kai_desu

Show Your Music Player!

I did not know you could skin foobar lololololol.

I have the default haha.

~ edit ~

Okay okay, I know you have the same keyboard as I do. I can't get the display to show foobar though, it works with iTunes and Winamp but not foobar. Any idea how to get it to work? I googled it and it says that it's a setting within foobar but the instructions were kinda vague.

I did not know you could skin foobar lololololol.

I have the default haha.

~ edit ~

Okay okay, I know you have the same keyboard as I do. I can't get the display to show foobar though, it works with iTunes and Winamp but not foobar. Any idea how to get it to work? I googled it and it says that it's a setting within foobar but the instructions were kinda vague.

You'll want this: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_logitech_lcd

Just place the .dll in your foobar2000 compontents folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\components) and restart foobar~ It should pop up and display automatically when you play a song.

The four select-able buttons underneath the LCD display will also change to different views:

Button 1:    Spectrum Analyser 1 -> Spectrum Analyser 2 -> Spectrum Analyser 3 -> Spectrum Analyser 4
Button 2:    Oscilloscope 1 -> Oscilloscope 2 -> Oscilloscope 3 -> Oscilloscope 4
Button 3:    VU Meter 1 -> VU Meter 2 -> VU Meter 3
Button 4:    Track Info 1 -> Track Info 2 -> Track Info 3 -> Track Info 4

Ignore the dust >>;
kfTHf66l.jpg

UQuVrlF.png

This is how mine looks like. It's compact and simple, though it has no repeat and shuffle buttons.

I use the basic(or well.. close to basic since I'm using Columns UI) layout. It's pretty utilitarian, but it works great for retagging/reorganizing my collection. Maybe when I'm done with all of that I'll switch to a fancier layout though... especially since I've got a 2nd monitor set up now and usually always have foobar opened on that vs how it used to always be minimized.

Might be a stupid question, but is there also a way to skin iTunes like this? I guess it's not as modable as foobar is (because lol Apple) but since i have a Mac there are no other alternatives for music players and the standard iTunes looks a bit boring to me. Kai, do your magic!

Might be a stupid question, but is there also a way to skin iTunes like this? I guess it's not as modable as foobar is (because lol Apple) but since i have a Mac there are no other alternatives for music players and the standard iTunes looks a bit boring to me. Kai, do your magic!

No, can't skin iTunes )=

There are alternatives to iTunes for Mac though, silly. Winamp being the better of them to my knowledge, and skinnable like foobar is.

http://www.winamp.com/mac

I usually use winamp, but with the what has posted kai, I finally get into foobar2000, it's awsome all the options you get. Thanks for share it, the only thing I miss from winamp it's the tagging options. You know how to get the accuracy on autotagging of winamp into foobar2000?

For tagging use a separate application like Mp3tag. Simple and clean to use and has the ability to automatically pull information from Musicbrainz, discogs, amazon, etc.

For tagging use a separate application like Mp3tag. Simple and clean to use and has the ability to automatically pull information from Musicbrainz, discogs, amazon, etc.

Ok I'll try it, thank you!

Some day I will switch off of iTunes and use foobar...maybe if there was a way to sync my libraries between the two, because my main problem is I still want to be able to manage everything on my iPod.

here's the new version of JAM V.1.1

Clipboard02_zpsb6c0ce95.jpg

pretty neat. I like the new blue color scheme and being able to actually resize the window has mad it look a whole lot better on my monitor :)