Sign in to follow this  
Prism

[Melancholic rock] ShamRain

This is the band that Entwine's vocalist Mika Tauriainen is a part of. Both bands are still going. Entwine released Fatal Design at the end of 2006, and ShamRain have a new album out in like 16 days. ^_^ Can't wait to hear it.

265355.jpg

Brief ShamRain history.

One gloomy night, October 2000, two Finns come up with an idea of a band playing slow, dreamlike material. During the winter, some songs are written, and afterwards recorded. At this point this two man orchestra is forced to grow. They need someone to vocalize their words scribbled down in distress. Luckily, a suitable interpreter is close to be found. In autumn 2001 this trio shuts off in a bunker deep underground, to give birth to the first ShamRain - release. Pieces EP finally sees the light of day the next February.

In 2002 more songs were written, and a full length album planned. The orchestra keeps growing slowly, as their first permanent guitarist joins. In the beginning of 2003, the band signs a record deal with an Italian label, Watch Me Fall - Records. The recordings of a debut album, Empty World Excursion, take place during the summer and autumn. By this time, the bands music has evolved into a combination of dark melancholic rock and slow, ethereal elements. EWE is put out by WMF in December 2003 and gains a lot of good reviews.

The following year, the band records a few unused songs written for EWE and The Cure - cover song 'Charlotte Sometimes. 'Charlotte' is released in a The Cure - tribute album 'Other Voices', and other songs as a 7" vinyl, simply called the "ShamRain EP". Their own label UTU Music puts out the vinyl. Also new songs are written during the spring and summer. In autumn 2004, demo sessions for the 2nd album slowly begin and 13 new songs get recorded. During the sessions a second guitarist is recruited to enforce the band. The deal with WMF is dissolved and a new deal is made with Finnish label Firebox - Records. In December recordings of a new album finally get started at Akun Tehdas and the sessions stretch to last almost 4 months, before getting the final touch at FinnVox studios. The album is titled 'Someplace Else' and it includes some new elements, still being a logical sequel to EWE.

Some of you might think their music is boring or whatever, but I think it's beautiful and really well done. And I think it's awesome how Mika can do two different types of music amazingly. It's just awesome. Oh, and their myspace has previews for 2 new songs from the upcoming album 'Goodbye To All That'. 'Silent Lullaby' is amazing. <3333

OHP

Official Myspace

last.fm page

Aw, I was hoping to find some downloadz here. ;_;

I'm having some good impressions of what they sound due to past experiences, but I'm wanting to try first.

Well I still have SOAD's Mezmerize, 2 RIDDLE albums and Entwine's Fatal Design to upload, so it'd be kinda hard to have done that already. :/

...but I will soon.

I think I don't have to say why I like this band :D (if you look the Entwine topic you find the answer there)

Can't wait for the new album.

And I'm so friggin' proud to be a Finn XD

I think I don't have to say why I like this band :D (if you look the Entwine topic you find the answer there)

Can't wait for the new album.

And I'm so friggin' proud to be a Finn XD

*hails*

I'm glad you are proud!

I'm sometimes bit too proud xD

Then try Entwine. I personally prefer Entwine, but I can't help but love Mika with these guys aswell. I just got "Goodbye To All That" yesterday. It's a really awesome album.

Sign in to follow this