Sign in to follow this  
chickensoda

Mors Principium Est

Mors Principium Est

Similar Japanese Artists: Blood Stain Child

l_af8ce0b6a37d16b0e40ddc365390311f.jpg

In the beginning, back in the year 1999 in Pori, Finland, Mors Principium Est was established by the three founding members Jori, Jarkko and Toni. Percussion instruments were missing, but later in the same year Mikko joined the band to play the drums. Jori was playing lead guitar and vocals, Jarkko guitar and Toni keyboards. The band played for a while with this set, but in the beginning of year 2000 Jori got tired of singing and wanted to concentrate only in guitar. New singer was needed.

Meanwhile Ville had just left his old band and was looking for something new. He contacted the band and after audition he became the new vocalist. First demo was made without bass-player, but after Listenable Records got interested of the band a fulltime bass-player became necessary to find. In the year 2001 Teemu joined the band to play bass-guitar. Two more demos and few gigs were made and finally the hard work got rewarded.

2002 Listenable Records offered contract and the band signed a contract for 3 albums. The debut album "Inhumanity" was recorded & mixed by Ahti Kortelainen in Finland at Tico-Tico Studios, in December 2002 and mastered at Finnvox Studios, in January 2003. Album was released at spring 2003.

Second album "The Unborn" was recorded at Tico-Tico Studios, in November 2004 and mastered at Finnvox Studios, in December 2004. Album was released at spring 2005, except in USA it was released at the end of 2005.

One of the better melodic death metal bands to emerge in recent years, and they're overlooked quite often.

Sinners Defeat

Forgotten

And I was supposed to be a Finn, right? o.o

Never heard of them either.

Oh well, I haven't really ever listened to finnish rock that much xD

And I was supposed to be a Finn, right? o.o

Never heard of them either.

Oh well, I haven't really ever listened to finnish rock that much xD

Don't worry I haven't hear of them either until now :'D

Although I listen to lot of music like this.

They remind me of Noumena a little.

Sign in to follow this