Spike760

442206.jpg

12012 is an indie visual kei / visual rock band who is signed with Under Code Production. The name, which is pronounced "Ichi-ni-zero-ichi-ni", comes from a section of the California Penal Code which refers to "the investigation of individuals who are armed and prohibited from possessing a firearm.". The band was formed on May 1, 2003, and consists of Miyawaki Wataru (???) on vocals, Sakai Hiroaki (????) and Suga Yuusuke (????) on guitar, Enya Tomoyuki (????) on bass, and Kawauchi Tohru (???) on drums.

12012 has recently gained popularity with underground Japanese rock communities in North America, and in English / Western online communities, joining other japanese rock bands such as DéspairsRay and Dir en grey.

They are having their first USA concert at Oni-con in Texas October 2006.

Their newest releases include:

?PLAY DOLLs?: a full-album which was released on 1st February, 2006.

?not obtain+1?: an album full of unreleased songs, said to be rare and limited edition; released on the same day as ?PLAY DOLLs?.

Heart [single]

pistol [single]

wana [single]

Over[single]

That profile wasn't actually updated correctly, because now 12012 along with Vidoll have "graduated" from the Undercode indie label. I'm not sure what label they're going onto, but I guess they're major now!! xD

That's pretty cool, because 12012 is a really good band, they were one of the first indie bands I learned about, I think I knew about 12012 before Dir en grey.

12012 is a good band. I first heard them this year actually and i started getting all i could from them. I saw some of their shirts in Hot Topic and became curious. Good thing i did cause these guys are good.

I have a 12012 shirt too. <3

Yeah, their newer stuff is a lot better than their older stuff. Like ever since "Heart" they've become amazing. Actually I didn't like the title track for "Heart" that much, but all the bonus tracks, like all of them were good, "Deep Forest", "Ocean" and "Shooting Star".

Yeah I think out of those three songs, "Deep Forest" is my favorite, I think "Deep Forest" might be my overall favorite, although I really liked the "Over..." single. Both songs were good.

I've never really like 12012, but I saw their Heart single on the downloads on Tonberry. It had cool cover art so I was like "hey, I'll give them another chance." I loved it. Everything since their Heart single has been amazing, but unfortunately I can't say I really enjoy anything they've done before it, although it's not bad.

Ocean or Deep Forest are my favorite tracks. For the most part I don't look up the translations for songs, but I checked out Deep Forest's and it's really good, I was surprised, lol.

New maxi-single is set for release on June 6th. It is entitled Cyclone and is coming in three different version (here I thought they wouldn't do that now that they aren't with undercode anymore! their new label is NAYUTAWAVE RECORDS). One version with two tracks, another with two tracks and a PV, and another with three tracks

Track list:

01 - Cyclone

02 - survival

03 - ambiance

I'm defintly looking forward to this!

Wow, that's awesome. I think I heard about that, but I can't remember if I put it on the Calendar, but that's definately a release that will need to be put on!! xD

heh, sou kah?~~~ everybody likes their stuff better after "Heart"....

Well, I admit every song they came out after "Heart" are AMAZINGLY great!!!

I like Over... , wana & ocean ^_^

I also like their older or darkier sounds better,

Cos it's their "icy~cold city" & "BURN" that got me into listening to them a long time ago...

hmm.... maybe when "icy~cold city" the single's out in year 2005.. I guess...

Oh it's been that long since I've knew them, haha >_<

I pre-order their CYCLONE single type A, the one that comes with DVD ^_^

Hope it'll arrive soon!!!!

Well it's good they're major now, eh?

Keep up the good work, 12012 ^^ Gambate!

Yeah I thought I liked their releases that came after "Heart" better, but that's because I was comparing it to their way older releases like Bell Salem and Knight Mare, but after listening to PLAY DOLLs and not obtain +1, I like those CD's a lot. They remind me of -OZ-, err something.

WOW!

Funny to sew how everybody here prefer their "actual face" rather then their old one. Everywhere I went people were all crying about how they miss their old music, where they were all dark and punk and didn't play so many poppy music and weren't sell outs.

I can't say that I love better their old or their newest music, 'cause I don't see a change at all. The only thing I can see is the history flowing and a better recording quality!

But I'm more into their music since Play Dolls, 'cause it sounds more mature and somehow "emotional" for me.

If I knew them before Diru, they would be my all-times favorite band. :[

I don't know after going back and listening to their older stuff more, I can definately see a change in their music starting at HEART< it is a lot poppier, but I still like it, well some of it. I really liked the B-side tracks of HEART, and I liked their "Over..." single and "Cyclone" was pretty good. xD

felt really strange finding them within major artists. i thought even after ichi ni had changed their label they still remained an indies band oO

my favorite band btw. just love them :D

Wasn't that what the Graduation and Departure thing was? 12012 and Vidoll both went major, I thought.

at least noone said anything certain about it [especially about the new label - whether it's major or not], that's why i was confused.

I think they're on like SWORDFISH or something, or someone is, or I might've made that up, I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure they went to major with Vidoll after the graduation from Under-Code.

Btw, I still want to find that DVD, I don't even know if it's out yet, the Graduation and Departure one.

im starting to like 12012 ...

but i only have:

gallows

pistol

butterfly

cyclone

another scene