Sign in to follow this  
Aion

Favourite Youtube shows

So yeah, when to kill time, there is always youtube to check out some PV's, funny's and more. In this thread I want to know what Youtube shows you're following.

And by shows, I don't mean channels, but really programs (or when a channel is actually a show at itself is allowed, but don't say something like UKproject's channel! or failblog channel)

I only follow 3 programs, and in random order they are:

TotalHalibut's "WTF is..."

https://www.youtube.com/show/wtfis

show length: 15-30 minutes

WTF is... is a show that gives a short review of what a game is by playing the first half hour of it or something like that. Why not watch a review by IGN or something? Well, TotalBiscuit (the host) is such a great comedian at what he does, and he really knows his shit. Besides, he mostly discusses indie-games, which I love.

Besides the WTF is...-show, I also sometimes follow his other shows, but WTF is... is the only one I really follow as it comes out.

TheFineBros' "React to"

show length: 7-12 minutes

"React to" is an award winning show by The Fine Brother's which involves kids, teens, elders and youtubers reactions to other youtube videos that stand out. Stuff being discusses are varying from dubstep to Nyan Cat to nigahiga to Jessica Black and even the American elections of last year.

I've been watching these videos for over a year by now, and almost loved every one of it. Though, their 4th installment (Youtubers React to...) is my least favourite actually. I really love their other new one Elders React to....

GeeksAndSundry's "TableTop"

show length: +/- 30 minutes

A show hosted by Wil Wheaton which involves Wil and 3 other 'nerds' playing boardgames as Small World, Catan and Munchkin. What's the fun of seeing 4 people playing a random boardgame? Well, I don't know, it's just fun to watch the nerdy comments they make from time to time, and it's fun to discover some new games through this program. (I really want to get Zombie Dice and Dixit thanks to this program)

So, what are your favourite youtube shows?

I follow The Vault Show. Basically about a fictional TV show where people are locked in rooms and have to solve puzzles. It's low-budget, it's cool.

Also Retsupurae, if it counts (I don't think it does), they make fun of bad youtube LPs and bad videogames

I was just thinking about starting a thread like this earlier XD. You beat me to it!

Extra Credits

uiYuBrApdyY

If you like video games and want to watch a show that is intelligent, look no further. I swear, every time I watch this show, it makes me wish I had gone in to video games instead. And you really do feel smarter for watching it. The high pitched voice can take a little while to get used to, but it is worth it. Technically, this is a Penny Arcade TV show, but w/e.

PeanutButterGamer

mqdefault.jpg

Plb8GegfL2U

I am not sure how to describe PBG. He is kind of a video game reviewer, but he plays mostly games that are older or are just weird. He also has his own brand of silly that really makes him unique. I enjoy his G-Files show the most, which is pretty much a look in to weird things in video games.

Rev3 Games

rev3-games_design.png

PDiO-HHv27o

I pretty much watch this channel for the “Sessler’s Something” show. Since I first saw him on X-Play so many years ago, he has always been one of my favorite Video Game “Personalities.” This format gives him a much better chance to do what he wants and I really enjoy it.

DigitalRev TV

JGP9yQ_B--A

This is pretty much the Top Gear of camera review shows. You don’t need to be in to cameras to enjoy it. It is silly, some of the episodes get off course, but overall it is often funny and well done. That and there is an Asian guy with a British accent lol.

=3

po8hmFDsxe0

If you visit youtube pretty much ever, you should know this one. The format of the show is about 4 minute episodes showcasing 3 viral videos each (and thus the name of the show). Ray is borderline annoying, but his shows are short and occasionally very funny.

freddiew

dXmMQJMFL_I

Awesome action packed video with incredible video editing. Occasionally funny, usually badass, and full of video game stuff, this makes for a great channel.

This is all I am going to post for now. I have more, but I will save those for later :)

Wreckless Eating is a channel I've been watching for a long time. They eat, do food challenges and review all sorts of things, and there are different shows for what they review, along with the main show which is where they eat some of the weirdest stuff (at least for Americans) imaginable. They also post A LOT of content - 1 to 2 videos daily, and have a video game/LP side channel.
If you like this channel, I suggest also checking out Cult Moo.

CookingWithDog is a cooking show that features a dog as the host, and a Japanese lady as the cook. She makes various Japanese dishes. I actually learned about her through MH... been subbed since then.

Continue? is basically three dudes on a couch playing retro games and having fun, even if the game is terrible. I always watch one of their episodes when I'm in a bad mood.

The shows on Youtube I watch are usually The Fingerdoo Review, Dragon Ball Z Abridged, YuGiOh Abridged, 50% Off, Mokey's Show, RRcherrypie, Anastasiya Shpagina, and The Archfiend.

OutTV's The Fingerdoo Review is basically reviews of episodes of RuPaul's Drag Race as done by drag queen Wilma Fingerdoo. She's pretty sassy, I like her, and she is willing to discuss about the episodes with people in the comments too. I like most of her view of Drag Race, and since season 6 is almost over, I'm gonna miss her for a while.

DBZ and YGO Abridged are pretty funny parodies of the said anime series. Although they've been kinda eh lately (especially DBZA), I still get a laugh out of them every once in a while when they update with a new episode.

50% Off is a parody of Free!, an anime that I actually don't watch. Too many Tumblr references, and not as funny as the other two abridged series, but I like some of their jokes. I look forward for more stuff from them.

Mokey's Show is about a derp meme version of Mickey getting into various antics, where he usually ends up getting killed. WARNING: May cause bleeding in the ears, especially if you're wearing headphones, so be sure to turn the volume down if you're sensitive. There's lots of screaming. xD Also, some broken English too.

RRcherrypie is a Japanese group who try out Japanese products, such as kids' toys and unique Japanese foods. Basically a cooking channel, without all the real food, just toy food usually. However, they're really sensitive, and don't usually like negative comments, or the fact that there's an imposter posing as them on Twitter. They make a lot of vids about that...

Anastasiya Shpagina is the "anime girl" who does makeup tutorials on Youtube. She makes herself out as various celebrities and characters, which is pretty awesome; I'm usually not into people who are famous just for their looks. Lately, she's been doing shitty celebs and doing other things, such as being her own shady self, but her vids are worth watching, and maybe can help with our own makeup skills.

The Archfiend is a vlogger who basically rants about all the buttfuckerys with the world, what's wrong with this and that, and his view on society in general. This guy really does have a point most of the time, and he's fun to listen to. He also makes vids about his dog, sports, and Top 5 countdowns, and other things.

I think I enjoy Youtube too much...^^;

I love to watch Harshly Critical, he does let's plays of horror games, mostly indie ones.  What I like about him is that he's not fake and doesn't annoyingly scream and wake up my daughter when she is sleeping.  Plus he reviews games well.  I'm stuck on a macbook so, I watch all the windows indie horror games he plays.  Also....I'm sometimes to scared to play games myself haha.  Although I have played through Silent Hill, old Resident Evil's, Fatal Frame/Project Zero and Siren.  Good times, but wow, it took me awhile.  I love and hate horror games what can I say lol.  Anyways yeah, so I also watch Vsauce which has a bunch of random shows that have to do with video games, from game loot to random questions explained.

I basically use youtube for gaming videos, nothing else lol.

More like fav YouTubers down here. ^^;;

Rob Dyke

I have a mega crush on him and his videos are hella interesting. It's a win win. He does comedy and horror sort of videos. 'SERIOUSLY STRANGE' and 'Serial Killer Files' are interesting if you can stomach the gorey descriptions and murder stories. It's eerie and depressing though so, warning to you all. 'Why would you put that on the internet?' series is really entertaining too. 

On a brighter note, my other favourite YouTuber is TobyTurner/Tobuscus/TobyGames. He is so precious! He's hilarious and so charming and just an absolute joy to see and watch. As you can see he has many channels but they're all comical, from video game playing to 'LITERAL' videos of him putting on a dramatic voice over a video game trailer (see vid below), it's all for humouring us all silly.

Other favourite is Markiplier. Exactly like Toby, he is ever such a gent having done charity work and being just an all round loving and caring chap. He also plays video games and varied ones at that so it's entertaining and different all the time. His compilations (see vid below) I adore watching before bed when I can, he's just too much in the best way.

Really enjoying Boyinaband thanks to our lovely @CAT5 having showed me him.

SheedraGoesToWork

I thought I commented in this thread before. o_o

Cooking With Dog and Markiplier! ♥

Either way,,, I watch a lot of youtube and I have some channels/shows I really love. 

the1janitor - He generally speaks on current affairs / social issues in his #DAS JUS ME DOE playlist / show. But he also does some silly list kind of shows too. But I mostly just like the way he breaks things down for people in a positive way. Koala tea channel.

Emergency Awesome - This guy is my one-stop shop for movie and tv show updates / reactions. He covers a lot of Marvel and DC movies and shows, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Doctor Who... a lot of the big shows. He also goes into character backstory explanations, and predictions for future seasons of shows. I started watching him for his WTD coverage but nowadays the GoT shows are my favorite!

Rachel & Jun - A married couple in Japan that gives a good insight for foreigners interested in learning about Japan. Like, really learn. It's not just fashion and strange candy. And did I mention they are extremely adorable? Their Culture! Advice! playlist is my go-to. But they cover a little bit of everything and interview the general Japanese public on questions foreigners often have.

Laci Green - Her SEX+ channel is great (I view this entire channel like a show because it's pretty much set up like one), I agree with most of her views and think she's doing a lot of good on the internet spreading much needed knowledge. She also started working for MTV doing a show called braless, but I still like her main channel more.

Eeehhh I'll stop there. I watch a lot of youtube lol. 

h3h3 productions

These guys are great. They make reaction videos to other youtube videos. The main guy, Ethan, makes pretty funny sarcastic comments and calls things out as they are. They also make really interesting ".exe" videos which are essentially...youtube poops? Pretty great if you like sarcastic comedy in the form of reaction videos.

I also like:

VIDEO GAMES

LGR - Clint is a major DOS fiend and does reviews on old DOS games. He goes pretty in depth and is really into collecting box art, etc. so you get a lot of history and release info. Great for people who want all the details. He's not terribly funny or clever but is enjoyable to listen to.

Accursed Farms (Ross's Game Dungeon) - Ross talks about PC games as well. A majority of games he talks about are DOS games, but the kind of game and platform really varies. A couple games he's covered are Eternam, Potty Pigeon, Carnevil, and Strife. He's also the guy who created Freeman's Mind for people who know the Half-Life parody.

Other:

-Angry Video Game Nerd

-JonTron

-ProJared

MOVIES

CinemaSins - Guys who basically point out faults in a movie. They critique movies on cliches, how real to life they are, story, characters, etc. They're quite funny and witty at times.

VanossGaming- He does a bunch of video games on his channel, mostly Gmod (he and his friends do some hysterical sandbox stuff), CoD WAW zombie mods, GTA V, and the new game he and his friends recently helped design called Dead Realm. He averages about 12M views on his videos and he has about 11-13M subscribers. 

-All of the crew members that play with Vanoss including DaithideNogla, Wildcat, Moo Snuckle, and Mini Ladd.

-Markiplier- Same thing as Vanoss gaming, has about 9M subscribers and does more LetsPlays than random funny videos. He's got a pretty interesting personality and is usually very energetic and has a very logical, intellectual approach to his gameplay

Sign in to follow this