Pandabear

Smartphones

Thanks for the suggestions. I am making myself crazy at the moment by comparing so many phones D:
I am definitely getting an unlocked phone, as I don't have the budget or motivation for a contract. I don't want to get an Iphone – too expensive and I dislike that it doesn't have slots for extra storage.

I was thinking about getting a samsung s4 mini (but it's full with apps you can't deinstall). I am having the moto g on my list as well. How good is it audio wise and will apps such as Lastfm scrobbler and spotify run on it without problems?
Sadly all other phones I'd fancy are too espensive. I tried to search for shops carrying cheaper sony models, but there are none in Austria. You can only get the Z or M series.

If you're talking about the audio playback when listening to music, that all depends on your headphones or whatever peripherals you use. Those apps should work on (almost) all android phones no problem.

You should def get the Moto G instead of the S4 mini (samsung is crap). Motorola is based on Android stock (no crappy interface) + has good vocal features but not as intrusive as samsung. + it's colorful !

If one day I have to change my iPhone, I'll choose Motorola.

It took me a long time to get a smartphone. Didn't use my phone for other than sending text messages and to have a clock aound, and I was sure I wouldn't use one much if I gt it. Didn't see the point really as my old phone still worked. However, got one from my dad two years ago that he was not happy with it at all, but I haven't had any problems with it. It's small and simple, and not one of those super phones, but it's still working as if it was new so I have no complaints. Works more than wel enough for me.

This is the one I've got. Old and cheap but good.

I mostly use my smartphone for its main utility; calling and eventually, texting. My mother bought the Samsung Galaxy S2 the day it came out in Belgium (so 3 years and 6 months ago) and then she gave it to me after a year, and it still works perfectly today. I have lost count of how many times it fell to the ground and still keeps working, I dunno if whether it's by luck or the phone is as much solid as the Nokia 3310, but I'm really glad with it. Though I think the S2 is no longer available for sale... Screw that marketing strategy.

But anyway, if ever you'll have to chose between an iPhone and a Samsung, go for the Samsung. Then, concerning the Motorola, I haven't heard bad things about it so it would also be a good choice. Plus, many people say that it's a better phone than the last Samsung phones that came out... So yeah, give the priority to the Motorola over the Samsung.