Sign in to follow this  
HanakoHikari

Resident Evil 6

win: real zombies + Leon! Plus looks beautiful

Only criticism is that it seems (I know it's just a trailer but still) to be action RPG and not survival horror. I know 5 was like this too, but I want something like dead space that'll make me pee my pants. : )

^ It's definitely not the least bit action RPG. If anything, it's going to be all action and all jump scares and cheap thrills.

Capcom UK's head of marketing has defended the series' increasingly action-orientated approach, pointing out that the controversial Resident Evil 5 is the most successful entry in the franchise so far.

'We've seen the popularity of Resident Evil increase massively as the series became more action-oriented - Resident Evil 5 is the biggest seller in the series. So, it makes sense for us to follow this action area more fully,' said Dave Turner to trade paper MCV.

... 'The dream would be that the millions of Call of Duty fans that are enjoying these fast-paced online games are attracted to this Resident Evil.'

How much he'd attribute those same comments to Resident Evil 6 isn't yet clear but many fans are already upset at the apparent non-stop action of the trailer, and the lack of any particularly obvious horror elements - despite Capcom previously saying it wanted to get back to the series' roots

Not a Call of Duty fan but as long as the story / campaign is good and Leeeeooooon I'm all for this new RES.

Although I don't know if he realises the series' popularity might have increased because more people play games nowadays and Resident Evil is now sold on all platforms. I doubt it's just "hurr more CoD fans play it"

win: real zombies + Leon! Plus looks beautiful

Only criticism is that it seems (I know it's just a trailer but still) to be action RPG and not survival horror. I know 5 was like this too, but I want something like dead space that'll make me pee my pants. : )

I didn't start liking RE series until RE4 because fuck the other games. I played the one were you're some girl and guy and I swear to god I spent more time originating my shitty inventory than playing the fucking game. Then there's this stupid door but oh you can't enter it because it's pre-rendered bullshit despite having a fucking grenade launcher. No, I need to walk through some dumb mansion, find a clock arm hidden in the antlers to some moon bust and then place it in a clock to unlock a hidden door and fuck you, fuck you. Don't get me started with the stupid awkward angles because the producer used some half assed excuse, oh I'm trying to make it like a movie. No, fucking limited ammo and I can't even see what I'm shooting at, what if the dumb bitch ain't even aiming at it.

Whatever, different stroke for different folk but I prefer the more action oriented third person shooter. I honestly just hated the awkward angles, clunky controls and pre-rendered background shit. I understand that there was limitations with the old Playstation systems but I seriously could not stand it. It was just frustrating.

Oh and the preview kind felt like the love child of RE4 and Left 4 Dead.

Nothing against you personally, I'm just been drinking and ranting about my frustration with the earlier games. They just felt clunky and I was just more frustrated by just trying to play the game than anything else.

I honestly just hated the awkward angles, clunky controls and pre-rendered background shit. I understand that there was limitations with the old Playstation systems but I seriously could not stand it. It was just frustrating.

This is why, if not for the story, I can hardly stand to play Silent Hill either.

Except that at least RES combat improved - Silent Hill is still insufferable.

^... but... but those clunky early RE games were THE SCARIEST! D:

seriously I had a lot of time to regret playing re1 and re2 at age of 10

Okay okay, that is true! There was a few times when RE4 gave me goose bumps but it didn't have that creepy suspense kind of scary that was prevalent through the whole game like the older games. RE4, I was Leon fucking Kennedy and I was going to blow some shit up. It kind of had cheap scares, you're walking along and some guy jumps out, you scream, pump him full of ammo and then carry on.

I totally can understand why long time fans are unhappy with this change of direction in the series, it did lose that suspense and creepy feeling the older games had but at least now I can play it with out raging over the stupid backward ass controls.

I honestly just hated the awkward angles, clunky controls and pre-rendered background shit. I understand that there was limitations with the old Playstation systems but I seriously could not stand it. It was just frustrating.

This is why, if not for the story, I can hardly stand to play Silent Hill either.

Except that at least RES combat improved - Silent Hill is still insufferable.

Guaaah, this is also why I never got that far in the first Silent Hill game. What could have been a game I could have really enjoyed only to have it ruined by terrible controls.

RE6 looks great but I'm still hoping they fix the dumb problem of not being able to run and shoot at the same time.

I miss the good old Resident Evil stuff....

and they allways say... yeah we promise you a good old resident evil again... back to the roots and stuff...

but now see what you got XD ~

nothing to do with back to the roots... just a new cash cow ~

Like Resident Evil Racoon City....

Horror just simly died at PS3... Silent Hill Downpour is my last hope...

but at least I am still sure that the new Resident Evil 6 will smash and flash and crash into my head in his own way ^^

Sign in to follow this