Spike760

[METAL] Slipknot

snap ftw.

And i still looking for hard copy of mate fate kill repeat. That one are hard to find, with proper price.

I doubt they would go on after losing Paul Gray though :(

They still haven't decided yet, still going through mourning but they will decide after Corey finishes with Stone Sour and Joey with Murderdolls

I love them. And I'm looking forward to Murderdolls' new album which I'm sure is going to kick some serious ass :B

I have a green vinyl of mate feed kill repeat, and i have it on cd as well,but i dont know for sure how "authentic" they are >.>

They are on my top 3 american bands.

I like stone sour and murderdolls too. But i didnt like the new murderdolls song a lot :/

And guys,really i dont think you can compare deathgaze to slipknot. Deathgaze are soooo influenced from slipknot and yeah their songs (some of them) could be slipknots,but just because they are so influenced.

i'm curious how they intend to go on w/o paul - there will be probably a bigger pause to find some1 to fill in the bassist duty

DEATHGAZE is my favorite Japanese band, and Slipknot is one of my favorite western bands.

They're also amazing live, I saw them last summer.

yeah, i quite aagree with you there. But it still got some gems.

I like SNUFF, Gematria, Gehenna and Sulfur from that album.

I love them. And I'm looking forward to Murderdolls' new album which I'm sure is going to kick some serious ass :B
A new Murderdolls album would probably be good, at least if they continue using Frankenstein Drag Queens from Planet 13 and Maniac Spider Trash songs. But I doubt they'll do that on Women and Children Last. But the main problem with Murderdolls was the horrible production. You don't trig (trigged) drums when it comes to punk. You shouldn't do that in general, but in Punk it's worse than in anything else. But both FDFP13 and MST are awesome bands!

And I don't know why you mentioned Murderdolls in this thread anyway.

As for Slipknot. I like a lot of what they've done.

Iowa is their best IMO. Their most metal, brutale and well-written album ever. It sounds extremely complete and the ending song, the 15 minute long title track is by far the darkest song I ever heard. Well done!

Then Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat. is their second best release. They don't consider it "official" but it was released by them so I consider it a Slipknot album. Great, wicked and experimental. Totally different from what to come late but still great.

Slipknot is a really great album, but lacks a little. The album is too long and should have been cut down 10-15 minutes.

Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) is good, though far from amazing. But I don't mind listening to it now and then.

All Hope Is Gone is decent, but not all that. Only a few really good songs.

But this band is best when seen live. Massive! I was lucky enough to see them some years ago. :)

And I don't like Deathgaze at all. They have a few similarities, but I don't think they sound anything like eachother. ;)

the track Iowa was originally 3-4 minutes song or so though, the demo one i mean.

And it sounded crappy, that kept me wondering how they can turn that lame demo into 15 minutes of... Amazing-ness. That was Amazing!

Edit: and i agree, they are live band. Amazing and offers their audience a pure relieve. I didn't catch them during Vol.3 and All Hope is Gone tours. But the first 2 for Self titled and Iowa tours, i was there and it was a thrill!

Edit: and i agree, they are live band. Amazing and offers their audience a pure relieve. I didn't catch them during Vol.3 and All Hope is Gone tours. But the first 2 for Self titled and Iowa tours, i was there and it was a thrill!
No offense but you sound old. Hehe! I'm not that old I could have seen them back then. I saw them opening for Slayer, playing after Mastodon which also did an amazing job. And that was after Vol. 3. You got all the best songs from the three first and that was great. Just the amazing songs. None of the "good but not good enough" songs. :)

maybe 'cuz Joey is in this band too?

I don't know... another reason you think?

No offense but you sound old. Hehe! I'm not that old I could have seen them back then. I saw them opening for Slayer, playing after Mastodon which also did an amazing job. And that was after Vol. 3. You got all the best songs from the three first and that was great. Just the amazing songs. None of the "good but not good enough" songs. :)
Hahah, no worries. no offense taken :D

yes, thing that we can expect from their concert, always massive,

always crazy. And good thing is most audiences were very responsive on their concerts. it makes a concert concert.

maybe 'cuz Joey is in this band too?

I don't know... another reason you think?

Still not a good reason. They have nothing in common music-wise, 13/15 songs are old Frankenstein Drag Queens from Planet 13 written by 13 way before he even talked to Joey and so on. Joey basically did what he got told on that album, like he was 13's slave.

It's weird to think about the fact that Paul Gray used to be in Anal Blast.

Why not? THey have the usual two guitarists, one bassist, a drummer and vovcalist. But then they have a guy who does the effects and two that's going with extra drum for more power and such, which is working fine both on record and live.And since two of the drummers don't drum al the time they also have a lot of time to show off live and make some extra noise and make the audience go more nuts. Works very well!

And to those who says the two extra drummers don't have a meaning: they do! Listen to the extra power they get with the extra drummers. They also do some backing vocals which wors out extremelt well.

And if you're gonna get into Slipknot start at the begining.

lol. I was listening to them again in this week and god. Iowa is definitely their best release. Going to buy it. But why The Shape is such an underrated song? It's amazing!

lol. I was listening to them again in this week and god. Iowa is definitely their best release. Going to buy it. But why The Shape is such an underrated song? It's amazing!

I love The Shape too! Skin Ticket is also a nice one. :)

And I agree, my fave is Iowa too (plus, you'll see that the booklet looks really cool!), but their self-titled comes pretty close too. Actually, the only album I just couldn't really get into is Vol.3.

Sort-of-good news! Joey and Shawn said that the band will most likely do a new album in the future, being similar to the Iowa album, only with more sorrow and insanity. They plan to bring out a provocative release, possibly a concept album (but that's only a possibility, not a fixed info). Corey said however that they'll need some time now, after doing their shows without Paul (it's understandable IMO). They need to find their focus and united power as a band again, so while he didn't rule out the possibility of a new album, he said it won't happen really really soon.

plus Corey seems hesitating to move on as of now.

He said in an interview that the band will absolutely have new album in the future,

but it won't happen soon. Citing Paul Gray's death as one of the reason.

Saying Slipknot is like family and losing a family member always sucks.

While Joey said they would have new album, even if that means without Corey.

Btw, some of them also wearing their old masks again

for live show tour this year, they also wearing their orange overalls again,

just like the one in their debut album era.

And their ex guitarist, Josh Brainard were acting

as bassist on backstage while #2 costume and mask were placed on stage.