CAT5

THE HIP HOP THREAD!

Gangsta Boo

FUCK. WHY IS SHE STILL AROUND .______________.

She's alwyas been a shit rapper, just like everyone associated with 3-6 mafia.

Anyways, still looking forward to hearing this!

Check out Boaz's album "Intuition" This is the first time I heard the dude but the album has a certain feel that you can only expect from experienced MCs.

samples:

one of the better releases this year.

how big is the hip-hop scene in Indo?

Actually i cant answer this question, but so far i only know few good groups with lyric that combined street battle verses with political consciousness and punk rock ethics, like homicide, eyefeelsix, etc

anyway this MC Morgue Vanguard ex homicide's blog.

http://gutterspit.com/

Actually i cant answer this question, but so far i only know few good groups with lyric that combined street battle verses with political consciousness and punk rock ethics, like homicide, eyefeelsix, etc

anyway this MC Morgue Vanguard ex homicide's blog.

http://gutterspit.com/

can you expand on what the lyricism is like? I am getting immortal technique-type vibes from the vids you posted. 

Dec 2

Wu-Tang: A Better Tomorrow

Dec 9

Ghostface Killah: 36 Seasons

PRhyme - PRhyme

I am quite grateful for that coming week, even though 2014 has been a shit year overall, hip-hop's fourth quarter is still real 

^ Since you mentioned Ghostface Killah

This *gorgeous* collab (Ghostface and BBNG, imagine!) will have a new album out next year *o*

^ Since you mentioned Ghostface Killah

This *gorgeous* collab (Ghostface and BBNG, imagine!) will have a new album out next year *o*

He has already done a similar band-instrumental collab with Adrian Younge in 12 Reasons to Die. No clue how BBNG collab will pan out though. 12 Reasons to Die was quite a collective effort with RZA over seeing it.

I might be the least member you'd expect to do some necroing in a hip hop-related thread, but what are your top hip hop albums of this year so far, guys (besides RTJ2 ofc lol) ?

Consider this to be my lazy attempt in grabbing some must-tries from one place instead of going around inside circles x)

When it comes to me and my vibes 'til this point, Freddie & Madlib were really ill with their Piñata-album:

Chill~ (and I don't find Danny to be a nuisance in here lmao)

Not to mention that HMM had "Bestiary" out as well (Rob's flow daaamn):

(I am currently on Rob Sonic's latest solo effort - sounding fine!)

PLUS new Clipping - which might have been a brilliant execution w/o "post-ironic hip hop" in "Tonight" (oh, and this made me realize Gangsta Boo is a real pain to listen to, ergh) - LMFAO exists for BS like that ffs.

I've also had a really hard time digesting Busdriver's newest relase  :wacko:

If you don't care about lyricism Pinata is one of the best albums this year.

My top 10 so far:

1. There is Only Now- Souls of Mischief
  2. PTSD - Pharoahe Monche
  3. Blasphemy - Apollo Brown and Rass Kas
  4. March on Washington -  Diamond District
  5. Intuition - Boaz
  6. The Infamous - Mobb Deep
  7. Mega Philosophy - Cormega
  8. #WAKEDAFUCUP -Onyx
  9. NehruvianDOOM - NehruvianDOOM
  10. XIV:LIX -MC Jin

This is pre-Cadilactica (Big KRIT's album). I have been busy with my semester just before KRIT's album dropped. Plus there is roughly 4-5 albums to check out for December alone. If you really want a fix, you may want to check out the first 4 or 5. They are all excellent and well thought out.

I've listened to very little hip hop this year (still need to try the new RTJ). The new Big K.R.I.T. wasn't bad, but def. not on par with his older work imo - still a refreshing throwback to that pre-trap and pre-crunk southern hip-hop sound that I like. I enjoyed a good bit of Tech N9ne's collabo album...even tho I'm not a fan of all the features, the production was amazing as usual. I would have liked ¡MAYDAY! x MURS more if there were no Murs and Bernz didn't rap at all LOL.

For Japanese hip-hop, the latest albums from GAGLE, Uyama Hiroto and WARAJI were nice.

Haven't been bothered to listen to any rap for years and years now, but this came along and I've been really feeling it lately:

The pretty damn awesome video helps of course, but I do think this stands on it's own legs musically as well.

Great production, and I really dig the off kilter verses by A$AP FERG in the beginning  ....."This is sewer manure flow"  :rock:

Anybody got any suggestions for tracks similar to this? I checked out both some other Freeway and A$AP stuff, but I just couldn't deal with it.

Not really clear what you like about that song, If you really did check out Freeway and Ferg already then there is barely any other lead to go with.

That song samples Gravediggaz - 1-800-suicide of their album 6 Feet Deep(Niggamortis) which is a horror-themed album

yea could look it that way, I noticed it more with Gravediggaz since it is a slower tempo. Nice look on that sample, I barely listen to anything pre-88. 

Idk, you can try  necro, army of the pharoahs,vinnie paz, slaine maybe even killah priest or kool keith. Anymore fucked-up, then they underground as fuck. 

Uh, aren't both track sampling KRS-ONE on that "Suicide" bit?

http://youtu.be/xNhIQMs1HyY?t=1m25s

But yeah, what I suppose that I'd like to hear weird/off kilter/based (or whatever) set to more classic hard beats, á la KRS-ONE, TRIBE CALLED QUEST etc. So yeah, basically "Return of the Boom Bap" but with fucked up MC:ing :lol:

I have no idea what you want, but becaue you mentioned "return of the boom bap" I will just have to throw this one out there:

Fantastic album.

I'm not getting tired of this song. Amazing. That hook, man. Fuck! I'm having a hard time getting it out of my head. Singing it all day long.