Spike760

[METAL] Slipknot

Slipknot

Similar Japanese Artists: deathgaze

366.jpg

Slipknot is a nine-piece alternative/nu metal band from Des Moines, Iowa (United States). Aside from their real names, members of the band are also referred to by numbers 0 through 8.(#0 Sid Wilson, #1 Joey Jordison, #2 Paul Gray, #3 Chris Fehn, #4 James Root, #5 Craig Jones, #6 Shawn Crahan, #7 Mick Thomson & #8 Corey Taylor)

Slipknot is known for its strange and often frightening image; the members wear matching uniform jumpsuits all of which have the UPC barcode 742617000027 printed on them (The barcode from their first album Mate, Feed , Kill, Repeat) and each has a unique mask which they are never seen without (on any official Slipknot material) until the interviews on their latest DVD - Voliminal: Inside the Nine, and partially on the music video for the song, Before I Forget. Each member has made a distinct change to their masks after each studio album. Several members have several masks that are interchanged during any one time period, most notably Chris (#3) and Sid (#0).

The band released many different DVDs, the first official one titled 'Disasterpieces' (named after the song Disasterpiece off 'Iowa') filmed at the London Arena on February 16th 2002 by over 32 cameras, including cameras fitted on each of the masks worn by the band. During this show Sid (#0) went into the crowd for the song Spit it Out and someone managed to get the camera from his mask, it was returned after the show. After the success of Disasterpieces going triple platinum Slipknot officially released an old "home video" after that titled,'Welcome to our Neighborhood' It was a short DVD including interviews, live performances of Surfacing, and Wait and Bleed, and it included the music videos for Spit It Out, and Scissors. Their latest DVD, titled, Voliminal: Inside the 9, contains a unique look at the band and their life. It also contains music videos, live performances and interviews with the band members (in which they appear unmasked).

You guys probably already know them, but yeah, I figured I'd post. I like them, this is the kind of stuff I listened to before I got into Dir en grey which got me into J-Rock. They're pretty hardcore, their newer stuff is kind of lighter, I'll post a demo or something if you guys want to try them out, for those who haven't. It's kind of repetitive stuff with decent melodies, I'd still suggest J-Rock over it, but they're not bad.

Slipknot - Wait and Bleed

Slipknot - My Plague

omgosh! american music! *gasp* xD

I haven't listened to slipknot all that much, it's good and all but I just couldn't quite get into it

I'm thinking if you like deathgaze, you'll like them. They have a real similar song. Like when I first heard deathgaze, I immediately thought of Slipknot.

well i like deathgaze but i don't remember liking slipknot xD but also if i think about it i don't listen to deathgaze not even nearly as much as i listen to alot of other bands

I'd suggest trying out "Wait and Bleed" if you want to listen to them, a lot of people like that song the most who don't like hardcore songs as much, because it has a melodic chorus that's pretty catchy, the verses is still a lot of yelling, but overall it's a pretty good song.

I agree, especially when deathgaze had Hazuki, lol. xD

I don't know, I think a lot of Japanese vocalists are better than American one's, lol but that's just my opinion, maybe it's the dialect or something, but I feel that the Japanese melodies are a lot better than American one's as well, but maybe I'm just not listening to the right American music.

I agree, especially when deathgaze had Hazuki, lol. xD

I don't know, I think a lot of Japanese vocalists are better than American one's, lol but that's just my opinion, maybe it's the dialect or something, but I feel that the Japanese melodies are a lot better than American one's as well, but maybe I'm just not listening to the right American music.

lol

i think american music needs to get on the ball and do something like oto-oni and stupid freaks (silly fools, lmao)

Similar Japanese Artists: deathgaze

no offense' date=' but wtf? lol [/quote']

You don't think that Slipknot sounds like deathgaze? It's like the exact same music, lol. Except deathgaze is better, lol.

294036224052 sounds just like something that Slipknot would do but with less singing probably, lol.

i guess some of their older songs are kindof alike, but from iowa and newer, not really

id say slipknot is more 'melodic' or 'less-heavy' or 'more gay' anyway

Haha yeah Vol 3 Subliminal Verses, kind of sucked, I liked "Duality" and maybe a couple other tracks, but like their self-titled album is the best. It's so intense. xD

It's a term coined by Manowar to refer to hair metal bands back in the days. It's since been repurposed to refer to numetal bands, sometimes hardcore bands, and presupposes that something is automatically better by being "metal". Spend one night at my job, and 99% of the metal bands that populate the place will prove that wrong.

Also, someone needs to make a Manowar artist page.

I like their music, but not the vocals. This makes it hard for me to enjoy any of their songs.

I enjoy some of their songs, as My Plague or All hope is gone. But I don't listen often to them. Anyway, I don't like who is like OMG THIS IS FAKE METAL FUCKING METALCORE 592690260. I mean... if I like a thing, I don't care what is considered by others and if it's "true" metal or not. Am I right?

snap ftw.

And i still looking for hard copy of mate fate kill repeat. That one are hard to find, with proper price.

I doubt they would go on after losing Paul Gray though :(