CAT5

SONG OF THE DAY! ^__^

@Velovelo: I'd never heard of The Red Paintings, but am quite impressed by the track you shared. Guess I'll be looking for more from them. Thanks!

For those out there that enjoy good rock/indie instrumental music, I really recommend El Ten Eleven.

Gorod - Transcendence

Gorod is actually one of the best Tech-Death Bands out there. I usually don´t like most of the Tech-Death Bands, because they only mean to be a bunch of Wankers, masturbating on their Instruments. But Gorod are different, because they know how to write proper Songs, keeping a perfect Balance between Technicality and Melodies. They almost always remember to put new surprising Elements to their Compositions to avoid the Music from being boring after a couple of Listenings already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbZIGAURtsg 

Well, my first "Finn appreciation post" here:

So basically, this is the cover of Kotiteollisuus' (Finnish hard rock/heavy metal band) song, and unlike most Finns out there, I dig the cover much more (to the point where I actually despise the original). Why though?

First of all, lyrics (one of the certain elements I pay attention to in the first place whenever I listen to Finnish music) - I find it quite tacky that some nasty, "macho" Finnish metalhead sings about crying a river on his "hem/skirt" and some sort of underlying "sad romance" (especially during the last line of chorus - "the birches of hell whisper the names of us two").

Also, cover's gospellish aura fits lyrics' atmosphere pretty well - and to support my previous opinion, I say that this is definitely a "female" song. Sorry, Kotiteollisuus.

On-topic: I hummed and sung this at some point while returning from the campus, so I felt like listening to this nice piece :)

/overanalyzingmuch

Sorry, it's Vimeo, because YT sucks balls with their copyright shit in Germany.

But I've fallen in love with Royal Blood. These guys are just a duo (from the UK) - Bass/Vocals and Drums - but fuck, they sound so fat. I'm totally addicted to them, especially because they are so raw (but not toooo brutal) and kind of have an old MUSE vibe going on. Shit's delicious, try it out if you like Britrock.

Can't wait to see these guys live someday!

I heard them for the first time the other day at a concert and I didn't want their set to end, they were amazing.
So I've been listening to them on yt pretty much all day.

I used to be obsessed with this song years ago and I randomly had a ridiculous urge to hear it again. It was driving me crazy because I couldn't for the life of me remember who sang it. I was just drawing a huge blank on the band name and finally metalcorebot on twitter mentioned a different song today and it was THAT'S THEM. YES. Ah, nostalgia.