Sign in to follow this  
jduv86

Hey there, MD residents! Want to form a band?

from my craiglist ad:

"Seeking new band members

My influences include Sleeping with Sirens, I See Stars, ALSDEAD, Nocturnal Bloodlust, Coheed and Cambria, and Vistlip. I want to take the catchiness and edge of post hardcore music and mix it with the creativity and diverse sounds of jrock/visual kei to create new fun original music. I'm a big fan of crossing genres to make an unique sound.

I want to form a 6 member band (lead, rhythm, bass, drums, keyboard, vocals) of successful minded male and females. We will start by composing a 5 song demo and then eventually play out and promote our songs plus do a couple of covers. This is only the very beginning of what I have planned.

I've been playing guitar for about 2 years and been singing for about 9 months. I've been on stage a couple of times and know how to pump a crowd.

I look forward to receiving the following from you:
Please email your Press Kit. I realize you might
not yet have one, so a list of music career experience and achievements
along with some examples of your playing will be fine (even if it's links to
youtube videos) and your age.

After reviewing your email, I will send you my vision, goals, character,
values, and focus, and let you decide if you're the right person for the
team before proceeding any further.

Thanks!
Frae"
http://www.youtube.com/user/fraeofficial?feature=mhee
http://www.bandmix.com/frae86/

I live in the US. MD = Maryland State. Do you slap bass though? I wanted a bassists sort of like Koichi from Mejibray.

It's nice to see another maryland resident here~

I'm already involved in a musical project at the moment, so I really can't contribute anything haha

It's also a shame our musical tastes are completely different, as I listen to more oldschool visual kei ;<

Good luck on your band though!

thanks! Can I hear some of your music though? I'd love that!

Once we resume recording duties, I'll make sure to share some of our demos with you :>

Since I moved, I don't have my recording equipment set up, but I did record some videos of the layout of the songs so people can get an idea of what kind of sound I'd like the band to have (Guitar Pro). A good balance of heavy and melodic with a VK influence. I've upload them on youtube. 

Sign in to follow this