Sign in to follow this  
The Bread Wolf

[Games] Amnesia

Said to be the scariest game of all time.

I have watched LPs of Amnesia countless times already and they still manage to give me chills. Yet, I watched Biopanda playing it while he was here and after the beginning - which resulted me running off the room squealing and holding a pillow - it wasn't that scary at all. :'D Maybe because Panda was way too good at it and managed to avoid nearly all monsters before they could even come near him and because I had watched so many LPs that I already knew what he was supposed to do, so I gave him instructions. The latter might have resulted the former (that's why he tried to forbid me to watch LPs of the new Amnesia game coming out in fall, so that we could play it together a bit later and this time be really scared since neither of us would have the slightest idea of what to do or where to run).

Though watching him play Justine ended up being an impossible task for me, because I indeed had no idea what to do or where to go. XD I haven't watched even one succesfull LP of it.

I tried playing Amnesia once, but I quit after a while. Whereas my commentary on the game was hilarious (according to those who were watching), I got too scared of the game because I couldn't handle the control keys too well. Meaning that I opened doors of all kinds to my face and ran to walls since I didn't have any sense of distance in the game. When there was a door on either side of me I'd turn too soon and hit the wall next to it. So I concluded that if one of the servants came after me, I'd die instantly because I'd either open a closet door to my face, resulting it to slam shut again, or I'd run to a wall and get killed in mere seconds.

How many of you have played Amnesia? Would you like to? Did you find it scary or not? How about Justine? Have you watched LPs of either one?

Played this at my friends house with the computer connected to the t.v with surround sounds to give the full thrill of it. I have to say this game is scary to play because of the ambience and I believe your characters breathing? is what just makes you not want to move what so ever. You just can't tell when things are going to pop up, everything is taunting you! The enviroment, sounds and illusions are just to much. The creators of this game perfected the level of scaryness.

You've already told about our adventures playing the game together(or well... me playing while you hid behind a pillow or ran across the room), so I don't really need to mention anything else there. I'm really looking forward to playing the sequel with you in a few months though and maybe even giving Justine another chance as well.

I was a huge fan of the ambiance in the game which by itself was scary, though I think it would have been even scarier if they included more water parts since those absolutely terrify me due to my phobias :'(

Panda, since you're a techical genius, can you also connect your laptop to my TV (or more like, the widescreen TV we have upstairs) and the surrond sound system like Heroin did? I WANNA TRY THAT OUT. Especially since we have like... um... 5 subwoofers, with two at the back, two at the sides and one in the middle, so think about servant sounds coming from behind your back~

Panda, since you're a techical genius, can you also connect your laptop to my TV (or more like, the widescreen TV we have upstairs) and the surrond sound system like Heroin did? I WANNA TRY THAT OUT. Especially since we have like... um... 5 subwoofers, with two at the back, two at the sides and one in the middle, so think about servant sounds coming from behind your back~

I can, most likely? It'll take a bit of figuring out, but I think that'd totally be worth it. I think it might be harder for you to run away in that situation as well.

Sign in to follow this