Sign in to follow this  
Champ213

MH J-Rock Awards 2011 - THE RESULTS!

And here are the winners!

Only results with 3 or more votes were counted. Missing categories didn't receive enough votes for one item.

Items in brackets are the winners of the last years.

Votes will now be made visible in the Contest forum.

----

Best overall artist:

1. Dir en grey

(2010: Versailles & D'espairsRay; 2009: The Gazette)

2. Versailles & A

Best full album:

1. Dir en grey - Dum Spiro Spero

(2010: 9 Goats Black Out - Tanatos; 2009: The Gazette - DIM)

Best mini album:

1. D - Huang di ~Yami ni umareta mukui~

(2010: Matenrou Opera - Abyss; 2009: DELUHI - Yggdalive)

2. A - White Album

3. exist†trace - THE LAST DAYBREAK

Best single/maxi:

1. 9 Goats Black Out - Rorschach Inkblot & Draw (Yes, both singles received the same amount of votes)

(2010: Versailles - Destiny-The Lovers-; 2009: Dir en grey - Hageshisa to, Kono Mune no Naka de Karamitsuita Shakunetsu no Yami)

Best PV:

1. 9 Goats Black Out - Kanbi na shigai

(2010: D - Akaki hitsuji niyoru bansankai; 2009: Versailles - Ascendead Master)

Best Look:

1. Versailles

(2010: Kiryu; 2009: 9GOATS BLACK OUT)

2. 9 Goats Black Out

Best Newcomer:

1. Mejibray, Signal & Unite

(2010: Lc5; 2009: cocklobin)

Best individual musician:

1. Sugizo & Miyavi

(2010: Gackt , Kiyoharu; 2009: Leda)

Best live:

1. GalapagosS @ London

Saddest disbandment:

1. D'espairsRay

(2010: Kagrra,; 2009: Sugar)

2. DELUHI

3. Unsraw

Most disappointing release:

1. the GazettE - TOXIC

(2010: Mucc - Karma, Lycaon - EROS; 2009: girugamesh - NOW)

2. girugamesh - GO & Versailles - Holy Grail

Most overhyped band:

1. the Gazette

(2010: the Gazette; 2009: ViViD)

2. Dir en grey

Most overhyped release:

1. The GazettE - TOXIC

(2010: Deathgaze - BLISS OUT; 2009: The Gazette - DIM)

2. Dir en grey - Dum Spiro Spero

Band that changed their sound for the worse:

1. Mucc

(2010: Mucc; 2009: Girugamesh)

2. Girugamesh

3. Aicle & the Gazette

Band you spent most of your money on in 2011:

1. Dir en Grey

(2010: Versailles; 2009: Versailles, The Gazette, Dir en Grey)

2. Versailles

What the Hell were they thinking!?-award:

1. Girugamesh

(2010: Ayabie/AYABIE; 2009: Sadie, SuG, The Mad Simpsons)

Your wish for 2012 (relating to jrock):

In general: less disbandments and more overseas tours

Best non-japanese release:

1. Lady Gaga - Born This Way

Most astonishing is the ambivalence for Dir en Grey. It's really quite funny. Best full album and best overall artist and then most overhyped band and most overhyped release. Seems like there were two rivaling fractions XD

But I laughed most about mucc for getting the award for Band that changed their sound for the worst two times in a row. Poor Mucc, since they have once been one of the most uniquest and overhelming jrock band.

Honest question: why not change the name of these awards to MH Visual Kei Awards? This has probably been discussed before, but I really want to know as it'd make much more sense.

What can I say....

The results are SO surprising! ^__________________________^

=_____=

I'm also siding with Saishuu here since the terms of J-Rock in this Awards apparently mostly extend to Visual Kei. >.>

Dir en grey & MUCC are not visual kei.

We may have a disproportionate emphasis on visual kei because that's what most of our members listen to, but we're still a J-Rock forum. If it's kept open to J-Rock, it still leaves open the opportunity for a non-visual band to win an award. I have a dream that it will happen one day. Don't crush them.

Still though, I could have predicted this outcome.

yeah who would bother to vote for last alliance, toe or two bands that having a really good release last year, ziyoou-vachi and 101A when you have The GazettE :lol:

but anyway, LOL at MUCC for holding the same title.

Actually Kuroyume should won that, that eight inch reel or whatever album was totally uninspiring and awful.

If you check the detailed results you'll notice that there were votes for non-visual bands, just not enough for one band to make it into the winners.

However I did notice that many of those users that listen to non-vk around here didn't vote. So don't blame vk-fans because they were the ones that actually bothered to sit down and submit their votes.

Mind you, the margins on some of these are pretty close. In a small-scale poll like this with a few dozen overall votes, each individual vote can make a lot of difference. Quite often 3 votes are enough to make it into the list. Sometimes 3 overall votes were enough for a first place. So, if 3 or 4 more of the non-vk fans would have voted, the list might look differently.

So yeah, that's how it works with votings. If you don't even vote yourself, you really can't complain afterwards. ;)

@Champ: Assuming your message was directed to me, as I was the one that brought the subject up, I wasn't complaining to be honest, just curious. I didn't check the complete list (nor did I know it was made available, I missed it on the main post), but since the results always seem to feature mostly VK-bands, I just assumed some of the non-active members got up and voted for their favorite group or something, automatically outnumbering non-VK listeners, which wouldn't be surprising. I apologize if my message came out the wrong way (as a party-bummer who doesn't vote and still complain about the results), that wasn't my intention at all. :)

It wasn't specifically directed at you.

I'm just putting it out there that these results aren't a given. In a small poll like this, every vote is relevant and one vote can and does change results. And I can think of several people that could have influenced the results towards non-vk - but chose not to by abstaining.

So there's really no reason to rename it to "vk awards". Non-vk bands do have a chance of winning some categories.

i'm happy with the "most disappointing release" and "overhyped band" results. ( ̄ω ̄)

alice nine wins my heart~ (;∇;)

Satisfying results! and yeah The Gazette definitely deserve "The Most Overhyped band" award, tho i voted for Golden Bomber.

LOL I thought DIR EN GREY kinda sucked this year, but then again...oh well, at least my D boys won best mini <3 I voted for A's mini, but still glad they won something this year.

Yeah, I was wondering for the best ballad as well!

I'm kind of disappointed with this list, but that's mainly because I don't agree with pretty much every category :P I really liked Alice Nine's GEMINI though, so I'm kind if surprised it didn't make the list.

Disappointing results (oh well, I never agreed 100% with any MHster, take a note guys)

I thought Toxic was far from bad, perhaps even better than DSS which is a big clusterfuck anyway (that might change...or not :mrgreen: )

+

Personally I would place A and Mejibray into the spot of "the most overhyped bands" - I hate them, rly.

Agreeing with Chianti about Headache and Dub Reel Inch (note: self-awareness in the title) - that was the dullest album ever :(

I'm kind of disappointed with this list, but that's mainly because I don't agree with pretty much every category :P I really liked Alice Nine's GEMINI though, so I'm kind if surprised it didn't make the list.

hi sai let's besto friends. (;∇;)

thanks for the results!

btw, no best ballad? O.o

i saw many people voted for DIR EN GREY's VANITAS and 3 or more voted for D's Torikagogoten. :D

You're right. It's on my excel chart, but I must have overlooked it when making the post. Will add it in later.

hi sai let's besto friends. (;∇;)

Sure, why not :D

I didn't vote and agree with what Champ said so I'm not here to complain. I do agree with a lot of the most disappointing in 2011 results though hahaha. I didn't vote because I couldn't think of anything positive and the releases that I did like, I didn't think really deserve best of 2011 vote or they didn't come out in 2011 haha. Yeah yeah I suck.

There are Western releases that came out in 2011 that I think are great but this is limited to Japanese music and Japan Visual Kei was pretty disappointing this year. Either my favorite artists had pretty lack luster releases this year or new comers just haven't impressed me at all. I also gauge it by replay value, Misaruka's singles replayable? Yes! Versailles Holy Grail replayable? Not really.

I hope 2012 brings about some new great stuff from my favorite artists.

Sign in to follow this