Sign in to follow this  
Prism

[Gothic metal] Entwine

Haha, I know I managed to get what? 3 of you into them? xD And I'm glad, because they pwnzinate. <3 FINLAND. xD

380148.jpg

ENTWINE is one of the most progressive Finnish gothic metal bands for the last decade. It was formed in March 1995 and started as a death metal band but gradually changed its style to a more melodical but still emotional one. In the beginning ENTWINE consisted of three members - Aksu Hanttu (drums), Tom Mikkola (guitar/vocals) and Teppo Taipale (bass), but they realised that they need a better vocalist and even a keyboardist, so they could do the music they really wanted.

After some member changes, ENTWINE contained 6 members: Hanttu, Mikkola, Riitta Heikkonen (keyboards), Mika Tauriainen (vocals), Joni Miettinen (bass) and Jaani Kähkönen (guitar). With this line-up they released their last three albums, the latest being Fatal Design in 2006. Heikkonen left in December 2006, and the band is not going to replace her. The gothic influence is not that visible nowadays as it used to be and the band has moved towards more straight-forward radio-playable hard rock. Meanwhile, their experience brings confidence to their song-writing and performance on both record and stage.

OHP

Official Myspace

last.fm page

Good stuff. :)

oh, yesss!

thought i should i reply here to express my love for this band and you for infecting me xD

really, very very very very good one.

and somehow i feel that this section will be mostly filled with finnish bands ^^

They're from Finland and i've never heard their music, lol XD

I saw a poster thing of them in school this week ^^;

They're from Finland and i've never heard their music, lol XD

I saw a poster thing of them in school this week ^^;

Yeah Finnish Metal is amazing, I still want to get some of their stuff though. D:

Finnish Metal is the greatest thing ever after J-Rock. <3

Jake...wait, YOU like them? xD Just kidding, I'll upload you their newest album, seeing as all the myspace songs are from it. :D

Ok cool thank you very much.

Yeah, I realized I'm really picky about things, but yeah, they sound pretty awesome.

How come that one girl is in like only half of the pictures, lol.

Yeah I dunno. She's not listed on their myspace, but some girl is on the OHP (dunno if it's the same girl, actually xD) and that same one is in the Surrender PV aswell. Not sure, lol.

Oh my, this is suprising o.o

Lol, kidding :3

(Yay, Finland <3)

And I can check out that girl stuff, from their finnish fans.

*hearts Prism <3 for the Finnish influence*

Ah Entwine used to be my favorite band. I still like them very much though. I own all of their stuff (well...not the demo)

I just LOVE Mika's voice, it's really beaufitul (especially live)

And Riitta isn't in the band anymore so I think that's why She's not in every pic^^ (they should renew their site, Riitta left last year)

Sign in to follow this