CAT5

THE HIP HOP THREAD!

yessss bitch

Song taken from the Dope soundtrack, an old school hip hop film released this year. It looks fucking DOPE, and the soundtrack is top notch and includes songs from Public Enemy, A Tribe Called Quest, Nas and others, as well as four songs composed by Pharrell Williams for the fictional group Awreeoh. Pharrell's clearly found the N.E.R.D. in himself. Cool shit!

Doesn't look lik ethe film will hit Norwegian cinemas, though. Such a shame, but expected.

that chill shit

They're going to start showing it here in October and I'll try to be there the day it opens. It's the only thing that's going to get me shell out 14 euros or whatever the fuck absurd price they ask for these days.

What a great year it has been for me personally. If both Young Thug and Drake lp's come out then my end of the year list is... still relatively the same because right now the top positions are held by the mixtapes from the two.

Song taken from the Dope soundtrack, an old school hip hop film released this year. It looks fucking DOPE, and the soundtrack is top notch and includes songs from Public Enemy, A Tribe Called Quest, Nas and others, as well as four songs composed by Pharrell Williams for the fictional group Awreeoh. Pharrell's clearly found the N.E.R.D. in himself. Cool shit!

Doesn't look lik ethe film will hit Norwegian cinemas, though. Such a shame, but expected.

I don't know if you were aware of this but N.E.R.D. are (at least according to Pharrell) intending to churn out a new album sooner or later :)

4th quarter of hip-hop seems to be lackluster this year so I started compiling a some of the best releases this year early. Some that are in my top 10 that probably won't be bumped out:

Spending this lazy Sunday morning working my way through this new book:

rapyearbook.JPG

Which, in addition to being a fun, interesting read, has had me bumpin' some Afrika Bambaataa all morning. (for the first time in about a decade...)

Who, in addition to being a hiphop pioneer, had some pretty VK looks back in the day:

Afrikaviking.jpg

afrika.jpg

Fantastic song, and Mr. Mutherfuckin’ eXquire's verse is easily the highlight here. That flow is incredible, man. The entire album is fantastic. Among the most overlooked hip hop albums of the 2000's so far. It might be El-P's straightest effort so far in his career in terms of production, but it's so well-done from begining to end and it's got his name written all over it anyway so even if it's unoriginal in many ways, it still sounds fresh as fuck. Genius!

Fantastic song, and Mr. Mutherfuckin’ eXquire's verse is easily the highlight here. That flow is incredible, man. The entire album is fantastic. Among the most overlooked hip hop albums of the 2000's so far. It might be El-P's straightest effort so far in his career in terms of production, but it's so well-done from begining to end and it's got his name written all over it anyway so even if it's unoriginal in many ways, it still sounds fresh as fuck. Genius!

Cancer 4 Cure was pretty amazing... and if there's a Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire bandwagon I've been riding it since the Huzzah remix a few years back.

Check out his  video for (I don't think properly released anywhere) Fat Fool:

Breezy/dreamy production and his smart/sarcatic flow on top. Really top-notch. (and less than two minutes if you want a sample of what makes him good without much commitment)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJu-pCccLX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6xsuzxLcww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ZmSjbIHvQ

That moment when my idea that Guitar equals real hardness shatters and you realized k-rap is harder then visual kei.. anyway i see jaypark with this album, needa go threw it again

Edited by blackdoll

Discovered this gem the other day:

wu-massacre.jpg

method.jpg

wu-massacre-500x500.jpg

wu-massacre-rae.jpg

How on earth did I not know about this before now? Superb album, and the music is actually as good as the album covers. I could've done without the two skits, and the album is a tad too short clocking in at only 30 minutes, but the actualy quality of the music here is superb IMO. Top, top album!

And this:

Fucking hell, how good is that? When Killer Mike kicks in, man. It's so awesome, and when El-P continues the show? Hell! Hip Hop GODS ano 2015!

Edited by blackdoll

yesssss Bangtan boys

Rotfl

Tech N9ne ㅡ Special Effects 7/10

First half score: 9/10
Second half score: 5/10

Tech-N9ne-Special-Effects-Deluxe-Edition

Good album, could have been better but the problem lies in the second half of the album. That is to say if the album had only the 12 first tracks on it, then it would be a fucking dope one IMO. The second half is not bad but really weak compared to the first one, there are some tracks I really enjoyed though. Anyway this album is worth checking out just because of the 11 or 12 first tracks (8 if we forget the interludes) and especially if you dig Tecca Nina's music. Gonna say it again, just in case: good album.

Also gonna drop here my favorite song from the new album, dope shit. 

Awesome to see Tech n9ne love here! Got all his albums and he's always appearing on my iPod!

Looking forward to;

Flatbush Zombies - It's All A Matter Of Perspective

A fellow Flatbush Zombies listener \qwq/

Im looking forward to Denzel Curry's "Imperial" mixtape.

A fellow Flatbush Zombies listener \qwq/

Im looking forward to Denzel Curry's "Imperial" mixtape.

hey hubby, i thought you were all vk

Not particularly related to traditionalist endorsement here, but I gotta say new Death Grips proved out to be more or less a big joke (maybe intentional but this is not that funny anymore). Let's have a throwback to acts doing practically the same thing (industrial/noise/hip hop (or rap)) but in more pleasant fashion:

Nightmare fuel to the max o_o

okay im dead