Sign in to follow this  
doaseternity6

[alternative/hard rock] 10 Years

250995.jpg

^will look for a bigger picture later

10 Years were initially formed in Knoxville, Tennessee in 1999 with singer Mike Underdown, Drummer Brian Vodinh, Bassist Lewis Cosby, and Guitarists Ryan "Tater" Johnson and Matt Wantland. In 2001 Cosby left the band who soon recuited Andy Parks on bass and independantly went into recording Into the Half Moon in the same year, before long recruited current vocalist Jesse Hasek from another local band. In 2002 Parks Decided to leave the band, then former bassist Lewis Cosby returned, to complete the line up we know today. The band then released their independent album Killing All That Holds You in 2004, with the songs "Wasteland" and "Through The Iris" picking up regional radio play. 10 Years were then signed to Republic/Universal in 2005 and released their major label debut, The Autumn Effect on August 16, 2005. That same summer the band toured with Disturbed and Ill Niño. In the fall of 2005, they toured with Breaking Benjamin and Smile Empty Soul, then followed up with the Masters of Horror tour with Mudvayne and Sevendust. They also opened for Korn and Mudvayne on Korn's See You On The Other Side tour. They recently finished touring with Korn and Deftones on the Family Values Tour, which started in late July 2006.

Mid-2006, the band toured Australia in a lineup which included Hatebreed, Disturbed and Korn

Their first single, "Wasteland" spent over 12 months on the Rock charts, finally reaching #1 at Active Rock in December 2005. In mid February 2006, "Wasteland" reached #1 on both Alternative and Billboard Modern Rock charts. 10 Years is the first band since June 2004 to reach #1 with their debut single.[citation needed]. Their first two singles, Through the Iris and Wasteland, have been certified Gold by the RIAA.

Their first music video, "Wasteland", addresses the social problem of human rights around the world. The video received a nomination for Best Direction and Best Art Direction at the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards, but failed to win either award.

On March 27, an EP was released on iTunes containing acoustic versions of "Wasteland" and other tracks from their debut album The Autumn Effect.

As of late fall 2006, the band is back writing music for their second major label CD, slated to be recorded in first quarter 2007 and released in the third quarter of 2007.

Bassist Lewis Cosby has stated in an interview with The Rock Radio that a tentative title for the album is Bye Design.[1]

On May 21, 2007 a demo song titled "All Your Lies" from their upcoming album was released onto their Myspace along with a post stating the band had chosen producer Rick Parasher to produce the new album. On September 7, the band announced on their Myspace that the album was finished and would be released in 2008, following a tour with Sevendust and Operator.

I first heard them when i went to see Dir en grey at family values tour and i loved their perf. so from then i got The Autum Effect album and it's honestly one of my favorite albums. It should also be noted that sometime around novemeber they willhead to japan and do a few shows with Dir en grey ...which makes me envious because i think DEG and 10 years should play sows together here >._> also i can't wait for the new album! it's been announced that it will be out in march T.T soo far away...

here's their myspace page to sample some songs:

http://www.myspace.com/10years

The autumn effect:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cmvmtkt7jxy

Prey sounds pretty cool, but the other songs didn't really do too much for me, I don't know it's really hard for me to get into American music for some reason. ><;;

Ok I will.

Edit: Ok I'm like half way through the CD, it's not bad, but like I'm not really getting into it either, like I don't really remember any of the songs. :\

it's okay hehe (actually the same happened to me and AFI so we're even xD)

let's see oh yes i've gotten a hold of their first album thingy killing all that holds you but it's missing tracks 5 and 7 >.

(this is mostly directed to shogu though xD)

Sign in to follow this