zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

On 8/22/2020 at 9:44 AM, Chell said:

Since I'm pretty much your friend, please let me in to this playlist when you're done :love: (though I do listen to a few more recent more "oshareish" and idol kei bands it's not heavy nor old so I'm curious as to what you'd compile/what one would define as "vk" nowadays tbh hmm) 

i mean, it's mostly just some of my favorite vk songs i've listened to over the years, nothing really special lol. it's a really long list, and i didn't even include everything i wanted, but if you're still interested i can maybe send the playlist to you.

23 hours ago, Keiyuh said:

YO were best friends right? 

If you're doing this specially for a gurl 

I can become a gril if you want just show me what you got

not doing this to impress someone at all, just love sharing music :)

30 minutes ago, plastic_rainbow said:

i mean, it's mostly just some of my favorite vk songs i've listened to over the years, nothing really special lol. it's a really long list, and i didn't even include everything i wanted, but if you're still interested i can maybe send the playlist to you.

not doing this to impress someone at all, just love sharing music :)

lol I know that feeling. If it's not a bother, could you? Honestly I'd love to listen to it (and, well, I'm not likely to judge because a) I don't really believe in "better tastes" and b) my tastes are Shit Tier apparently plus it's not like I can listen to it *right now* so there's probably enough time if you regret sharing and just feel like deleting it lol.)

And, well, maybe I can think of something different to add if you feel like it? (ie. something less heavy but still vk that they might like :) )

Edited by Chell

5 hours ago, Total Saikou said:

I just realized that philosophers are just socially accepted emos. 

That says a lot about society though; you're only taken seriously after you die...

If you were somehow reanimated your accomplishments and you as a whole would be forgotten even the mournfull words would be taken back I don't about you but in Islamic countries when someone dies and his relatives neighbours etc all gather for the praying ceremony and after the prayers one of the things they ask the crowd is "how well did you know him?" and they always respond "we knew him well" that's a lie that I will never be able to say 

Philosophers = talk shows 

When you find on some joke retro website you're browsing an animated deviantart stamp (!!) that looks just like the style of that lovely artist you lost sight of 7 years ago, but ur too chicken to ask for source out of nowhere and Google images can't search dA gifs 😞

Edited by Chell

Wow what the hell. Some honest lack of entertainment in my life led me down the rabbit hole of Anthony Padilla's I-spent-a-day series of videos and I am pretty horrified at the maid cafe one lmaoo
Honestly some things like yaoi paddles and lewd maid cafes just never really made it where I live and I mean ........... do kids actually pay for some girls in a lewd* anime* maid* costume to step on them lol why would you do it to yourself and how many hours will it take for u to regret ur behavior

I will never understand friends from the past who can't even hide their creepy stalker's personalities. Thanks twitter, today's cringe level is about ~9999%

On 8/28/2020 at 12:23 AM, Chell said:

Wow what the hell. Some honest lack of entertainment in my life led me down the rabbit hole of Anthony Padilla's I-spent-a-day series of videos and I am pretty horrified at the maid cafe one lmaoo
Honestly some things like yaoi paddles and lewd maid cafes just never really made it where I live and I mean ........... do kids actually pay for some girls in a lewd* anime* maid* costume to step on them lol why would you do it to yourself and how many hours will it take for u to regret ur behavior

Updates 

Alice followed that track and found out that turned out to be, uh, this Youtubers idea of marketing his brand new fan meeting event, which was essentially meeting his fans in one such lewd anime maid cafe where girls get paid for stepping on nerds, except he became such a maid for a day 

You know, u'd think after decades of clearly not having a problem with hot guys dressed up as anime maids doing lewd 🚽 I'd take that easily, but the fact that some popular youtuber out there is doing that really makes me think.  ... And think. And there goes my brain spinning into the distance. 

Imagine going on a date with a girl and tricking her into thinking that you speak French just by saying a bunch of VK band names like it's a sentence.

Lareine Versailles? emmurée. Moi dix Mois, Baiser, L'arc en Ciel. Noir Fleurir... Noi'x.

Lol, wasn't expecting this.

Guess I need to get around to listening to #6. I'd put it off because the single felt kinda joyless, but looks like Takeshi still had some fun with the other tracks. 😄

Man, the world is just so fucking weird. About 6-7 years ago I used to take the night bus home drunk and kept meeting the same guy, a "thrasher" who had similar taste to me, and we always talked about music, girls and whatever. And we usually joked about starting a thrash metal band together, inspired by Municipal Waste, Toxic Holocaust etc. But just as a joke of course. Over the past 3 months or, me and a very good friend, have had some of my good friend's friends play stuff for us as neither of us play any instruments (I've written the songs, but I can't play any instruments so we need session musicians). I know the drummer and bassist from before, but the guitarist, who is a friend of my friend, is someone I did not know who was. I do know his band and all, but not who he was. I did however meet the guitarist for the first time yesterday as we were filming some promo stuff and god damn it, it was the guy from 6+ years ago. And now he's playing with my band, playing thrash metal inspired by Municipal Waste, Toxic Holocaust etc. It's so fucking random and weird. How the hell? Hahaha! But fun of course. Always seemed like a really nice and cool guy, so that's a huge plus.

Edited by Bear

Do u have the right to call an off day if ur boss doesn't show up in thirty five minutes 

Cuz I arrived 5 min earlier only to wait for 40 min in the rain feet r tired 

Honestly if I found out they did call an off day bc of the rain and nobody told me (as I live in a different direction I can get there even if its raining ....... ) Ill be mmmmaddd (actually won't but.) 

In a less angry note and more of a "late nite tweet except this isnt my Twitter and clearly I aint ok." today (while I was thinking of, honestly, people I met in elementary/middle school) I was hit by the sudden realization that I first heard (of?) vk probably on the year GazettE was FORMED which makes me think firstly I am getting old ffs 

But also that maybe it is why I feel zero GazettE nostalgia and fail to see how influential they were/are (they were/are right?)? To me it was literally "some random vk band some kids like (and I don't)"? Not even kidding? I was around when western ~ vk fandom ~ was p much 1/2 metalhead X fans and 1/2 fujoshi Gackt/Mana ficwriters ??? 

This was a scary realization of my own age and one I wanted to share. Thank you 

Edited by Rahzel

I just finished watching “Ring 0: Birthday” via streaming on Shudder; during the ending credits, I thought to myself, “Why does this vocalist so damn familiar?” When the music credits appeared, it had affirmed my guess; “finale” by L’Arc~en~Ciel

When you're so deep into your y2k aesthetic that you can't listen to anything that has disbanded in less than 20 yrs and the current qualities of most (basically oshare) vk acts of nowadays doesn't help 

Stuck watching vhs recorded lives. Bummer 

(Come to think of it ... Why haven't I checked any releases from that animal band yet?) 

Edited by Rahzel

I randomly started playing Fate Grand Order yesterday, and wow, I've summoned like 15 assassins but I can never seem to draw a saber. Lol, I have like at least one of every other class, but not a single saber.

I mean, I do like the assassin characters the best, so it works out, but still.

Edited by violetchain

I can't stand being twenty and never having had a paid job in my life. I've been looking for an apprenticeship lately cuz I thought that might be a bit easier to find than a proper job for the time being but of course, they either don't get back to you if you apply or they require you to have prior experience (which is fucking ridiculous because the whole point of an apprenticeship is to get trained in sth while making some money, as opposed to being fully qualified). My family keep telling me not to feel bad but it's difficult not to when I remember people in high school who weren't even adults who could somehow juggle school work and paid work (bear in mind I went to a hardass high school and it was difficult to even juggle school work with leisure time). It just makes me feel super inadequate and I feel like I'm gonna be on benefits for the rest of my life. Sometimes I consider just forgetting work altogether and trying to become an artist or singer or whatever so I don't have to go through getting rejected/not hearing back from an employer again but I know that wouldn't be sensible. The stagnation is making my insomnia worse to the point where I'll get a good night's sleep maybe once a month. Given how fucked 2020's been in general, I doubt it's gonna get any easier from here.

1 hour ago, Gesu said:

I can't stand being twenty and never having had a paid job in my life. I've been looking for an apprenticeship lately cuz I thought that might be a bit easier to find than a proper job for the time being but of course, they either don't get back to you if you apply or they require you to have prior experience (which is fucking ridiculous because the whole point of an apprenticeship is to get trained in sth while making some money, as opposed to being fully qualified). My family keep telling me not to feel bad but it's difficult not to when I remember people in high school who weren't even adults who could somehow juggle school work and paid work (bear in mind I went to a hardass high school and it was difficult to even juggle school work with leisure time). It just makes me feel super inadequate and I feel like I'm gonna be on benefits for the rest of my life. Sometimes I consider just forgetting work altogether and trying to become an artist or singer or whatever so I don't have to go through getting rejected/not hearing back from an employer again but I know that wouldn't be sensible. The stagnation is making my insomnia worse to the point where I'll get a good night's sleep maybe once a month. Given how fucked 2020's been in general, I doubt it's gonna get any easier from here.

Job searching is never easy. Anytime I've switched jobs I've had to apply to nearly 100 and I might get a reply back from 1-4 places give or take. It gets easier as you gain more experience, but that first step is hard. Honestly, job hunting still makes me uneasy after all these years.

It's tough finding someone who believes in you, but you just need one person or group who sees your potential. I'm not sure what field you're trying to get into but you just gotta keep building your skills however you can. Most importantly, don't be afraid to ask for help wherever you can find it. No one makes it alone and there's no shame in seeking help.

It's tough out there but keep your chin up. Stay positive!

Edited by ghost