zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

@Gesu This may vary depending on where you live or your situation, but if you're struggling financially and need the income I'd say lower your standards and take whatever job you can. Even if you're not, your first job most likely won't be anything worth staying at anyway. All my past jobs have pretty much been crap, with my first job at some food manufacturer right when I got out of high school. I've also done dishwashing, housekeeping, and a custodian job to name a few....If you don't mind customer service/talking to people you may have more options. My current job is not even something I'm entirely proud of, but it's one of the better jobs I've had that helps pay the bills/school tuition, and gives me a flexible enough schedule to work on things on the side. If you can't get a job because you need 'experience' you could also try volunteering to build some. Anyway, like ghost said, it's tough, but I wish you the best of luck!

Edited by plastic_rainbow

@Gesu your early 20s do be like that. Start by filling your time in between job applications with volunteering, at least your CV won't be empty and it'll keep your mind busy. Opportunities are ripe atm with vulnerable elderly being unable to work at charity shops, for example. It'll give you experience dealing with people and it'll give you a reference you can call on for future jobs. Then, like mentioned above, take what you can because any foot in the door is a positive step towards getting smth better. 

Lol, I finally drew a Saber, but A. it's Gilles de Rais and B. his Noble Phantasm kinda sucks. His card also reads "Slightly scrawny man. Not that hyped up." Thanks, game. 😅

I can't stop feeling pity for gals in their 30s, who put an abstract "fandom" (vkei, TV series, anime, etc) above e v e r y t h i n g and fighting for their "beliefs" like if somebody insults their own values. I'm scared of aggressive people...

I know its 2 completely different industries but I just got my first physical kpop release and the amount of stuff that came with it for its price is actually insane, personal letter written from the members, a bookmark photo of one of the members, a sort of photo of one of the members, big ass poster, 100 page photo booklet and the actual cd itself which was a standard single with 3 tracks all for like $12 not including shipping lol

So I'm surfing this local 'ebay' looking at things that I obviously can't buy and then I find the store of some random dude who seems to share my passion for bjd, japanese rock/idols and shit animu? "really cool, maybe I could buy from here bc at least I can save up on shipping" I thought, so I start scrolling and now I am.. intrigued by this combo of expensive brand clothes/luxury goods, bondage statue from gay anime and Yamamoto Linda CD. Atsushi Sakurai is that u? (honestly though, TASTE.)

I've been 20 for 4 months guys I'm scaredddddddddddddddd also why did summer end so quickly ? ALL IVE DONE IS WORK!!!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

(im ok though deep down im just thankful i could land a job after getting laid off during this time i'm just unusually melancholic about summer being gone and that's so weird to me because usually i hate summer)

Edited by fruitfork
You want what is taken away from you I suppose.

So I'm back home, my dad is in a bad mood bc he's forcing himself to try and organize his own mess, meanwhile I'm here all ~*minimalistic*~ ~*less is more*~ ~*conscious consumerism*~ trying to share the wonders and he doesn't listen

So I start buying a lot of shit weeb merch to make the sanctuary I call my bedroom even more crowded and just. try and forget that the world exists  

Dear Lord when will I be able to move out? Why wasn't I born in a middle class family where kids take having a bedroom full of lame posters for granted? thx

Yo, shout out to the kind East Asian man who showed my mom where the Ramune candies were (meant to be a gift for me, I'm addicted to them) at the Asian supermarket, you're a real one 😎 Also good choice on picking the Shuwa Shuwa powder ones, I'm loving them! :indie_cheerful:

Lying to people in order to "spare their feelings" is a selfish cop-out imo. I think when people do that, it's more about them being inept and immature rather than having genuine concern for the other person.

That said, feelings do matter. There are ways to relay the truth to someone without being a dismissive asshole about it. So people who do the opposite and say shit like "i don't care how i come off, the truth is the truth" are equally annoying.

On 10/8/2020 at 8:38 AM, KrumpingChihuahua said:

I hope he meant a small one and not a big one (I haven't used hairspray simce 8 Years at least 😂, no need for it as hijabi)

it's probably the typical 200 ml can.

from the looks of it he doesn't know using several different hairsprays does the fixation better and instead layers a relatively weak formula until he runs out of the entire can - there're like other ways to do it.

So my woman, who doesn't know a thing about Japanese music, has been using my spotify account lately. Out of curiosity, she went through some of my old playlists, and she really digs EGO-WRAPPIN'...

And of course she does. My music taste is immaculate.

tenor.gif?itemid=9083311

Hearing shit like that "thunk" when bandomen hit their acoustic guitar being left in the studio recording makes me so happy. I dunno... As music gets more and more processed and hi-fi and perfectly produced there's just some magic in the intimacy of hearing something so raw and real... Something you're not supposed to hear in most cases because it sounds unprofessional. 

Ya know, when i think about the great lengths that people go to avoid confronting themselves and their inner bullshit, it's no wonder that so many ppl fail at relationships. Relationships are like mirrors, and it's usually at the point when a person's partner reflects their own bullshit back to them, that they jump ship. 

A lot of ppl are absolutely terrified of themselves, despite how much they may pretend not to be.

On 10/12/2020 at 11:31 PM, CAT5 said:

Lying to people in order to "spare their feelings" is a selfish cop-out imo. I think when people do that, it's more about them being inept and immature rather than having genuine concern for the other person.

That said, feelings do matter. There are ways to relay the truth to someone without being a dismissive asshole about it. So people who do the opposite and say shit like "i don't care how i come off, the truth is the truth" are equally annoying.

Agreed. Communicating is difficult and, in many instances, an art. Many people are not willing to put forth the effort of consideration and empathy to accurately get your point across without causing offense.

So generally, as you said, people are inclined either to lie, or be as blunt as possible. Both are repugnant and contribute to a poorer society for us all.

It's genuinely astounding how many people seem to not understand what Vampire Hunter does in Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links, despite it being written on the card. Lol, I've won so many duels because people just keep attacking it.