Jump to content
Spike760

[METAL] Slipknot

Recommended Posts

On 5/18/2019 at 2:13 PM, Bear said:

It sounds like Slipknot. Nothing new under the sun, but I can dig that. I really like the cover art too.

With you 100%. + Corey, Sid and the new guys masks are all pretty crappy. I guess it's early days and the new guy is focusing on his peformance over anything else but his stage presence is pretty minimal from those clips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, this is pretty great.

 

 

I could do without the first minute-or-so (I don't think it goes well with the rest of the song at all), but other than that, this might one of the most enjoyable 'Knot tracks in recent memory for me. Parts like the one from 02:05 onwards bring back that good ol' slammin' aggro-Slipknot vibe I've been missing.

Edited by Jigsaw9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be as hard as Iowa, but it doesn't sound nearly as aggressive or dark as Iowa. But Iowa is quite a special case as far as this type of modern music goes, so it's not to be expected. It does however look like it's gonna be their best album since Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) tho. Which is awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ghost said:

Digging the new knot. Still bummed All out life isn't on the album any more. Thought it was better than Unsainted. 

 That track will be bonus track for Japan release, from what I saw on CDJapan. They always get that kind of perks. Which made me pre-ordered that version of CD instead of the one in their own website. Like, those swags on the bundle are cool and all, but.. :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LIDL said:

 That track will be bonus track for Japan release, from what I saw on CDJapan. They always get that kind of perks. Which made me pre-ordered that version of CD instead of the one in their own website. Like, those swags on the bundle are cool and all, but.. :D

 

 

Shoot, that's lame. I always like getting vinyl when I can so I pre-ordered that from their site, but I just assumed OTL would be on the album!

 

I'm actually pretty excited for WANYK. I expected them to kind of just fizzle out after .5, but it seems like they're going stronger than ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ghost said:

 

Shoot, that's lame. I always like getting vinyl when I can so I pre-ordered that from their site, but I just assumed OTL would be on the album!

 

I'm actually pretty excited for WANYK. I expected them to kind of just fizzle out after .5, but it seems like they're going stronger than ever. 

 

I am still hoping they'd release that song on stand alone vinyl, maybe for Record Day.

 

I heard rumor that song may have Chris Fehn as co-writer, which is why it is excluded from the album now. So no more lawsuits will happen. But I'll take this with grains of salt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LIDL said:

 

I am still hoping they'd release that song on stand alone vinyl, maybe for Record Day.

 

I heard rumor that song may have Chris Fehn as co-writer, which is why it is excluded from the album now. So no more lawsuits will happen. But I'll take this with grains of salt.

We can hope!

I heard that too. According to the band though, the song "doesn't fit" on the album anymore and that's why it's no longer included. Please though, it doesn't sound all that different than the other 2 singles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 9:14 PM, ghost said:

We can hope!

I heard that too. According to the band though, the song "doesn't fit" on the album anymore and that's why it's no longer included. Please though, it doesn't sound all that different than the other 2 singles.

Yeah, everyone who hears it knows, :D probably they just saying that to avoid dramas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This  album is a completely different level of absolute perfection. Every song stands out as amazing, and they all mix together aggression and melody in an amazing way. It has songs like "The Blister Exists," "Before I Forget," "Circle," and the two-part "Vermillion." Lastly, instead of sounding over-produced and unoriginal, the album has a unique raw sound that ends up defining it 

Vol 3 is the best thing to cum out of the band 

Their best song mtv voted duality their grammy award winner song before I forget 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...