Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

"The most difficult/standoff" albums

Well, the main point is that I just felt like I want to challenge myself once again in music, and broaden my musical horizons even further by trying out the hardest bits of popular/unpopular music.

The main issue in this "experimenting" is that I don't know where to start, and this whole industrial-o-ganza/Bungle-istic madness I've been sucked into isn't just enough for me. :oshi:

So, can anyone of you try to lend me a helping hand and suggest these sc. "most difficult albums to get into", please? :)

Ps. All genres are welcome!

some information aout what you find difficult would be useful, i know quite a lot of people that might find borderline-difficult albums like

mono+w.e.g. - palmless prayer (post - something..)

1CD77axsUCc

or sunn o)))+boris - altar (drone/doom)

ohgu2NWdW7Q

already pretty difficult (myself included, took a while...)

a completely different direction might be

squarepusher (D'n'B / Noise / funk /...)

BxEb2FrQUbE

Atari Teenage Riot (Digital Hardcore)

-L4DOLWSiGQ

but as i said, this isn't really fucked up freakshit, it's just pretty close to it, depending on one's viewpoint

KCYCii1Uk3I

Cecil Taylor - Unit Structures

All Cecil Taylor's albums that I've managed to listen to so far have easily been the hardest and the most attention demanding works I've ever heard. Well free/semi-free jazz is some of the hardest music to get into that I can think of, but it's immensely rewarding.

Not related but I'll put this here as well since it's one of my favorite jazz albums, Eric Dolphy's Out There.

l54d4eiFTVQ

Gorguts - Obscura

This one you are aware of already! But I'm putting it in here anyway because it fits in here perfectly. The all notes here have emotional weight par none in it's genre, and it's one of the darkest and heaviest metal albums I know, but also one of the most beautiful. A perfect summary of metal for me.

9T1heDyUeFw

Melt-Banana - Speak Squeak Creak

Old Melt-Banana is ruthless for people who aren't used to actually paying attention while listening to music, and usually just put it off after the vocals kick in. Speak Squeak Creak album is a treasure trove of instrumental gold, and the vocals do serve a purpose in the extremity so better get used to them and appreciate the stripped down light speed destruction.

XxizB02d0gE

Demilich - Nespithe

Another fantastic band that many people who have trouble concentrating skip because of the vocals. Don't focus on the individual aspects of albums goddammit! " Those vocals don't sound pleasing to me nmnmnm that drum sound is kinda uhmnmn " It's the whole and what kind of a picture all of it creates that's important.

Maybe I can think of more non-metal stuff later.

Kengo Iuchi.

3cAT-gSP4gw

or better yet, his fantastic collab with MSBR.

JTwc2LnYVuc

Cremation Lily is a good one too. anything on Strange Rules will fit this thread pretty well.

8lmBRgk83FA

Blut Aus Nord - MoRT

zH6KJEZc3G8

Much of Ryoji Ikeda's work, but I'll link something from dataplex

fr_BeR_1RE4

Just because of its scope (and the abrasiveness of disc 1), Pan Sonic's quadruple-album Kesto (234.48:4)

qLMaUnGE4bU

Sign in to follow this