::tw_joy:

11 hours ago, CAT5 said:

Why is it that people have this disembodied belief that you can learn something without actually having to do it? Or that you have to scale some arbitrary benchmark of knowledge before you can do something?

Ever watch someone skilled at their profession? They make it all look so easy because they've mastered their craft, but they hide the years of work they put into their craft to get to that point. To me, that's why people rate limit themselves and others when it comes to skill, especially life skills.

It's a fact that people pick up on certain talents faster than others. I firmly believe that there is something everyone is good at; it could be flipping burgers or clicking heads in video games. Sometimes it takes time and experience to figure that out. I know there are some things I will never be good at unless I put time into it, like basketball or high level math. I know there are some things I've gotten *better* at because I put the time in, like learning guitar or playing shooters.

Our culture comes to expect that people should just pick up on all things as quickly as a savant does, and people become discouraged or discourage others when they cannot meet those expectations immediately. It's a nasty outgrowth of consumer culture where what we are consuming is talent. We tie talents to worth of self and others.

In this way, you are still correct. The only way to be a dad is to do it. But I also believe some people are not fit to be parents. The complaining about baby daddy shit is just a way to distance herself from what she considers a bad decision, and by robbing him of a critical talent (being a capable father) she is robbing him of his character and worth. Except literally everybody sees through that shit nowadays, because baby daddies don't come outta nowhere. If she was forced to crack a smile, that's because you pierced the veil in one swift move. Well done.

I thought I was an extrovert before this whole pandemic thing, but after a whole month of not having face to face interaction with people (I'm not related to), I'm feeling the best I have in months. I guess I'm an introvert then? It's weird what happens to you when your routine is messed up. I guess mine got messed up for the better.

*Looks up fritters recipe*

*Scrolls down for a whole minute before the actual recipe shows up*

I really dgaf that your husband plays the guitar therefore he squeezes the water out of grated courgettes for you because his grip is oh so strong (?)

wish websites would simply give us the damn recipe 

19 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

I do not like this look. Please shave, SUGIZO.

nah, I don't trust niggaz over 30 without facial hair.  :tw_joy:

10 minutes ago, CAT5 said:

nah, I don't trust niggaz over 30 without facial hair.  :tw_joy:

As a 30 year old who can't grow facial hair that doesn't make me look like a sex pest, I am offended 😂

2 hours ago, nullmoon said:

As a 30 year old who can't grow facial hair that doesn't make me look like a sex pest, I am offended 😂

1 hour ago, secret_no_03 said:

Same 😔

well shit I love yall, so I'll make an exception 😅

1 hour ago, secret_no_03 said:

Me before watching: THERE'S A VIDEO?!?!

Me after: The fact that this even exists makes me want to commit toaster bath. I regret watching that. I have never seen something so cursed, and I miss 1 minute ago when I didn't know this existed.

2 hours ago, Total Saikou said:

Me before watching: THERE'S A VIDEO?!?!

Me after: The fact that this even exists makes me want to commit toaster bath. I regret watching that. I have never seen something so cursed, and I miss 1 minute ago when I didn't know this existed.

I found it scrolling my home feed on YouTube.

Man, I can deal with people acting a little childish but I've had to put up with the most immature motherfuckers on the face of the earth lately. It's like my life has to go their way or the highway. Whatever, fuck them, I guess. I just wish they'd leave me the fuck alone and stop prying into my personal goings-on so my life didn't feel like some little kid's bedtime story.

For the first time in 11 years I confessed to somebody new, and for the first time ever it actually turned out in my favour, until I spoke a second time and was too excitedly passionate that instantly soured the entire exchange... I'm not even saying this bitterly...but genuinely laughing at how fast I can ruin a moment just by talking honestly.