Spike760

[METAL] Slipknot

Their show was simply awesome in Rock in Rio. Just started listening to them again, forgot how awesome they were. And 'Til We DIe > Life. XD

SLIPKNOT: 10th-Anniversary Reissue Of 'Iowa' Due In November

The 10th-anniversary reissue of SLIPKNOT's sophomore album, "Iowa", will be made available on November 1 via Roadrunner Records. The 2CD/1DVD set will include the original album; previously unreleased live audio from the band's 2002 DVD "Disasterpieces"; and "Goat", an-hour long film capturing the insanity that was "Iowa".

I'm already pumped!

In the last 10 months I bought the Sicnesses DVD, the 9.0: Live CD (very awesome) and also Stone Sour stuff.

I wanna see them live very soon!!!

First I didnt like "Surfacing", but now it became my "new national fucking anthem" (like Corey always says^^)

Other songs, which one should listen to:

- The Blister exists

- Sic

- Three nil

- Heretic Anthem

- People = Shit

- Gematria

- Spit it out (live its epic. I think you know, whats happening there^^)

Songs by Stone Sour:

- Socio

- 1st person

- Digital

- The bitter end

- Through glass

My early guilty pleasure

I've gotta say that the self-titled and Iowa are my nostalgia jam

/ some people are really gonna hate me after this.

I've heard some tentative rumors here and there but looks like it's now official: Corey and Shawn launched their own TV/film production company called Living Breathing Films, and they already have a film in development (plus there'll be more projects for this year).

(source & more info)

Being the simplistic guy that I am, I frankly just want a new Slipknot album, not Stone Sour/movies/etc. xD

Well, as this thread is really dead, I've decided to up this topic to talk about the band news. 

As you all know, Joey "left" the band. He's on a new band now, Scar the Martyr. 

What do you think about that ? Disappointed ? Can you imagine a future for Slipknot without their drummer ? Lemme know your thoughts about that.

Personally, I feel bad for one of my first and prefered bands. They lose an important member who is irreplaceable.

Concerning the news, there are mostly rumors. I read that the band was in studio and that a new song is coming soon. I don't know, wait & see. 

And for the social networks, as you all already noticed, they changed their profile picture and headers in a simple black colour. What do you guys think it means ?

They also announced a new Knotfest festival in Japan. 

I think that's nearly all, or at least, it's all that I know for the moment.

If you guys have news about the band, it would be nice to share it in this topic.

See ya !

I have no problems with Joey leaving/getting fired. Decent drummer and all that, but I doubt he's all that important for Slipknot's sound. Bands changes members all the time without anything happening to the sound of the band, so I don't have any problem with it at all. Joey isn't exactly the most exciting drummer in the world either, so eheh. All Hope Is Gone was disappointing as fuck, so I hope they've found some new inspiration for the upcomming album.

Well, I agree with you, but I was talking above all about his seniority in the band. That was so unexpected. If someone had told me that before his departure he was leaving the band, I would have lol'd so hard. And conerning a possible arrival of a new member, what do you think ? 

Personally, All Hope Is Gone disappointed me at the first listen, but then I realized that it was a good album, not their best, but good. I really liked Sulfur, Psychosocial, Dead Memories, Gehenna, Snuff, All Hope Is Gone, 'Til We Die... But yeah, they did better. 

I really love this song, can't wait for the clip and for more info about the new album. it's a back to basics, and it's fucking awesome.

There was a time (during my teen years) when i listened to quite a lot of slipknot songs. Liked duality, psychosocial, sulfur, people = shit, wait and bleed.

wow, this has to be the most gutless sound i've heard from a metal band in a long time. i hope this isn't the final mastering...

Dude, this is just some shitty stream on a website. xD Slipknot's stuff always sounds on-point (for me at least) so I bet they won't disappoint in that regard this time either.

sounds like the turntablist and the sampler dude had something to do on the new song. hah, good for them.

did they have anything to do on the last record? :)

I liked the new song but it sounded pretty generic. Did I listen to it the wrong way?

Gorgeous. I have high hopes for the album just from this song. Hopefully it doesn't go in the same direction as AHIG.

That sounds pretty good. It's nice to hear them returning more to their original sound after the disappointing All Hope Is Gone, without just copying themself. Looking forward to the album.

New song "The Devil in I" from the upcoming album.

Soooo good. Slipknot is back, guys!

They managed to make something decent despite what happened recently to the band. That's really laudable tbh.