Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

Not allowed to use PS COMPANY material!

PS COMPANY has recently come out with a statement on all their artists' websites, twitter and MySpace profiles:

Attention:

Please refrain from using copyrighted pictures, movies or any other material from our site that depicts our artists.

We have seen an increase of this recently.

Images from our site have also been used as twitter icons or similar.

We would like to prohibit this use as well.

In addition, we would also like to prohibit uploading / reuploading our videos on YouTube and similar services.

For the artists sake, and our future coverage, we hope for your understanding and cooperation.

/PS COMPANY Co.,Ltd.

PS COMPANY bands are following:

- the GazettE

- Alice Nine

- Kra

- SuG

- ViViD

- D=OUT

- BORN

- SCREW

Maybe you guys shouldn't use their pictures in avatars, or uploading their PV spots and other material on YouTube,Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter. Wouldn't be that fun if it turns out PS COMPANY will close their accounts and other stuff.

Source of the actual quote: http://www.myspace.com/alicenineofficial

as they wish, maybe we should stop advertising them and never post anything nowhere from them again.

then noone will know they exist outside japan.

well they deserve this.since they want it.

seriously if they weren't for all these , noone would know or care about them outside japan.

and obviously it seems that's what they want

one more reason to hate psc, other than it turns bands to generic.

seriously they are bothered by icon images? :urg:

I wonder if they mean that they don't want their pictures to be used at all or if they don't want pictures explicitly hosted on their domains to be used. The latter makes more sense in my head but the rest of the statement leads me to believe they mean the former. The video thing makes sense monetarily but is challenging to enforce. The pictures clause is just stupid. Why bother spending money on photoshoots if no one can repost the pictures so more people can see?

PS Company will realize how dumb that is when they realize that what they've requested is summarily a request for other people to stop promoting them and their artists.

"Please, please don't promote us. We like it when our wallets are empty and our bands unknown...

This reminder will surely be unheard.

How many do you think would stop using their fave bands or band members as avatar,

either on social network websites or forum like MH?

They will never shut down the website, that is their main promotion for abroad audience.

And they knew for sure their main income are from abroad fans. Sorry to be bitchy!

I understood this behaviour, it always been like that,

hence the "fanclub only show/merchandise" in almost every official fan clubs in Japan.

The exclusivity is what they like to aim than anything else.

Is this for real? o___o Wow, that's fucking dumb.

But oh well, good thing their bands are ugly and shitty so on the other hand it is probably a saving grace for the internet/world.

Is this for real? o___o Wow, that's fucking dumb.

But oh well, good thing their bands are ugly and shitty so on the other hand it is probably a saving grace for the internet/world.

But Alice Nine... ;__; While they are a shitty band (sometimes), you can hardly call them ugly. I actually think that of all of the PSC bands...xD

This has been going on for a while though, right? People have been talking about this for ever and PSC hasn't done a damned thing.

I wonder if they mean that they don't want their pictures to be used at all or if they don't want pictures explicitly hosted on their domains to be used.

They mean the former. It's lame as hell, but Japanese companies can be ridiculously, illogically heavy-handed about the use of “their” materials. This is the reason why you might see older Japanese fansites using drawings of artists instead of actual pictures―although some labels have even cried fowl on that. Lyrics are similarly sinful.

It's only the really big labels that have such huge sticks up their asses, but, unfortunately, PS COMAPNY is on that level.

But whatever, it won't hurt them.

Bitch please, Kagrra, was (apart from Alice Nine.) the only artist they had that was still making decent music. But this would mean I can't use my Shou avatar on MH anymore? D: I think I don't have any avatars left with PS Company members, so I'm clear :mrgreen: Anyway, I suppose there is no stopping the images. What I find bullshit as well is the videos. Sure, I can understand they don't want us to reupload, but we wouldn't have too if they wouldn't upload the full PV's like four months after the original release. I mean, what good does THAT do?

They will never shut down the website, that is their main promotion for abroad audience.

Tomomi had much hopes for SOPA I guess

It is about momentum! :D

Would you be kind and post the original text (yes, not a translation) and one of the source pages, KILLINSTINCT? I am not kinda believing in that, considering the fact that most PS-related twitter/myspace avatars were left "unharmed".

They couldn't have stabbed themselves with a knife any deeper than this.

Sometimes I feel like the marketing folks and promotors in the entertainment business have lost their touch with reality. As if they have no clue what's going on in the world outside of their own offices.

I think PSC has to get of their high horse. They're still thinking they're one of the best labels in Japan, while they're not. I'll explain my case:

- the GazettE

Makes incredibly crappy music now and doesn't even try anymore.

- Alice Nine

Only decent band they still have.

- Kra

Used to be cool but got worse when Mai left.

- SuG

Don't even get me started on this.

- ViViD

Started to suck once they went major.

- D=OUT

Started to suck once they joined PSC. Their original gem is long gone.

- BORN

Makes the same old music ever since joining PSC and starts to get boring.

- SCREW

Will never be more than decent with Byou as a vocalist.

Just saying.

I think they should thank the fans who upload PS band's PVs on YouTube because if it wasn't for them, these band wouldn't have so many fans overseas. Just saying... Anyway PSC is a horrible label. Almost all bands once they joined it lost their originality.

I think PSC has to get of their high horse. They're still thinking they're one of the best labels in Japan, while they're not. I'll explain my case:

- the GazettE

- Alice Nine

- Kra

- SuG

- ViViD

- D=OUT

- BORN

- SCREW

Just saying.

I kind of agree with all of this but Kra's last album "GURICO" i really liked. :)

Would you be kind and post the original text (yes, not a translation) and one of the source pages, KILLINSTINCT? I am not kinda believing in that, considering the fact that most PS-related twitter/myspace avatars were left "unharmed".

The OP's version of the original post was in English.

Here is an example from the "alicenineofficial" MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/alicenineofficial

The Gazette's and SuG's page has a different version: http://www.myspace.com/thegazetteofficial

"All contents published here (articles, photographs, voice data, and images) are not allowed to be used for acquisition or reprint in any reason or occasion without permission.

掲載されているすべてのコンテンツ(記事、写真、音声データ、映像データ)を許可なく取得し、いかなる理由であっても転載することを固く禁じます。"

I don't like their bands as I feel they sound too cliche and predictable, but I can see some people being upset about this.

I agree with a lot of people who think it's contradictory for them to do what they're doing, (which is basically promoting them.)

brb making PSC avatar.

I can understand them not wanting people to upload videos to YouTube though because it kind of defeats the purpose of selling them. I mean that's exactly why I don't bother with DVD/CD releases myself because it all ends up on YouTube at some point anyway. I agree that it is silly because it is essentially promoting that artist but when you specifically sell CDs that include it as an incentive to buy that version it does kind taps into your sells.

Still requesting that you don't use images as avatars is really really silly.

- the GazettE

- Alice Nine

- Kra

- SuG

- ViViD

- D=OUT

- BORN

- SCREW

Just saying.

I kind of agree with all of this but Kra's last album "GURICO" i really liked. :)

So did I, but that wasn't their last album. Their latest album is Naro & Torte, with the new guitarist. GURICO was still with Mai.

Sign in to follow this