Sign in to follow this  
Aion

[FRA] Les Ramoneurs de menhirs

OHP

MySpace

Les Ramoneurs de menhirs is a Breton celtic punk group formed in 2006. Its members include Éric Gorce on the bombardon, Richard Bévillon on the bagpipes, the traditional vannetais singer Maurice Jouanno and Loran, guitarist from the group Bérurier Noir. They play concerts at fest noz as well as normal rock concerts. Most of their songs are sung in Breton.

The group formed in 2006 after Bévillon and Gorce invited Louise Ébrel, Maurice Jouanno and the ex-Bérurier Noir Loran on their album of traditional Breton music Kerne Izel, released on Coop Breizh[1]. Their first album, Dañs an Diaoul (The Dance of the devil) was released in 2006 by the former label of Bérurier Noir, Folklore de la zone mondiale. The singer Louise Ébrel, daughter of Eugénie Goadec, a famous traditional Breton musician, guests on several songs on the album.

Les Ramoneurs de menhirs participated at the Festival Interceltique de Lorient in 2007[2], having performed outside the official programme. They also played at the BetiZFest. From January 2008, they went on tour in Europe (Scotland, France, Switzerland). During their tour in Scotland, they supported the Scottish celtic punk group Oi Polloi along with Na Gathan[3]. In April 2008, the group won the category "Musical Group" at the competition Kan Ar Bobl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Ramoneurs_de_menhirs

Never heard of them untill a week or 2 ago, but then they were announced for Lowlands Festival 2012, and since then I really love listening to them. Most of the songs are just gibberish to me. I know some French, but Breton is just way different xD

But one thing is for sure, it is addicting as fuck xD

n6pJ4PriGzQ

g4JL7aqU-xU

k2IIlDlWAL4

Sign in to follow this