New music video for Swerve City came out.

Also

DEFTONES frontman Chino Moreno says that it is now more likely than ever before that the band's shelved 2008 album "Eros" will see the light of day. 

Don't know if this has to do with Chi's passing, but I guess Eros will come out in the not so distant future now. It was the last album Chi worked on so it seems appropriate they would release it as a sort of tribute. 

It's official: the new album will be released at the end of September, possibly on 25th.

All the instrumental parts have been recorded, only the vocals are left. The record should have 16 tracks, supposedly.

can't waittt~

I've been in a Deftones/crosses/team sleep music phase for the last two weeks after I received the announcement of their summer tour with Incubus.  I plan on attending their show in Mountain View, CA. near the end of the tour.

Their music gets better with age in my opinion, and I am very excited about this year's release - and the release of Eros if it ever is made available.

And this just became my most anticipated album for 2016. I will be waiting for April 8th to come.

The song is great and it proves the band is one of the few bands around that are continually consistent in quality. And considering how on top of their game these guys have been with their previous release like Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan, I'm expecting another masterpiece and contender for album of the year.  I can't wait to see what new sounds the band has been exploring. The hype is strong.

I honestly don't know how the fuck they manage to do it, but they're like the one band associated with that whole '90s nu-metal/alt-metal thing that didn't fall off the bandwagon and managed to stay fresh throughout their career...

tumblr_l4cbr5JAfn1qb8okyo1_500.jpg

Chino is the most underrated frontman in rock. This interview made me love and respect him even more; he doesn't give a fuck.

DEFTONES frontman Chino Moreno spoke to Revolver magazine about the group's stint on the upcoming Summer Sanitarium trek. "A big problem for me was opening for LIMP BIZKIT and LINKIN PARK, two bands that wouldn't exist if it weren't for me, straight up!" the singer is quoted as saying in the magazine's August 2003 issue. "But in the end I'm seriously energized and I'm not going out there to make friends and kick it. I'm out there to leave people with their jaws on the floor. And I know we can do it. I know we're the best live band on the tour." Asked if that includes the tour's headliners, Moreno said, "Hell yeah. METALLICA have a vast catalog. But live? Motherfuckers just stand there and play. We're gonna rock out their shit. We're gonna blow that motherfucker up."

In the same interview, Chino talked about wanting to distance himself from a lot of the bands that the DEFTONES were being lumped in with and offered an opinion on why the lackluster sales of such releases as KORN's "Untouchables" and PAPA ROACH's "Lovehatetragedy" shouldn't be a barometer of how many units DEFTONES will shift.

"Those records weren't good — it's that simple," he said. "As far back as when we were making 'Around The Fur', I remember already being sickened by what was going on with the bands we were grouped with. But if you make good songs, it doesn't matter what style it is — if it's good and heartfelt, it will sell."

"Honestly, I don't think KORN made a good record. And PAPA ROACH made a boring record. With KORN, it sounds like they tried to be more commercial and they lost their energy. Old KORN records had so much intensity. As they go on, it's the same thing — bad childhoods and mean moms. It gets old after awhile. How old is Jonathan? Thirty years old? How long has it been since he lived with his parents? Try to go somewhere else. If you're genuine and write about whatever is drawing the emotion now, you can't be fucked with."

onew-s-adorable-laugh-shinee-16906136-50

Crosses album was just AMAZING. Just makes me lose a grip with reality at times.

Even Ruki from the GazettE loved the album and used it as inspiration.

Will definitely listen to their new release. Time to come back to American Rock it seems this year.

Album cover and track list revealed

a087q.jpg

1. Prayers/Triangles
2. Acid Hologram
3. Doomed User
4. Geometric Headdress
5. Hearts and Wires
6. Pittura Infamante
7. Xenon
8. (L)MIRL
9. Gore
10. Phantom Bride
11 Rubicon

Most interested in hearing Acid Hologram, Doomed User, Geometric Headdress, Xenon, (L)MIRL, Phantom Bride, and Rubicon

Album cover and track list revealed

a087q.jpg

1. Prayers/Triangles

2. Acid Hologram

3. Doomed User

4. Geometric Headdress

5. Hearts and Wires

6. Pittura Infamante

7. Xenon

8. (L)MIRL

9. Gore

10. Phantom Bride

11 Rubicon

Most interested in hearing Acid Hologram, Doomed User, Geometric Headdress, Xenon, (L)MIRL, Phantom Bride, and Rubicon

wow , i have been waiting for this for years ,

and i finally got the chance to listen to this ...

but hell , they still didnt lose their edge .

as being my #1 band in my life , 

they never disappointed me .

the top track would be "phantom bride" for me .

Phantom Bride x2

Edit: Just found out Alice in Chains' guitarist was a featured guitarist holy shit.

I also enjoyed Prayers/Triangles + Doomed User

Just a heads up. Don't drive to work with this playing if you need sleep. Chino will get you that sleep no question lol He could proably put a bear to sleep....

This album is already getting so much praise. Some even go as far to say that this is on par with White Pony.

I personally felt so much pain in this album. Chi's death really changed the theme to their sound.

I still await Eros, if we ever do get to listen to it.

Edited by YuyoDrift
Deftones Beeotch

I'm thoroughly underwhelmed by the new album. I kinda enjoyed Doomed User and Phantom Bride, the rest is all a snoozy grey blur for me that I don't even have the will to re-visit at all. I won't dwell on this any further tho, since this is the first time I've ever been let down by a Deftones release, and that's saying something for a band with such a huge history. So hoping the next album will be more to my liking!

34 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

I'm thoroughly underwhelmed by the new album. I kinda enjoyed Doomed User and Phantom Bride, the rest is all a snoozy grey blur for me that I don't even have the will to re-visit at all. I won't dwell on this any further tho, since this is the first time I've ever been let down by a Deftones release, and that's saying something for a band with such a huge history. So hoping the next album will be more to my liking!

34 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Yeah I'd recommend another listen for sure. I felt the same way when I first listened to it.

I also felt like it was just one long track that lost its momentum halfway in. That's amazing if you think about it.

The shoegaze is very strong on a lot of these tracks. Chino gives off the Crosses vibe on this album (even though I hear he wasn't 100% in this making of the album, due to his side projects)

It will grow on you, trust me.

2 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

^ Already deleted it, haha. I might come back to it tho, when I don't have a zillion other (more exciting) new albums to listen to.

So savage rofl

I hear ya. I bought the Physical CD, so if you'd like a FLAC Rip to listen to again, let me know.

I have given this album quite a few spins in the last week, and I must say that I enjoyed it, but it did not have the same addictive impact that Diamond Eyes and Koi no Yokan had over me.  Honestly, I was a moderate fan of Deftones in the 90's, but the post-Chi Cheng ear sound that arose with DE and KNY really made me fall in love with the band and kindled a deeper appreciation for their past material.  I saw their first show of 2016 at the MusInk festival in Costa Mesa, CA, which got me pumped after hearing them play Doomed User live for the first time.  With that said - I had very high hopes for the record - almost too high for my own good - and was left with wanting more by the end.  That is not to say it was not a good record, but it did not meet the same tier I enjoyed with WP, DE, and KNY.

The single tracks - Prayers/Triangles, Herats/Wires - are really solid favorites for me in addition to Phantom Bride, (L)mirl (The chorus on that one is amazing), and Gore (the heavy sections are the hardest hitting on the album).

I love the Deftones, and hope that they continue to create and share their talents with us.