Aion

What was the first album you bought?

Just out of curiousity, what was the first album you have bought with your own money?

Mine would be Garbage - Version 2.0 back in 1998.

ImageImage

rpRiSb_Ir-s

-kvXfNoTjsY

I just turned 14 and with some money I got for my birthday, I bought this album, which is, to date, still one of my all-time favourite albums.

So, what is yours?

Gundam Wing OST 2...I was 12 or 13 at the time and found it in a local store that had sold anime merchandise XD

My favorite track from the ost XD

rmCqQqbNZnI

600full-three-days-grace-cover.jpg

after conferring with my mom, it was decided it was this one.

8D everything else before this she'd bought for me lol.

but it was shit like the spice girls and britney spears L O L.

I remember!

19805665;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultImage

My first ever bought CD was Anssi Kela - Nummela when it was released (2001), meaning that I was 7 years old then. :'D And I still listen to his music...

hQ31mGfAl5c

I didn't buy my own first CD until I was like 11, because my parents used to buy the few CDs I wanted for me. Only when I got more into music I started buying stuff myself. In all honesty, I really don't remember what CD I bought on my own. I think it might've been a Nelly Furtado CD or so, I guess, since I was really into her when I was 10-11.

I didn't buy my own first CD until I was like 11, because my parents used to buy the few CDs I wanted for me. Only when I got more into music I started buying stuff myself. In all honesty, I really don't remember what CD I bought on my own. I think it might've been a Nelly Furtado CD or so, I guess, since I was really into her when I was 10-11.

I kinda had the same though. Got some CD by my mother (Smurfs \o/, and some omnibus) but I never really cared for music that much untill I was 13,5... If I wanted stuff, I mostly went to my aunt who had a lot of stuff I liked =)

Oh god those shitty smurfs cds, I'm crying just remembering them.

I think the first album I bought was a Korn CD when I was in my early teens

wow my taste was shitty

CD that i bought myself?

Definitely this,

Rthl_O4_G2o

Oh also, never forget this.

Many VK bands, hate it or not, have been taking this as example for their "COOL" music. :wan-07:

Ypkv0HeUvTc

I saved every dime and it was worth it!

Great topic! I'm working from my phone so I can't post the album art, but the first one I owned was Cèline Dion's Falling Into You. As a cassette tape anyway. First CD I ever owned was In Blue by The Corrs

1269418147_proud-like-a-god.jpg

I only got into music very late, when I was 14 or something like that… The first CD's I bought from my own money were the early guano apes releases (they were my favorite band for quite some time - too bad they changed their musical direction later on) and a very good compilation/V.A CD series called "CROSSING all OVER"…

Evanescence - Fallen. Bought it on the first day it came out and it's the best album they've done IMo. Dark rock with heavy metal guitars, gothic overtones, symphonic orchestrations and Amy's amazing vocals and lyrics.

Evanescence_Fallen_Front.jpg

Gi9S2YwHGGc

Before that, I had my walkman and cool rock radio stations to listen to and my dad's vast rock collection to paw through when I got interested in music.

I am pretty sure my first album was Mudvayne's End of All Things to Come. I was out of town for some field trip my first year in high school and me and my friends stopped by a used cd store and when I saw this, I just had to have it xD

TheEndOfThingsToCome.jpeg

I was very indecisive at the time buying this album since I rarely get money. I don't know why I chose it really. I just remember that I was happy when I bought it. Also this was during my metalhead phases, so I was a closed minded idiot lol

I still have it, don't care much for it. Don't get off to metal anymore.

119wm6b.jpg

tumblr_mb87i9UE1V1qfo293.jpg

Good Charlotte - The young and the hopeless

My first real band I started to love as a 12-year old, pretty sure I later gave away that CD and their other two albums to my sister.

515YEPYKPYL._SS500_.jpg

L'Arc~en~Ciel - AWAKE

L'Arc~en~Ciel's AWAKE album was the first album that I bought from Comic Alley store in 2007. It was easier to get than the my SABER TIGER's PARAGRAPH IV compilation album because it took me a month to receive SABER TIGER than the L'Arc~en~Ciel's AWAKE album for an instant from that store.

My really first cd who I buy with my own money it's [Coll;Set] by D'espairsRay

Never spend my own money for Album or single before this.

The first album I ever bought was Smashing Pumpkins' Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.

tumblr_meenxvZspb1qzy3k4.jpg

The first J-Rock Album I ever bought was Hyde's 666.

6662.jpg